October 19, 200916 yr Congrats on the win UK fans... Auburn is not Auburn anymore but a road SEC win is always tough. They may not be the legendary Auburn, but they were 5-1. This was a huge win for UK, IMO.
October 19, 200916 yr They may not be the legendary Auburn, but they were 5-1. This was a huge win for UK, IMO. No question. This breaks them for .500 on the season. They definitely needed this one for the possibility of a post season game.
October 19, 200916 yr Newton has great potential but he did not play well last night. He missed 3 open receivers on deep routes and a couple of other short passes that could have extended drives. I find it funny that most everyone thinks UK is better off without Hartline because they won this game. Let me ask you this: is this UK's best defensive performance of the season? If so are they better off without Lindley? Not picking on you, but that's one of the more stupid questions I've seen asked on here.
October 19, 200916 yr [/b] Not picking on you, but that's one of the more stupid questions I've seen asked on here. He was trying to make a point.
October 19, 200916 yr The game ball could go to several people. Maybe give it to the unsung heros like Paul Warford or the O-line (great job by sophomore Stuart Hines and all the seniors)!
October 19, 200916 yr The game ball could go to several people. Maybe give it to the unsung heros like Paul Warford or the O-line (great job by sophomore Stuart Hines and all the seniors)! Paul Warford had the game of his life in this one. I noticed :thumb:
October 19, 200916 yr Side note: Anyone else sick of the play of Winston Guy? I know I sure am. I don't know if you could tell on tv, but it appears that Coach Brooks may be as well. They went at it, and Brooks benched Guy for most of the second half. Guy has plenty of talent but I haven't seen him use his arms all season. He runs to the receiver/runner and lowers his right shoulder every time. I guess he's going for a knock-out hit, but too often receivers do just like the Auburn kid did and brush it off and keep running. He has to learn to wrap up or he wouldn't play.
October 19, 200916 yr ^He does need to wrap up better, buy man he delivers some hits out there. I think we are better with him on the field.
October 19, 200916 yr Well............You should know! :idunno: This is the only thing I dont KNOW:notworthy:
October 19, 200916 yr Guy has plenty of talent but I haven't seen him use his arms all season. He runs to the receiver/runner and lowers his right shoulder every time. I guess he's going for a knock-out hit, but too often receivers do just like the Auburn kid did and brush it off and keep running. He has to learn to wrap up or he wouldn't play. So true, and he celebrates too much for me especially when he does nothing on a play.
October 19, 200916 yr Newton looked good considering he is a true freshman and the Cats were on the road in the SEC for his first start. I thought he stayed pretty composed and has so much upside. Fidler did what the Cats needed him to do at that time. The O line played sensational. 2 backs over 100 yards? Wow! The O line and the defense won this game. Yes, it was a total team effort, but it starts in the trenches and Brooks was right to say this may have been the best game an O line has played since he has been at UK. They were dominant on Saturday. Locke ran very well. Career high in yardage. BIG game. Cobb, ... well Cobb is just a flat out hard nosed, anything to win, give it all you got winner. I absolutely love this kid. This was a HUGE win for the team and the program. It seems that every year the past 3-4 years, UK is breaking streaks that have lasted 20-30-40 years. Now if they can just break that UT streak, ...... I will be in football Heaven!!!
October 19, 200916 yr Auburn laid an egg!!!!!! UK got a lot of breaks from the officials (it's about time). Big time win. Go Big Blue! I'm not so sure Auburn laid an egg. I just don't think they're that great. After Florida and Alabama, I don't think UK is overmatched by any team they'll face. They should have beat South Carolina and they got Auburn. The toughest two games left should be Tennessee and Georgia. Kentucky has a chance to win those games. It seems like the SEC, and college football as a whole, is a little bit down this year. JMO
October 19, 200916 yr ^He does need to wrap up better, buy man he delivers some hits out there. I think we are better with him on the field. Not me. Brooks agreed with me the 2nd half of the game. I don't even think he delivers many hard hits. All he does is dive at players with his shoulder.
October 19, 200916 yr Newton has great potential but he did not play well last night. He missed 3 open receivers on deep routes and a couple of other short passes that could have extended drives. I find it funny that most everyone thinks UK is better off without Hartline because they won this game. Let me ask you this: is this UK's best defensive performance of the season? If so are they better off without Lindley? :ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.