February 28, 201016 yr In the 1st half they let them play, but Tenn. got away with a ton more than the Cats. A Tenn. player jumped on Cousins back down low and nothing was called. Cousins got the ball back and had it blocked by Williams from behind (which could have been a foul) and nothing was called. Bledsoe got jumped a few times down low. My problem is that the refs have let teams get away with murder on Cousins. He's bigger & stronger, so I suppose that it's okay to be extremely physical with him. I've been very impressed with how well Cousins has kept his cool recently. Teams have done everything they can to take him out of his game and it hasn't worked. That's more than I could say about myself. Part A: UT obviously didn't get away with "a ton" more than UK did, UT was called for 13 fouls in the first half, UK only 9. Part B: UK's guards swarm the ball every time it's in the post, swiping and swatting at the ball. John Wall is the biggest culprit, and they get away with it 98% of the time. Part C: Cousins is a very physical player. Referees can see that, and that's why I think they let a little more go down there. May sound silly, but if they called every little touch foul on guys defending Cousins, you all would get frustrated. He's a big guy, likes physical play. People are going to be physical with him also.
February 28, 201016 yr Let's see, I think I might have hit on that a bit: Post #11: Game decided by 3 things: - UT's 2-3 matchup zone that UK just didn't figure out today - Interior and transition defense was not present for UK; Vols shot layups all day - Wall's turnover combined with Hopson's 3-pointer in the final minute Bonus points to the officials, as well :deadhorse: Then why even reference the officials?? :lol: :ohbrother:
February 28, 201016 yr Then why even reference the officials?? :lol: :ohbrother: Because they were terrible.
February 28, 201016 yr Because they were terrible. Terrible for who, UK? Or were they terrible both ways?
February 28, 201016 yr Part A: UT obviously didn't get away with "a ton" more than UK did, UT was called for 13 fouls in the first half, UK only 9. Part B: UK's guards swarm the ball every time it's in the post, swiping and swatting at the ball. John Wall is the biggest culprit, and they get away with it 98% of the time. Part C: Cousins is a very physical player. Referees can see that, and that's why I think they let a little more go down there. May sound silly, but if they called every little touch foul on guys defending Cousins, you all would get frustrated. He's a big guy, likes physical play. People are going to be physical with him also. Part A: Is it difficult for you to understand that Tenn. could have committed 30 fouls but only gotten called for 13. UK may have committed 20 and gotten called for 9. Looking at only the #'s doesn't always tell the whole story. There were some obvious fouls that were not called, on both sides. Tenn. got away with those more than Kentucky. Part B: Kentucky definitely got away with some fouls as well. Part C: A foul is a foul, regardless of how big you are. It's a testament to Cousins, who has been ridden hard on here, about how well he's kept his cool. Of course, those who think he's a thug and punk will never admit that. Part D: I'm done w/ the debate over the officials. I don't think they determined the outcome of the game and any fans of other teams will simply spin my post. It's a battle that'll never end and, quite frankly, doesn't matter. I hope the Cats whip Georgia.
February 28, 201016 yr Part A: Is it difficult for you to understand that Tenn. could have committed 30 fouls but only gotten called for 13. UK may have committed 20 and gotten called for 9. Looking at only the #'s doesn't always tell the whole story. There were some obvious fouls that were not called, on both sides. Tenn. got away with those more than Kentucky. Part B: Kentucky definitely got away with some fouls as well. Part C: A foul is a foul, regardless of how big you are. It's a testament to Cousins, who has been ridden hard on here, about how well he's kept his cool. Of course, those who think he's a thug and punk will never admit that. Part D: I'm done w/ the debate over the officials. I don't think they determined the outcome of the game and any fans of other teams will simply spin my post. It's a battle that'll never end and, quite frankly, doesn't matter. I hope the Cats whip Georgia. I do understand your point, but the notion that UT got away with more than UK is purely an opinion. As for Cuz, I'm not saying he doesn't get fouled, but I don't think he gets treated differently than any other physical big man in the country. It's a "mans game" down there, he needs to get used to it. I think he is getting used to it, because it takes a little more for him to get frustrated than it did earlier in the season.
February 28, 201016 yr There is actually an entire website dedicated to the sketchiness of Tony Greene's officiating. I'm not sure if I can post it on here or not but you can easily find it using Google. It's worth checking out for a good laugh.
February 28, 201016 yr I do understand your point, but the notion that UT got away with more than UK is purely an opinion. As for Cuz, I'm not saying he doesn't get fouled, but I don't think he gets treated differently than any other physical big man in the country. It's a "mans game" down there, he needs to get used to it. I think he is getting used to it, because it takes a little more for him to get frustrated than it did earlier in the season. Yes, it's an opinion. If you watch the game as a basketball fan (and not a UK fan or anti-UK fan), you'll see what I'm talking about. As far as it being a "man's game" down low, I'm well aware. So is Demarcus. He's done a brilliant job down there. But he takes an absolute beating down low. He has done an excellent job of keeping his composure. There is not a single player in the nation who takes a bigger beating down low than Boogie. Yes, he brings some of that upon himself.
February 28, 201016 yr There is actually an entire website dedicated to the sketchiness of Tony Greene's officiating. I'm not sure if I can post it on here or not but you can easily find it using Google. It's worth checking out for a good laugh. http://istonygreeneonthetake.blogspot.com/ I can't wait to read some of this stuff. :lol:
February 28, 201016 yr They say that the game yesterday is the worst of the entire year for Greene and his crew :lol:
February 28, 201016 yr UK did not play well enough to win. Get it Deuce ? The officials were terrible, especially in the 1st half. This is what helped ignite the 18-0 run. This IS what happened. It's not that hard. Look we all know you are happy because UK lost. That's fine too. I don't care what you think. But the officials were still terrible in the 1st half.
February 28, 201016 yr Just another double standard where some Louisville fans choose to complain about officials in their games and if someone calls them out on it they're just blind haters, but Heaven forbid a UK fan complain about officials ever. I'm starting to figure this whole thing out.
February 28, 201016 yr Just another double standard where some Louisville fans choose to complain about officials in their games and if someone calls them out on it they're just blind haters, but Heaven forbid a UK fan complain about officials ever. I'm starting to figure this whole thing out. If the officials that worked this game get kept from working the SEC Tournament because of their calls, I'll gladly retract everything I've said in this thread. :thumb:
February 28, 201016 yr If the officials that worked this game get kept from working the SEC Tournament because of their calls, I'll gladly retract everything I've said in this thread. :thumb: :confused:
February 28, 201016 yr If the officials that worked this game get kept from working the SEC Tournament because of their calls, I'll gladly retract everything I've said in this thread. :thumb: So the officials who worked the Seton Hall/Louisville game, and the West Virginia/Louisville game will have to be kept from working any Big East tournament games for you to feel that Louisville was hosed in those games? Just wanting to make sure I've got it all clear.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.