Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 21 Auburn 14

Featured Replies

I had the game DVR'd and just completed it. Huge win for the program and for the season. They should be 5-3 with 4 straight shots at bowl eligibility. They could conceivably go 6-0, but I would be satisfied with 4-2. Tonight, IMO, was a season-saving victory and one that can turn things around in a big way. Huge road win in the SEC against a 5-1 team :thumb:

  • Replies 142
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you not listen to Coach Cal last night?? He takes talent over experience EVERY DAY! :cool:

 

In Newton's case you're saying percieved talent or percieved upside. I personally didn't see where in this game he showed more talent.

 

Also, basketball and football are two different games. Especially when you are talking about the QB.

In Newton's case you're saying percieved talent or percieved upside. I personally didn't see where in this game he showed more talent.

 

Also, basketball and football are two different games. Especially when you are talking about the QB.

So you think Fidler is more talented and has more upside then Newton? Please tell me what you saw out of Will (who I thought played great btw) that makes you think he is so much better then Morgan? Was it his arm? No Newton has a cannon. Was it his running ablity? No, morgan moves great and also ran for a touchdown. I just don't know how you can be so sure off of this game.

Told ya HT... ;).

 

Cats are going bowling again, IMO.

 

:clap::clap::dancingpa

IMO Newton should have never stepped on the field.

 

I agree that now that he has played, he needs to get snaps and be given the opportunity to grow and develop, but I think Fidler should have been given the opportunity to be the man. IMO the offense looked much more fluid with Fidler at QB, and he showed that he is the better QB right now. Actually He looked much more athletic than I thought he is. There were a couple of times he ran it very well.

 

Here is my opinion and it really doesn't matter what I think. I think Newton (not starting) should have been playing all along. We brought in two highly ranked QB's in Newton and Mossakowski. If you redshirt both of them, then one of them has no future with us and will leave. If you play one and redshirt one then at least he will stick around for another year. Now in future thinking, if Newton gets hurt or does not pan out where would that leave us? We will have another highly ranked QB waiting. Maybe I am a little crazy but I think one of them should have been playing all along. :popcorn:

It has been 43 years between wins vs Auburn,now thats a long time.I was only 16,I'm telling my age here,but thats alright,I know I'm getting old.

Just a great and needed win for the Cats. I'm going to savor this one for a while.:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Newton gets the start. Played okay but in the second half offense was just not moving. In comes Fidler and able to complete some passes.

 

Brooks may have wasted Newton. I hope he plays this kid in every game here on out to gain experience. If Newton doesn't get at least 20 snaps a game the rest of the season Rich Brooks should be fired for wasting this kids red-shirt season.

If he puts him in just to gain experience, then he should be fired. Brooks wants to win and obviously he thought Newton was the best option based on what he saw in practice.

In the interest of consistency, it's Hartline's fault they won tonight....

:laugh:

If he puts him in just to gain experience, then he should be fired. Brooks wants to win and obviously he thought Newton was the best option based on what he saw in practice.

 

With all due respect he had no choice but to start him at the time. Fidler wasn't able to practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday due to an injury that has plagued him since the South Carolina game (in actuality he was injured while he was playing there too) so Brooks hand was forced and he had to play the freshman.

I don't get how everyone is so convinced that Fidler played so much better than Newton,

Newton 5-13 for 39 yards

Fidler 4-9 for 36 yards

 

Newton 15 yards rushing and a TD

Fidler 10 yards rushing and a TD

 

Fidler's longest completion was 12 yards, Newton’s was 23. The team did look better under Fidler I will say that but I also think Fidler is a dink and dunk QB who would rather throw a 4 yard pass to the open man than try to stretch the field, Newton looked to throw the deep ball several times and almost connected on a few and I think as his timing gets better he will start connecting on those. I can't wait to hear everyone that is singing Fidler's praises criticize him when were down 14 and he's still throwing 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8...

Nice win by Wildcats. I fell asleep and it didn't look like they were going to be able to pull this one out.

I don't get how everyone is so convinced that Fidler played so much better than Newton,

Newton 5-13 for 39 yards

Fidler 4-9 for 36 yards

 

Newton 15 yards rushing and a TD

Fidler 10 yards rushing and a TD

 

Fidler's longest completion was 12 yards, Newton’s was 23. The team did look better under Fidler I will say that but I also think Fidler is a dink and dunk QB who would rather throw a 4 yard pass to the open man than try to stretch the field, Newton looked to throw the deep ball several times and almost connected on a few and I think as his timing gets better he will start connecting on those. I can't wait to hear everyone that is singing Fidler's praises criticize him when were down 14 and he's still throwing 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8...

This whole statement, explains why Brooks made the change, and I questioned the change too, by the way. UK's offense goes as Randal Cobb goes and everybody on here agrees that getting the ball in his hand is paramount for success. Newton couldn't get the ball to Cobb. Cobb had 6 carries for, something like, 24 yards and no receptions before the QB change. As you said, Fidler dinks and dunks, and that's Cobb's area of the field, basically. Fidler comes in and all of the sudden Cobb is getting the ball more.

I'm curious to see time of possession with each quarterback on the field. It seemed like Fidler kept the offense on the field more in the second half, giving the defense time to recover for the fourth quarter push which was a glaring weakness against South Carolina in the final few minutes.

An impressive win for the CATS. How many calls were changed by replay with officials just a few feet from the plays? I'll be so glad when Lones graduates. As most have said Joker called a great game, and it looks like the gimmicks wearing off of Auburns' offense. Those saying Newton shouldn't have played, or that Fidler has more upside need to check their football IQ's at the door.

No matter what side of the fence your on as far as the QB controversy goes, this is a good win for the Cats. Enjoy and relish it. GO CATS!:dancingpa:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.