Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 21 Auburn 14

Featured Replies

This is the only thing I dont KNOW:notworthy:

 

Yes, the game is at 7:00 on Fox Sports South.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was big, but it was at home and everyone wasn't giving him heat. Also I would say that team was better than this one. This is a game that we needed badly to not lose faith.

 

UK beat LSU who won the National Title that year. I am sorry but while this win was HUGE, it was not as big as that win against LSU. People will always remember that win against LSU, and still talk about it. This Auburn win probably won't be a win people are talking about 5 years from now, and saying remember that game when we beat Auburn.

UK beat LSU who won the National Title that year. I am sorry but while this win was HUGE, it was not as big as that win against LSU. People will always remember that win against LSU, and still talk about it. This Auburn win probably won't be a win people are talking about 5 years from now, and saying remember that game when we beat Auburn.

 

LSU was the biggest win of that season, Auburn is the biggest win of this season. I'll always remember both.

UK beat LSU who won the National Title that year. I am sorry but while this win was HUGE, it was not as big as that win against LSU. People will always remember that win against LSU, and still talk about it. This Auburn win probably won't be a win people are talking about 5 years from now, and saying remember that game when we beat Auburn.

 

I agree that the LSU win is the biggest in his tenure at UK. But this season, no doubt this is the big one. The LSU win will be one people talk about for years and gave UK some legitimacy and confidence going forward. But for this season, this win is HUGE and gives the players, coaches and fans the understanding that this is still not the old Cats. These Cats actually fight back!

Can we finally put to rest the notion that just because Newton ran for 2400 yards in high school that he's going to be a "dual threat" qb in the SEC? He's a lumbering runner with a howitzer attached to his shoulder. He will be a classic dropback qb and will not be confused with Tebow when it comes to running.

 

I said it when he committed and got blasted for it. He does not have the speed or quickness to be a running qb in the SEC.

 

Until Fidler proves that he's considerably better than Newton, if I'm the coach Newton plays the majority of the snaps when its not the wildcat.

Sorry "Clyde". We will continue to disagree on this one. I am evaluating Morgan Newton on what he has shown in his brief time at UK. Sure it could change as he is developed, but these are all tendencies as to how he will develop in the future.

 

Morgan Newton does have a strong arm. He can throw it far and throw it hard. In fact, I see him as much more of a thrower than a passer. He does not throw a tight spiral which is the easiest ball to catch. He is not an accurate passer, yet. As a UK fan, we all hope this might change in the future.

 

I totally disagree with your assessment that he does not have the speed or quickness to be a running quarterback in the SEC. He has excellent size, speed, and quickness and is much more comfortable running than passing the football. If the UK coaches continue to emphasize the pro-style, pocket passing offense they have used since Coach Brooks came here, they will ask Morgan Newton to run the football less than he wants to.

 

He reminds me very much of former UK quarterback Derrick Ramsey in his size, strength, and even throwing the football. Derrrick Ramsey would also have been very uncomfortable in a pro-pocket offense. He had a strong arm, but did not spin it well and lacked the ability to pin point the pass.Morgan Newton has more potential as a passer than Derrick did, but has not shown signs to this point to be a pocket passer.

Edited by strongopenyon

LSU was the biggest win of that season, Auburn is the biggest win of this season. I'll always remember both.

 

So 20 years from now, you will still think about that game and maybe even tell stories about it? I sorry but I really doubt that, however the LSU game is a game no one ever will forget and probably will always talk about even 20 years from now. I not saying that this win wasn't huge, because it is. I just don't agree that it was the biggest win during coach Brooks time here. However for this season it is huge, and has saved the season. However there is still a lot of work to do.

 

I agree that the LSU win is the biggest in his tenure at UK. But this season, no doubt this is the big one. The LSU win will be one people talk about for years and gave UK some legitimacy and confidence going forward. But for this season, this win is HUGE and gives the players, coaches and fans the understanding that this is still not the old Cats. These Cats actually fight back!

 

Definitely I never said this win wasn't huge, because it definitely is big for the Cats this season.

So 20 years from now, you will still think about that game and maybe even tell stories about it? I sorry but I really doubt that, however the LSU game is a game no one ever will forget and probably will always talk about even 20 years from now. I not saying that this win wasn't huge, because it is. I just don't agree that it was the biggest win during coach Brooks time here. However for this season it is huge, and has saved the season. However there is still a lot of work to do.

 

 

 

Definitely I never said this win wasn't huge, because it definitely is big for the Cats this season.

 

First road win at Auburn in like 50 years - yes, I'll remember this one for awhile.

I just asked Tony Nealy when the last time UK played a turnover penalty free game. He said penalty free was 1991 and he couldn't ever remember both in the same game. As I said very impressive win.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.