December 12, 200916 yr How far as Kentucky gone undefeated before posting a loss? Do you mean all time? 25-0 in 1954. Recently I think the '78 team was 16-0 or 14-0 before they dropped their first one. The '70 team won about 20 in a row before their only regular season loss and about the same for Rupp's Runts in '66 I think.
December 12, 200916 yr How far as Kentucky gone undefeated before posting a loss? They went undefeated in 1954. 25-0. Besides that, I'm not sure.
December 12, 200916 yr Good game today by the Cats. First time they seen a good team really play zone on them, and they handled it well. If they can knock down the shots from the outside against the zone like they did today, and just move the ball around like that. Then teams are going to have a hard time finding ways to stop UK. I think it makes Bledsoe a better player when teams play zone. It seems like Bledsoe has a hard time finding his role when he is not at point and teams are playing man.
December 12, 200916 yr At what point have they locked up a #1 seed? This is a special team but will lost 3-4 games.
December 12, 200916 yr I'm starting to wonder though if Kentucky will ever run the DDMO this year. They still aren't running it right now. They mostly ran 3-man weaves at the top of the key and also had high and pick-and-roll screens as well. They ran set-plays as well but nothing resembling the DDMO.
December 13, 200916 yr Wow...a lot of you looking too far down the road. Enjoy the ride. Nice all around game today. They took IU's best shot and just kept chipping away. How about Maurice Creek? Nice player. IU shot it pretty well, but they got absolutely raped on the boards and that was the ballgame. Not sure why Crean tried to just let Rivers create one on one for offense? They got real stale in that run in the second half. Once IU gets some post players they will zip back to the top of the Big Ten. Wall had a nice floor game, 8 assists and only 1 turnover. Nice left handed dunk where, I thought he jumped too far from basket and was going to lay it in...then boom. Patterson steadied the rocky ship early and has developed a pretty solid midrange game. Bledsoe was big... Dodson scares the crap out of me with the ball. Good win...but a lot of learning left to do...nice little stretch of wins over UNC, UConn and IU.
December 13, 200916 yr ^ I see them starting out 14-0 with with 17 games left. How many do you think they lose on the year?
December 13, 200916 yr I'm starting to wonder though if Kentucky will ever run the DDMO this year. They still aren't running it right now. They mostly ran 3-man weaves at the top of the key and also had high and pick-and-roll screens as well. They ran set-plays as well but nothing resembling the DDMO. I don't think it's very effective in the zone which is why we didn't see much today but I've seen it a lot in the past. Maybe half the game against the teams that were playing man.
December 13, 200916 yr They went undefeated in 1954. 25-0. Besides that, I'm not sure. Sad though, in that they elected not to go to the NCAA tournament because the NCAA wouldn't permit some of their players to compete due to being graduate students. That rule has long since been repealed, but it knocked UK out of another national championship. They had already defeated the team who later won it, LaSalle, by 13 points that year. There I go reminiscencing again...
December 13, 200916 yr Every game Wall does something insanely athletic. It's awesome to have someone at UK that is going to get the kind of love that D-Rose, Durant, and other phenom freshman have gotten in the past.
December 13, 200916 yr I was at the game today and all the Indiana fans wanted to see was John Wall. They were going crazy over him as much as we were. Great game Cats!!!!:ylsuper:
December 13, 200916 yr Good performance by the Cats. They got down by 8 or 9 early, and unlike years past, I wasn't a bit concerned. This team is just loaded with awesome talent, and it's been a fun and exciting year so far, and I expect it will continue no matter how deep this team goes in the tourney. Indiana has more talent that I thought. I agree with LABS in that Crean will have the Hoosiers back where they belong very soon. I expect we'll see more of Liggins in the next two or three games, and I look forward to seeing what he can do to help the Cats this year.
December 13, 200916 yr Sad though, in that they elected not to go to the NCAA tournament because the NCAA wouldn't permit some of their players to compete due to being graduate students. That rule has long since been repealed, but it knocked UK out of another national championship. They had already defeated the team who later won it, LaSalle, by 13 points that year. There I go reminiscencing again... Well, to be honest the 3 that would be missing weren't just some. It was Hagan, Ramsey and Tsoropoulus (sp?). The top three players. There was no doubt they were the best team in the country after pounding LaSalle, beating Pettit and LSU, and winning by a then record of 27 points per game. (UCLA of '72 shattered the mark with a 33 pts per game clip) :thumb:
December 13, 200916 yr Wow...a lot of you looking too far down the road. Enjoy the ride. Nice all around game today. They took IU's best shot and just kept chipping away. How about Maurice Creek? Nice player. IU shot it pretty well, but they got absolutely raped on the boards and that was the ballgame. Not sure why Crean tried to just let Rivers create one on one for offense? They got real stale in that run in the second half. Once IU gets some post players they will zip back to the top of the Big Ten. Wall had a nice floor game, 8 assists and only 1 turnover. Nice left handed dunk where, I thought he jumped too far from basket and was going to lay it in...then boom. Patterson steadied the rocky ship early and has developed a pretty solid midrange game. Bledsoe was big... Dodson scares the crap out of me with the ball. Good win...but a lot of learning left to do...nice little stretch of wins over UNC, UConn and IU. Is it just me, or wishful thinking, but does Patterson remind anyone else of a Karl Malone type after these first 10 games? :idunno:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.