Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 21 Auburn 14

Featured Replies

This whole statement, explains why Brooks made the change, and I questioned the change too, by the way. UK's offense goes as Randal Cobb goes and everybody on here agrees that getting the ball in his hand is paramount for success. Newton couldn't get the ball to Cobb. As you said, Fidler dinks and dunks, and that's Cobb's area of the field, basically. Fidler comes in and all of the sudden Cobb is getting the ball more.

 

I only see where Cobb had 1 catch for 12 yards... Cobb did all his damage out of the wildcat IMO... I agree Newton needs to look for Cobb a lot more than he did, but it wouldn't hurt for Fidler to stretch the field a little either. Had Newton connected with Mathews on the long pass play everyone would be saying Newton for Heisman...

  • Replies 142
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not questioning any coaching from last night. Cobb, Newton, and Fidler all scored TDs.

 

If we get 3.5 years out of Newton, thats fine by me. Just keep getting him snaps. The upcoming games should be great for that. I think he really showed potential, and it was nice seeing a big tall QB back there. I think he can be great.

 

Great win for the cats. Other than the FG unit, it was basically mistake free football. Not what I would have guessed before the game.

 

Also, it was great to have Warford back. Hopefully Lindley won't be too far behind.

An impressive win for the CATS. How many calls were changed by replay with officials just a few feet from the plays? I'll be so glad when Lones graduates. As most have said Joker called a great game, and it looks like the gimmicks wearing off of Auburns' offense. Those saying Newton shouldn't have played, or that Fidler has more upside need to check their football IQ's at the door.

 

I totally agree pigman. :thumb:

I'm not questioning any coaching from last night. Cobb, Newton, and Fidler all scored TDs.

 

If we get 3.5 years out of Newton, thats fine by me. Just keep getting him snaps. The upcoming games should be great for that. I think he really showed potential, and it was nice seeing a big tall QB back there. I think he can be great.

 

Great win for the cats. Other than the FG unit, it was basically mistake free football. Not what I would have guessed before the game.

 

Also, it was great to have Warford back. Hopefully Lindley won't be too far behind.

 

I thought Warford played a GREAT game last night. Best i've seen him play.

... I personally didn't see where in this game he showed more talent.....
I did. Newton's got a cannon.
I did. Newton's got a cannon.

 

:thumb: Newton has great arm strength, he could probably throw further than Hartline and Fidler combined...

I am not a UK fan by any means but great job on the win!!

Newton has great potential but he did not play well last night. He missed 3 open receivers on deep routes and a couple of other short passes that could have extended drives. I find it funny that most everyone thinks UK is better off without Hartline because they won this game.

 

Let me ask you this: is this UK's best defensive performance of the season? If so are they better off without Lindley?

Newton has great potential but he did not play well last night. He missed 3 open receivers on deep routes and a couple of other short passes that could have extended drives. I find it funny that most everyone thinks UK is better off without Hartline because they won this game.

 

Let me ask you this: is this UK's best defensive performance of the season? If so are they better off without Lindley?

This statement deserves no response. Of course UK is better off without their All-American corner.....:rolleyes:

Awesome game...

 

Glad I recorded it!

I think Newton is the long-term answer at QB, but he has work to do (as would any freshman). His biggest problem now is that he doesn't have the ability to find his secondary receivers - 2nd, 3rd, 4th reads.

This statement deserves no response. Of course UK is better off without their All-American corner.....:rolleyes:

 

I agree but I'm using the same logic as the Hartline bashers.

Cobb might be the answer for Heisman next season :lol:

I think Newton is the long-term answer at QB, but he has work to do (as would any freshman). His biggest problem now is that he doesn't have the ability to find his secondary receivers - 2nd, 3rd, 4th reads.

 

I think Moss may actually be the long term answer. Newton has a great arm but remember Moss had the 2nd strongest arm in the country according to scouts. Of course he needs to fully recover from his injury.

Great win for the Cats. Newton was good for his first start, and I think he'll get better as time goes on. Fidler was good as well. The defense came up huge and this has to give them a boost of confidence and momentum. Great job by the Cats!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.