UK the rest of the way...

Original Rookie

How do you think Kentucky will fare their last 6 games?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Kentucky will fare their last 6 games?

October 17, 2009 :lol:

Posted this in the Auburn thread but everyones done with it. I asked Tony Nealy when the last time UK went penalty and turnover free in a game. Penalty free 1991 and he couldn't remember when UK had done both.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you going to stick with using a 4OT game to show its "foolish" to think UK will win?

I will retract the foolish statement. That was more in response to corndog calling me foolish for a being a realist. And I am using 24 years of losing to think UK probably won't win.

Being a realist swings both ways. For certain, there's a mental hurdle for UK when it comes to beating the Vols. But, being realistic, there's not a big difference in the two teams this season. UT almost certainly has more talent, but the gap in the actual product on the field is small. The QB play for Tennessee doesn't allow them to utilize whatever they may have offensively. Based on their play this season, UK is capable of beating Tennessee. And, the fact under Brooks, UK has started doing things and winning games that they never did before...they beat the #1 team and eventual national champion in OT, they snapped a long losing streak in SEC road games, completely flipped the Louisville series on its head, beat Auburn for the first time since 1966...there's reason for cautious optimism. None of UK's remaining games (other than EKU) are sure things, but they've got a realistic chance in all of them. Tennessee included.

Being a realist swings both ways. For certain, there's a mental hurdle for UK when it comes to beating the Vols. But, being realistic, there's not a big difference in the two teams this season. UT almost certainly has more talent, but the gap in the actual product on the field is small. The QB play for Tennessee doesn't allow them to utilize whatever they may have offensively. Based on their play this season, UK is capable of beating Tennessee. And, the fact under Brooks, UK has started doing things and winning games that they never did before...they beat the #1 team and eventual national champion in OT, they snapped a long losing streak in SEC road games, completely flipped the Louisville series on its head, beat Auburn for the first time since 1966...there's reason for cautious optimism. None of UK's remaining games (other than EKU) are sure things, but they've got a realistic chance in all of them. Tennessee included.

Believe it or not I agree with pretty much everything you said. I just refuse to get my hopes up and believe they will be UT until the final seconds tick off and the score board shows them with more points. As to the Louisville series IMO that has more to do with Petrino leaving then anything. Other then that I love what Brooks has done here. Yes, as I said, on paper they can go 6-0 against the remaining schedule. I just know how that has worked out in the past. As you said, they beat the #1 team a couple of years ago only to go on an lose to a not so good MSU team, and look awlful doing it. Those are the types of things that keep me ground.

Believe it or not I agree with pretty much everything you said. I just refuse to get my hopes up and believe they will be UT until the final seconds tick off and the score board shows them with more points. As to the Louisville series IMO that has more to do with Petrino leaving then anything. Other then that I love what Brooks has done here. Yes, as I said, on paper they can go 6-0 against the remaining schedule. I just know how that has worked out in the past. As you said, they beat the #1 team a couple of years ago only to go on an lose to a not so good MSU team, and look awlful doing it. Those are the types of things that keep me ground.

I'm with you. I'll believe it when I see it with Tennessee, but I really think this may be our best chance since I've been watching and that is based more on Tennessee and how terrible Crompton is than anything. I'm with you in that I don't believe this UK team is the best Brooks has had, but they compete and find a way to make the plays they need to make (thank you Randall Cobb).

I wasn't disagreeing with either point, because I think both are valid. UK has a great chance to snap the losing streak. But, it's also Tennessee and if there is a way to blow the game, UK will figure it out. But, we've started to reverse that trend under Brooks...but, it's still Tennessee. That's kinda how I view this game...back and forth. I get my hopes up, then I remind myself that I better not. :lol:

Anyway, it doesn't matter right now. UK has a little business to take care of before worrying about the Vols.

One other trend under Brooks...UK wins the games they're supposed to win. They rarely ever lose the games you pencil in as W's under Brooks. That's another big step forward, IMO.

UK needs to finish at 8-4 and go to a bowl game outside the state of Tennessee. If the cats are going to continue to be successful then they need to start winning 8-9 games and get away from this 6-6 and 7-5 mid level bowl games.

UK needs to finish at 8-4 and go to a bowl game outside the state of Tennessee. If the cats are going to continue to be successful then they need to start winning 8-9 games and get away from this 6-6 and 7-5 mid level bowl games.

That's what I like to hear. Nonsense thinking that anything else needs to be done. Not-saying UK will do it, but that's what they should be working for, IMO.