October 18, 200916 yr Talked about how good our special teams are? They gave up 7 points? Those announcers were horrible.
October 18, 200916 yr I'm sure Newton will be a fine QB for the Cats for years to come, but the offense with him in the game was ultra vanilla. Fact of the matter is Cobb has to touch the rock and for whatever reason he didn't really get the rock until Fidler entered the game. Nice win on the road, and BTW Seiber stinks. I don't have any confidence in Seiber, but the blocked field goal occurred because someone let #91 come free up the middle.
October 18, 200916 yr Kentucky needed this win, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Congrats cats!
October 18, 200916 yr I understand that, but still, it was a win over the #1 team in the nation. I'd take that one over this one. But this win is big. I wish Auburn hadn't gotten destroyed last week so that this win would have more impact. Very true, trust me I don't think that wasn't big, but either way great win and I believe if Newton gets more time with his WR, he'll start hitting those passes that we're just a step off.
October 18, 200916 yr I don't have any confidence in Seiber, but the blocked field goal occurred because someone let #91 come free up the middle. That was half of the problem IMO, the other half was how low he was kicking tonight, even the xp's were very low...
October 18, 200916 yr That was half of the problem IMO, the other half was how low he was kicking tonight, even the xp's were very low... You're right, he always kicks low. I will never forgive him for getting the game winning kick blocked against UT a couple of years ago.:madman:
October 18, 200916 yr I pulled for them, watched it at the end and called the win on the other thread..as did some others. Great win for the program. They will need Newton/Will/Cobb at QB.
October 18, 200916 yr :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa I've had season tickets since 1980 as a kid and this is my first memory beating Auburn! My best friends from college and I had circled this as our away game to go too but my wife scheduled our little boys 3rd birthday party today so I invited the family over tonight because we have ESPNU. Great time in Sticks household (other than my little girls guineue pig dying). Defense played lights out! Kicking game is pathetic! Big time win tonight! Let's dance!!!!:dancingpa
October 18, 200916 yr Talked about how good our special teams are? They gave up 7 points? Those announcers were horrible. They also downed 2 punts inside the 5 and kickoff coverage was excellent.
October 18, 200916 yr :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa I've had season tickets since 1980 as a kid and this is my first memory beating Auburn! My best friends from college and I had circled this as our away game to go too but my wife scheduled our little boys 3rd birthday party today so I invited the family over tonight because we have ESPNU. Great time in Sticks household (other than my little girls guineue pig dying). Defense played lights out! Kicking game is pathetic! Big time win tonight! Let's dance!!!!:dancingpa You could have had season tickets since 1967 and it would have been your first memory of beating Auburn.
October 18, 200916 yr They also downed 2 punts inside the 5 and kickoff coverage was excellent. I agree that the kickoff coverage was very good tonight, but Ryan Tydlacka also shanked a 25-yard punt late in the first half, setting up Auburn on UK's side of the field that led to the drive that gave the Tigers the 14-7 lead. If not for the special teams, the Cats could have shutout Auburn tonight.
October 18, 200916 yr Big win for UK. The final margin doesn't show how much UK dominated on the offensive line and on defense. If not for poor play by the field goal unit it could easily have been 27-7. With the quarterback situation I thought Joker Phillips did an excellent job of play calling. Hopefully, this leads to a 4th straight bowl appearance.
October 18, 200916 yr I agree that the kickoff coverage was very good tonight, but Ryan Tydlacka also shanked a 25-yard punt late in the first half, setting up Auburn on UK's side of the field that led to the drive that gave the Tigers the 14-7 lead. If not for the special teams, the Cats could have shutout Auburn tonight. Every punter shanks one every once in a while. Overall Tydlacka has been very good. Seiber on the other hand...................................... Best o line in UK history?
October 18, 200916 yr Newton gets the start. Played okay but in the second half offense was just not moving. In comes Fidler and able to complete some passes. Brooks may have wasted Newton. I hope he plays this kid in every game here on out to gain experience. If Newton doesn't get at least 20 snaps a game the rest of the season Rich Brooks should be fired for wasting this kids red-shirt season. That should be the basis for firing a coach? A coach who saved the program? A coach who built it the right way? Wow, ... I know you can't be serious. I believe we will see plenty of Newton. Brooks seemed pleased with his first start, on the road in a hostile environment. Stated after the game, that he could use the next 3 games at home, to really begin to develop. Newton will get more time. You saw flashes of what he can do. He has developed some touch on his passes and seems to stay very composed for a true freshman. I LOVE the upside with this kid.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.