Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 90 Indiana 73

Featured Replies

Is it just me, or wishful thinking, but does Patterson remind anyone else of a Karl Malone type after these first 10 games? :idunno:

 

Excellent comparison imho.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word describes PPat's game, efficient. He's improved a bunch and the addition of a mid range game is huge. Five double doubles and has yet to have a monster game and I can't wait to watch when he does. Interesting statistic posted during the telecast, UK is the tallest team in Division one at 6'7" inch average. Cal talked about the 1-3-1 defense they played briefly and said he loves Bledsoe on the baseline. A 6'1 PG on the baseline with a 40 inch vertical, I look for them to use this a bit more once they get a little more seasoned during their practice sessions. Still waiting for Miller to play with a bit more confidence on offense, he can get to the hole with the floater but he needs to KNOW he's going to make that shot. Overall they still have miles to go but I can't complain about a 10-0 start with likely four more wins before UofL comes to Rupp.

Is it just me, or wishful thinking, but does Patterson remind anyone else of a Karl Malone type after these first 10 games? :idunno:

 

No lie, my boss said the exact same thing today at work. Very good comparison IMO.

IMO, the three stats that showed how good this team is:

 

IU-63% FG first half

IU-63% 3 Point FG first half

IU-100% FT first half

 

UK leads by one at half. That is truly incredible. Keep improving, and book your reservations to Indy.

I don't think it's very effective in the zone which is why we didn't see much today but I've seen it a lot in the past. Maybe half the game against the teams that were playing man.

 

Cal's Memphis teams ran the DDMO regardless if it was in a zone or a man and it was still effective. It just makes me think that the players still aren't grasping the concepts of it is all.

IMO, the three stats that showed how good this team is:

 

IU-63% FG first half

IU-63% 3 Point FG first half

IU-100% FT first half

 

UK leads by one at half. That is truly incredible. Keep improving, and book your reservations to Indy.

 

 

But UK had almost tripled IU's rebound total. I agree it is amazing to overcome that kind of shooting.

Cal's Memphis teams ran the DDMO regardless if it was in a zone or a man and it was still effective. It just makes me think that the players still aren't grasping the concepts of it is all.

 

I think it is because we have so many talented big men, not because our guys dont get it. Cal has proven in the past that he doesn't mind changing how he runs his team. I think we are seeing that this year. Cal is gonna ride Pat and Cousins and Wall.

What is up with Liggins? Anyone know?

Cal's Memphis teams ran the DDMO regardless if it was in a zone or a man and it was still effective. It just makes me think that the players still aren't grasping the concepts of it is all.

 

Cal pretty much abandoned the DDM last year because his team didn't fit the system...

I know nothing about the ddm, I haven't studied it, just read a few articles. However what I have read is that it is an offense where with penetration all the other players now where to go, basically read the defense and react accordingly.

I did see UK yesterday running to "spots" when players started penetrating, or when the ball was thrown inside (which to me is penetrating the defense) and better yet the players with the ball anticipated the move and got passed the ball for open looks. It may not be the ddm, but the ball movement and passing in the 1/2 court was much better vs IU.

Did anyone else realize that UK is the tallest team on average in the NCAA?

 

But, I love everything this team brings to the table. Wall is the flashy show, Cousins the emotion, Patterson the rock, Bledsoe the energy, and a couple of role players to go right along with them.

 

This was probably the best week UK Basketball has had in a very long time.

Apparently the doghouse door has been unlocked,though.:D

 

I heard it was grade related first semester suspension.

Wow...a lot of you looking too far down the road. Enjoy the ride.

Nice all around game today.

They took IU's best shot and just kept chipping away.

How about Maurice Creek? Nice player. IU shot it pretty well, but they got absolutely raped on the boards and that was the ballgame.

Not sure why Crean tried to just let Rivers create one on one for offense? They got real stale in that run in the second half.

Once IU gets some post players they will zip back to the top of the Big Ten.

Wall had a nice floor game, 8 assists and only 1 turnover. Nice left handed dunk where, I thought he jumped too far from basket and was going to lay it in...then boom.

Patterson steadied the rocky ship early and has developed a pretty solid midrange game.

Bledsoe was big...

Dodson scares the crap out of me with the ball.

Good win...but a lot of learning left to do...nice little stretch of wins over UNC, UConn and IU.

 

I didn't notice a huge change in IU from first to second half other than the fact that they weren't hitting every thing they threw up. :lol:

 

I felt pretty good at the half when UK lead by a point after IU probably played as good as they're capable in the first half.

 

I hope Darius Miller can find his game. He's really struggled in the last three, IMO. But, I was really pleased with Dodson's performance yesterday. I thought it was his best game to date.

I heard it was grade related first semester suspension.

 

Shouldn't he have waited until after finals week to be able to play if it was a semester suspension?

Cal pretty much abandoned the DDM last year because his team didn't fit the system...

 

According to Cal on the radio, they are only running the DDM about 30% of the time or less. The reason (per Cal) was the number of big men he has and the desire to try and get them the ball more on the inside. At 10-0, it seems to be working so far.

 

If this team keeps progressing, they will have a shot at a final 4 by the end of the season. Bledsoe really stepped up and gave them an outside threat. This is a fun team to watch. After the last few seasons, this is a welcome change of pace.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.