December 19, 200916 yr For those with the time, here's an article that's about 3 years old but is a long litany of some of Knight's behavioral issues through the years. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/87454/a_history_of_coach_bobby_knights_extreme.html?cat=14
December 19, 200916 yr Did you disagree with my post? Yep! Coach Cal is apart of the system. I think it is funny that you all get mad because Knight made a slam on your coach. He stated a fact. You can spin how Coach Cal was associated with the two schools troubles however you want. I guess it's one of those agree to disagree things.
December 19, 200916 yr Yep! Coach Cal is apart of the system. I think it is funny that you all get mad because Knight made a slam on your coach. He stated a fact. You can spin how Coach Cal was associated with the two schools troubles however you want. I guess it's one of those agree to disagree things. Actually, he didn't. Memphis and UMASS are on probation?
December 19, 200916 yr Actually, he didn't. Memphis and UMASS are on probation? Yeah I know. :rolleyes: He just was the head coach of each school. :lol::lol::lol: Like I said spin it how you want to make yourself feel better. For the record I wish him well at UK however I won't be shocked down the road if UK was to run into UMass and or Memphis type issues. Then we will see the opinion of UK fans on Coach Cal. :lol::lol:
December 19, 200916 yr I'm just confused why he didn't mention IU hiring a known cheater and allowing him to cheat again at IU. Cal hasn't even been accused (by the NCAA) of wrong doing.
December 19, 200916 yr Yeah I know. :rolleyes: He just was the head coach of each school. :lol::lol::lol: Like I said spin it how you want to make yourself feel better. For the record I wish him well at UK however I won't be shocked down the road if UK was to run into UMass and or Memphis type issues. Then we will see the opinion of UK fans on Coach Cal. :lol::lol: Who is the one spinning facts? Oh yea, that would be Bob Knight. "He put two programs on probation." That is simply not true.
December 19, 200916 yr I'm just confused why he didn't mention IU hiring a known cheater and allowing him to cheat again at IU. :sssh: It wasn't a coincidence that he made these claims at an IU event right after we ran them out of their own gym.
December 19, 200916 yr Priority ladder?? Not sure what you are talking about. I was just stating that Knight said on his soapbox that Cal had put two schools on probation. That is simply not true. Cal has never put any school on probation. The facts remain. If he would have said that here's a coach that coached at two schools who had wins stripped and postseason wins stripped, then he would have gotten it right. I hope it does come up again. The facts will not waver. Keep hatin', the Big Blue is back stronger than ever, and some people just can't handle it. You're the one making the distinction between probation and having wins stripped away. Knight was looking at them as one and the same thing. I would ask the same question: What's the difference? In both cases, penalties were brought down for running afoul of the law (in this case, the NCAA). Why get worked up over semantics?
December 19, 200916 yr Yep! Coach Cal is apart of the system. I think it is funny that you all get mad because Knight made a slam on your coach. He stated a fact. You can spin how Coach Cal was associated with the two schools troubles however you want. I guess it's one of those agree to disagree things. No he didn't. He stated a lie. Calipari has not put two schools on probation.
December 19, 200916 yr No he didn't. He stated a lie. Calipari has not put two schools on probation. But isn't having the FF spots stripped the next best (worst) thing?
December 20, 200916 yr From Seth Davis... "First of all, Bob Knight did not get his facts quite correct. UMass nor Memphis went on probation nor was John Calipari implicated in either of those cases. So I think he's being a little unfair to Calipari. "His broader point which he expanded on today is that he feels like whenever a school gets in trouble, it's the coach that should be punished, as opposed to the school he leaves behind. He cited Kelvin Sampson as an example of someone who never should have gotten hired at Indiana. "But let me just say this to Coach Knight, my fellow member of the media, by the way Bob, welcome to the media, is that while Knight never ran afoul of the NCAA to his credit, he is not a great messenger to be talking about the behavior of coaches. So now that he is commenting on these things, I'd like to see him own up to some of the things he did over the course of his career. Be as tough on Bob Knight as you were this week on John Calipari."
December 20, 200916 yr From Seth Davis... "First of all, Bob Knight did not get his facts quite correct. UMass nor Memphis went on probation nor was John Calipari implicated in either of those cases. So I think he's being a little unfair to Calipari. "His broader point which he expanded on today is that he feels like whenever a school gets in trouble, it's the coach that should be punished, as opposed to the school he leaves behind. He cited Kelvin Sampson as an example of someone who never should have gotten hired at Indiana. "But let me just say this to Coach Knight, my fellow member of the media, by the way Bob, welcome to the media, is that while Knight never ran afoul of the NCAA to his credit, he is not a great messenger to be talking about the behavior of coaches. So now that he is commenting on these things, I'd like to see him own up to some of the things he did over the course of his career. Be as tough on Bob Knight as you were this week on John Calipari." I generally think Seth Davis is a hack, but I agree here 100%. I've dealt with a few coaches that hated the media on my way up that are now banking big checks as "one of us" on the other side. Throwing stones at glass houses and what not...
December 20, 200916 yr I generally think Seth Davis is a hack, but I agree here 100%. I've dealt with a few coaches that hated the media on my way up that are now banking big checks as "one of us" on the other side. Throwing stones at glass houses and what not... Good Post.:thumb:
December 20, 200916 yr Bobby Knight is a doddering old fool. He will not last too long in front of a mic before his "opinions" end his career. Like watching a car race, just waiting for the "big one".:lol:
December 20, 200916 yr Bobby Knight has tarnished his name forever and like MC states above, he is one slip up on the air from ruining his broadcasting career. It will happen and I cant wait.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.