Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 74 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

I didn't think the officiating was really all that bad.

 

The call I wish we could have had was the Williams reach in when Miller lost it out of bounds.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't think the officiating was really all that bad.

 

The call I wish we could have had was the Williams reach in when Miller lost it out of bounds.

 

I thought it should have been a jump ball before he lost it out of bounds.

I thought it should have been a jump ball before he lost it out of bounds.

 

From what I saw Williams never even touched the ball.

My only comments on the UK/UT game are that UT just flat out wanted it more early on and dug a big hole for the Cats. The Cats helped them dig the hole, but Pearl had a great game plan and his guys were hungry.

 

UK played much better to get back in it, especially Wall when he began pushing it. But UT earned the W and got it. I will take 27-2. This is one of the games early on I thought UK had a chance of losing. Hopefully, this will get their focus back.

From what I saw Williams never even touched the ball.

 

Miller blocked somebody before that happened and then got the ball and then lost it out of bounds.

I have to agree that the play of Miller has been impressive, he's playing hard. Dodson must turn it around soon, a few threes can loosen up those zones.

Anybody who thinks the officials weren't awful for at least the first half is blind. There was one point where nearly every player on the court paused for a second because they were all so sure a foul had been committed, but the officials didn't call it.

 

The second half was better, but not great.

 

Even with that though, UK had a shot to win and couldn't do it. Miller's losing the ball at the end and the whole team's poor shooting lost the game.

 

You can tell Dodson in particular is frustrated. Did anyone else notice him breaking out the headband for the game, but tossing it when he still couldn't shoot?

 

The officials called the first half about as loose as you could call a game, but I thought they called it the same at both ends. UT took advantage of it by playing very hard, very physical and very aggressively. Kentucky did not respond for much of the game and UT just took it to us.

 

The only calls I really hated in this game were the two fake charges called on the Cats. The one on Cousins early in the game was ridiculous and the one on Wall late was weak, but then again I hate the flop worse than anything in college basketball.:irked:

Is officiating becoming worse or has the game sped up so much that it is hard to keep up? There is also more scrutiny because of slow motion replays, TIVOing,etc I daresay officiating is no worse than it has ever been--probably better. But the fans are more demanding as college ball has increased in popularity.

I believe this post is very fair as far as game speed. In turn, the officiating has become worse. It is the same with all sports.

 

The only calls I really hated in this game were the two fake charges called on the Cats. The one on Cousins early in the game was ridiculous and the one on Wall late was weak, but then again I hate the flop worse than anything in college basketball.:irked:

 

Brian Williams took both charges.

Brian Williams took both charges.

Some guys just rub you the wrong way. Brian Williams is one of those guys.

 

Maybe it is because he has been around 9 years, but I have gotten to where I sort of like Wayne Chism.

Hangman made a reference to UL fans complaining about officials in their games. Two officials are actually being kept from doing the BE Tournament because of the fiasco at the end of the UL/WVU game. If the same happens to the officials in yesterday's UK game, I'll gladly say I was wrong.

 

Interestingly enough, Mike Kitts, who was suspended because of the UL/WVU game, also called this game.

Brian Williams took both charges.

 

He apparently has enrolled in a correspondence course taught from a campus located in Durham, NC.:sssh:Wall could not knock him down if he wanted to, especially with a glancing blow and he started falling after Cousins had already spun the other direction. I'm not saying these calls cost UK the game, they didn't. The Vols were the better team Saturday.

I thought they were going to lose this game after someone brought up the quick turn around earlier in the year. This was the only instance I saw where it was only 36 hours though. It was going to be tough no matter what. Going 2-22 didn't help. To battle back and tie it was huge. The blog about Greene is an interesting read. I don't think officiating cost them, but officials make a huge difference in games. I think we'll see a focused team against Georgia.

Brian Williams took both charges.

 

Believe it or not, Williams has taken more charges in the past.

 

He took three charges on New Year's Day.

Believe it or not, Williams has taken more charges in the past.

 

He took three charges on New Year's Day.

 

:laugh: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.