Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 74 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

:confused:

 

Hangman made a reference to UL fans complaining about officials in their games. Two officials are actually being kept from doing the BE Tournament because of the fiasco at the end of the UL/WVU game. If the same happens to the officials in yesterday's UK game, I'll gladly say I was wrong.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hangman made a reference to UL fans complaining about officials in their games. Two officials are actually being kept from doing the BE Tournament because of the fiasco at the end of the UL/WVU game. If the same happens to the officials in yesterday's UK game, I'll gladly say I was wrong.

 

Wasn't aware of that. Good deal. :thumb:

So the officials who worked the Seton Hall/Louisville game, and the West Virginia/Louisville game will have to be kept from working any Big East tournament games for you to feel that Louisville was hosed in those games? Just wanting to make sure I've got it all clear.

 

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/4834/can-big-east-benching-of-officials-help-cards

Glad I was skiing yesterday and didn't get to watch this one.

 

Oh well, I see the sun still came up today. Losses happen. I'll take 27-2 and be very happy.

 

So what about Seton Hall? I definitely recall some complaints after that game about the officials. I believe that was a Tony Greene squad too, as was yesterday's game.

 

Had Louisville shot better than 7-27 from 3 in that game, they likely win it.

 

I'm really not trying to be smart or whatever, but it just seems like anything is automatically wrong and biased in your all's eyes just because a UK fan is saying it.

So what about Seton Hall? I definitely recall some complaints after that game about the officials. I believe that was a Tony Greene squad too, as was yesterday's game.

 

Had Louisville shot better than 7-27 from 3 in that game, they likely win it.

 

I'm really not trying to be smart or whatever, but it just seems like anything is automatically wrong and biased in your all's eyes just because a UK fan is saying it.

 

I honestly didn't get to see much of the Seton Hall game, as I was working. But from the moments I did see, UL just played bad. Seemed to me they had that mentality that all they had to do was show up, which obviously wasn't the case.

I honestly didn't get to see much of the Seton Hall game, as I was working. But from the moments I did see, UL just played bad. Seemed to me they had that mentality that all they had to do was show up, which obviously wasn't the case.

 

:thumb:

 

You didn't post in the final thread for that game, so I can buy that. I'm just trying to get an idea of overall mindset.

Anybody who thinks the officials weren't awful for at least the first half is blind. There was one point where nearly every player on the court paused for a second because they were all so sure a foul had been committed, but the officials didn't call it.

 

The second half was better, but not great.

 

Even with that though, UK had a shot to win and couldn't do it. Miller's losing the ball at the end and the whole team's poor shooting lost the game.

 

You can tell Dodson in particular is frustrated. Did anyone else notice him breaking out the headband for the game, but tossing it when he still couldn't shoot?

Officiating is too inconsistent on all levels. It has taken the fun out of the game. I can't see why there are no more injuries than they are. It's more like a wrestling match than basketball.

I know Dodson hasn't shot the ball well lately, but I hope he continues to fire them up. We need a shooter and Dodson is one of the best we have. He was way off in Knoxville, but we've got to have a confident shooter.

 

I was very pleased with Miller's play. He has really turned it on lately and has played very well. Him dropping the ball at the end on TN's baseline killed us, but it doesn't change the fact that he played very well. It was good to see, and he's probably solidified his spot in the starting rotation.

 

TN's zone did a great job of preventing Cousins from catching the ball on the low block. Boogie was floating around a little too much for my liking. We didn't get the ball to Patterson either, which presents a problem.

 

Wall single handedly busted the zone in the 2nd half. He did a great job of quickly penetrating & getting into the lane. His athleticism & vision makes him a special player. Add that to an uncanny knack for finishing around the rim & it's easy to see what scouts love about him.

 

The loss was disappointing, but I was proud of the way they battled back & competed. I think there's a lot to be learned from this loss & I think it'll help in the longrun.

Is officiating becoming worse or has the game sped up so much that it is hard to keep up? There is also more scrutiny because of slow motion replays, TIVOing,etc I daresay officiating is no worse than it has ever been--probably better. But the fans are more demanding as college ball has increased in popularity.

Is officiating becoming worse or has the game sped up so much that it is hard to keep up? There is also more scrutiny because of slow motion replays, TIVOing,etc I daresay officiating is no worse than it has ever been--probably better. But the fans are more demanding as college ball has increased in popularity.

 

If every player was as fast as John Wall & Eric Bledsoe you'd see 4 man crews.

I know Dodson hasn't shot the ball well lately, but I hope he continues to fire them up. We need a shooter and Dodson is one of the best we have. He was way off in Knoxville, but we've got to have a confident shooter.

 

I was very pleased with Miller's play. He has really turned it on lately and has played very well. Him dropping the ball at the end on TN's baseline killed us, but it doesn't change the fact that he played very well. It was good to see, and he's probably solidified his spot in the starting rotation.

 

TN's zone did a great job of preventing Cousins from catching the ball on the low block. Boogie was floating around a little too much for my liking. We didn't get the ball to Patterson either, which presents a problem.

 

Wall single handedly busted the zone in the 2nd half. He did a great job of quickly penetrating & getting into the lane. His athleticism & vision makes him a special player. Add that to an uncanny knack for finishing around the rim & it's easy to see what scouts love about him.

 

The loss was disappointing, but I was proud of the way they battled back & competed. I think there's a lot to be learned from this loss & I think it'll help in the longrun.

 

Miller didn't just drop the ball he was smacked on the arm. That hurt but so did the two turnovers in a row by Wall at the end. It was a team effort and to say one play killed us is not right.

Miller didn't just drop the ball he was smacked on the arm. That hurt but so did the two turnovers in a row by Wall at the end. It was a team effort and to say one play killed us is not right.

 

Yeah, it looked like there was some contact but you can't be that weak with the ball. It did not cost us the game, but it hurt us badly. As did Wall's turnovers.

Its disappointing to lose. However hopefully they learn from it and become better because of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.