December 19, 200916 yr There should be an "Associate" degree and a Bachelor's. A Masters for those guys who stay 4 or 5 years. :lol: I have a few buddies who are trying their hardest to turn an Associates degree into a Bachelor's In all seriousness, and I doubt it ever happens, I really do like the idea of having a degree for the athletes who are obviously only attending school because of the NBA age limit:thumb:.
December 19, 200916 yr Knight said Cal put two schools on probation. UMASS was never put on any type of probation. Memphis was never put on probation, and has a very good chance to win their appeal. Knight's hatred for UK got the best of him, and forced him to distort the facts. Like most UK haters, their facts are distorted and/or embellished in many, many cases. Feel a little bit sorry for this "seen better days" coach. He tried to get a barb in, and made himself look like an idiot. So, just so I can understand your priority ladder here, a school's program being put on probation is a bigger offense than just having wins and especially important postseason wins stripped from the record, if you had your d'ruthers? Just in case this comes up again ... :sssh:
December 19, 200916 yr What?! UK doesn't dictate everything basketball!? :eek: Say it ain't so!:eek: Not everything Basketball just NCAA Basketball. :lol:
December 19, 200916 yr Not everything Basketball just NCAA Basketball. :lol: The thought of UK basketball being back, Eats some people alive....:sssh: :lol:
December 19, 200916 yr So, just so I can understand your priority ladder here, a school's program being put on probation is a bigger offense than just having wins and especially important postseason wins stripped from the record, if you had your d'ruthers? Just in case this comes up again ... :sssh: Priority ladder?? Not sure what you are talking about. I was just stating that Knight said on his soapbox that Cal had put two schools on probation. That is simply not true. Cal has never put any school on probation. The facts remain. If he would have said that here's a coach that coached at two schools who had wins stripped and postseason wins stripped, then he would have gotten it right. I hope it does come up again. The facts will not waver. Keep hatin', the Big Blue is back stronger than ever, and some people just can't handle it.
December 19, 200916 yr Classic Coach Knight :lol: Despite his antics, I have always liked Bobby Knight and this is an example of why. He speaks his mind and he doesn't care if what he has to say is PC or not. It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong, he sticks to his convictions and he don't care who it ticks off. Yeah, he loses control of his emotions and is not politically correct, ever, but I think he has solid principles and integrity. I would be willing to bet he actually feels that way or he wouldn't have said it and it has nothing to do with any anti-UK bias. JMO. I respect your opinion Watusi but it's not a matter of PC IMO. You say the above, so it means he can fabricate anything he likes in his mind to justify his thoughts and then spew them out as fact? Sorry, that's not about being PC, that's about having real psychotic issues that he handles through denial and personal demagoguery. (sp?) He prefers to rail at the Joe Hall's, John Calipari's of the world rather than look in his own actions and irresponsible leadership. (see his antics) He castigated and hated the media but now finds himself one and it's okay to just say what "he thinks" as provable fact. Where I come from that's called slander. :thumb::walk: Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him because sometimes he is just simply indefensible. There is a LOT not to like about Coach Knight and I understand and even agree with most of what has been said about him because it is the truth. He is an arrogant son of a gun with a lot of transgressions that he probably doesn't regret in the least. No argument from me. I still like him, though, because of what I stated above. I don't know if it is the non-conformist in me or just the entertainment value I get out of watching him. When he goes off on a topic (even my beloved Wildcats) you can bet he believes what he is saying. It may be wrong and nobody may agree with him, but you don't walk away wondering if it is just coach-speak. As my grandpa would have said, he "shoots straight" when he talks, and I like that.
December 19, 200916 yr Now that was a complete joke blown into a full out scandal by the media. That was one of the few times Knight was just trying to have fun and joke around. Even the players thought it was funny. I agree on that one. It was meant as a joke, the players thought it was funny, shouldn't even be considered an issue.
December 19, 200916 yr I thought Coach Calipari's reaction was very classy. I know that he has to be boiling on the inside, but the way he handled it publicly was about as good as he could possibly handle it. He even gave The General credit for helping him make the DDM offense even better when he and his staff went down to watch a practice at Texas Tech. I am surprised that Knight let Cal in if he thinks that poorly of him.
December 19, 200916 yr I thought Coach Calipari's reaction was very classy. I know that he has to be boiling on the inside, but the way he handled it publicly was about as good as he could possibly handle it. He even gave The General credit for helping him make the DDM offense even better when he and his staff went down to watch a practice at Texas Tech. I am surprised that Knight let Cal in if he thinks that poorly of him. It was a very classy way to handle the situation.
December 19, 200916 yr You do know that incident was the other way around, don't you? And it was Knight's hand cuffing Hall's head, not a program. I wasn't sure but I also thought Joe B had used his program on someone, might have been Dale Brown. :idunno:
December 19, 200916 yr Not to the extent of Bobby Knight. Do you know of any who have pulled the same stunts he has? Choking, chair throwing, the rape reference thing, etc... Sorry but I don't see it that way. Yes, I am aware of Knight's antics. I haven't lived underneath a rock. I don't agree with the things he did. What I do like is that he doesn't mince words. He was also able to take young men and teach them how to win on and off the court. I know that some of you don't agree with me but I believe in academics first. As the NCAAA commercials stated a couple years ago...."There are 380,000 NCAA student-athletes, and just about all of them will be going pro in something other than sports". I don't understand athletes that won't get some form of education that would make them more rounded off whatever playing field.
December 19, 200916 yr I wasn't sure but I also thought Joe B had used his program on someone, might have been Dale Brown. :idunno: To my recollection, Joe never hit another coach with his program. Dale Brown did have a hissy fit in '76 at Memorial Coliseum. He didn't like the way the calls were going and walked to the ref and offered him his jacket too. After told he had to go back to the bench Dale threw his jacket to midcourt on top of the outline of the map of Kentucky. Yeah, Dale was real classy when he was loosing. Hall was never innocent mind you but I never recall him having a physical square off with any coach except Knight in December of '74.
December 19, 200916 yr I know that some of you don't agree with me but I believe in academics first. As the NCAAA commercials stated a couple years ago...."There are 380,000 NCAA student-athletes, and just about all of them will be going pro in something other than sports". I don't understand athletes that won't get some form of education that would make them more rounded off whatever playing field. That's a nice little speech, but that is pointing out flaws in the system, not flaws with Cal.
December 19, 200916 yr That's a nice little speech, but that is pointing out flaws in the system, not flaws with Cal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.