10 most despised college basketball players

4chs

The fact that you're making an assumption based on what you've seen on TV, which isn't a complete picture of a person; whereas GT actually knows the guy personally.

So is everyone on here when they despise a player for whatever reason. Someone said Garcia was whinny, well I could say no he's not.

Look, I think Hicks is a thug. Say what you want, freak out, I don't care thats what I think, your not changing it.

People say Cousins is a thug all the time on here and I know a lot of them don't know him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can think what they want. My opinion was obviously different than his therefore I beleive I am right. Not that hard to grasp.
:thumb:

From Wikipedia:

An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and may be the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting aguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

Yeah, right when he fouled that 3 point shooter in a crucial part of that Stanford Final 4 Game. :lol:

I'm no Saul Smith hater but to think UK wouldn't have won the NCAA that year without him is as big a reach as saying they wouldn't won if I hadn't been watching the game in my lucky chair. :thumb:

BTW, For the Record, here is Saul's support in the final 4 games of the tourney that year:

UCLA 0 points 11 minutes

Duke 0 points 5 minutes

Stanford 0 points 14 minutes

Utah 0 points 7 minutes

How did we ever win without him?

:laugh: It must have been all those "little things" he did that didn't show up on the stat line. Like sitting at the head of the three point line dribbling for 15 seconds and throwing the ball away.

The fact that you're making an assumption based on what you've seen on TV, which isn't a complete picture of a person; whereas GT actually knows the guy personally.

A lot of people that don't know players personally give them the thug rep., ala Demarcus Cousins. That's what us mortal folk do. Should a man be chastized for that?

A lot of people that don't know players personally give them the thug rep., ala Demarcus Cousins. That's what us mortal folk do. Should a man be chastized for that?

Depends on your definition of "chastized," really. Is pointing out that someone's opinion of someone might be incorrect because of incomplete information "chastizing?"

Depends on your definition of "chastized," really. Is pointing out that someone's opinion of someone might be incorrect because of incomplete information "chastizing?"

Do opinions have to be formed based on all information. I, and I would like to say that most people form opinions about basketball players based on what they see on T.V. If we all knew the guys personally our opinions may change, but not all of us have the luxury of knowing said players. And no, chastizing was a strong word.

Do opinions have to be formed based on all information. I, and I would like to say that most people form opinions about basketball players based on what they see on T.V. If we all knew the guys personally our opinions may change, but not all of us have the luxury of knowing said players. And no, chastizing was a strong word.

They don't have to be. That's where the old saying "opinions are like rear ends — everyone's got 'em, and they usually stink" comes from. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to hang on to an incorrect opinion tooth and nail when faced with overwhelming and contradictory evidence is just an example of bullheadedness.

I'd have to go with:

Doug Roth

Vincent Yarbrough

Matt Walsh

Joakim Noah

Christian Laettner

J.R. Reid

Robert Horry (although I liked him a lot better after he got in the pros)

Dwayne Morton

B.J. McKie

Tony Harris

Wayne Chism

Rasheed Wallace

Shane Battier

Jason Collier

Chris Porter

Dwayne Schintzius

Tyler Hansbrough

They don't have to be. That's where the old saying "opinions are like rear ends — everyone's got 'em, and they usually stink" comes from. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to hang on to an incorrect opinion tooth and nail when faced with overwhelming and contradictory evidence is just an example of bullheadedness.

Because GT likes a guy, is that overwhelming evidence. Could it be that Hicks is nice to GT and a "thug" to everyone else? Just asking.

Because GT likes a guy, is that overwhelming evidence. Could it be that Hicks is nice to GT and a "thug" to everyone else? Just asking.

Eric has always scared the crap out of me on appearance alone. As I got to know him he was the exact opposite of a "thug". If you hold him in that regard, fine. It's perfectly fine for you to have an opinion that is wrong...

Eric has always scared the crap out of me on appearance alone. As I got to know him he was the exact opposite of a "thug". If you hold him in that regard, fine. It's perfectly fine for you to have an opinion that is wrong...

:laugh: I don't, I always liked him as a player, I was just asking a question. Perhaps a lot of people don't know him as you do.