Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 21 Auburn 14

Featured Replies

Was a Great win. Road win makes it ever better. Auburn on a downward spiral. Other than Furman I don't think they will win another game.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree but I'm using the same logic as the Hartline bashers.

 

Hartline is by no means an all-american. But I get your point.

I agree but I'm using the same logic as the Hartline bashers.

 

Hartline in 2009 has 6 td's and 6 int's with 27 yards rushing and no rushing td's, and that’s against some sub-par teams... I have no doubt both guys out preformed anything we would have gotten from Hartline last night. The three QB's not named Hartline accounted for three td's and no turnovers against Auburn that’s half of Hartline's '09 output without the turnovers...

Hartline in 2009 has 6 td's and 6 int's with 27 yards rushing and no rushing td's, and that’s against some sub-par teams... I have no doubt both guys out preformed anything we would have gotten from Hartline last night. The three QB's not named Hartline accounted for three td's and no turnovers against Auburn that’s half of Hartline's '09 output without the turnovers...

 

Listen I don't care who plays quarterback as long as UK wins but last night the quarterbacks threw for 70 some yards.

 

Newton has a chance to be a great player but he wasn't anywhere near special last night. Need I remind you and others that he was removed from the game at halftime.

 

It's funny and typical that you mention that Hartline played against some sub-par teams but failed to mention that he also played against the #1 and #2 teams in the country. I think most agree that UK's offense looked it's best during the first half at South Carolina.

 

Either way UK won last night because they were mistake free, dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, the running of Locke and Cobb, and shut down Auburn's offense. Not because of the play of Fidler or Newton.

^all I'm saying is Newton and Fidler didn't do anything to lose the game and they scored two TD's with Cobb adding another that’s half of the TD's Hartline has accounted for and like I said they had no turnovers...

Listen I don't care who plays quarterback as long as UK wins but last night the quarterbacks threw for 70 some yards.

 

Newton has a chance to be a great player but he wasn't anywhere near special last night. Need I remind you and others that he was removed from the game at halftime.

 

It's funny and typical that you mention that Hartline played against some sub-par teams but failed to mention that he also played against the #1 and #2 teams in the country. I think most agree that UK's offense looked it's best during the first half at South Carolina.

 

Either way UK won last night because they were mistake free, dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, the running of Locke and Cobb, and shut down Auburn's offense. Not because of the play of Fidler or Newton.

 

It was a complete team win last night, including Newton and Fidler being a part of that last night. Fidler completed a huge 4th down conversion for UK and Newton was able to make some good plays in his debut. No one player "won" the game last night. It was everyone on that team!

Great win, very happy with Newton (despite what others are saying), I saw what I wanted to see, promise. He has an arm, great size and strength, and the ability to take a broken play and get positive yards. He also stood tall in the pocket and I like his presence.

 

Other than that its funny that "the coaches lost us the game" last week, and now some are critical over using Newton, the fact is regardless of flaws Brooks has made this program, at the very least, relevant again. Have I agreed with every decision? No. Do I think he knows more about what he is doing than any of us? Absolutely.

 

He didn't waste Newton's redshirt year. Play the kid, get him some snaps and he will have a legit chance at starting next year full time.

Will next weeks game be on TV?

 

 

 

Well............You should know! :idunno:

Well............You should know! :idunno:

Now that's funny.:laugh::clap:

Well............You should know! :idunno:

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So you think Fidler is more talented and has more upside then Newton? Please tell me what you saw out of Will (who I thought played great btw) that makes you think he is so much better then Morgan? Was it his arm? No Newton has a cannon. Was it his running ablity? No, morgan moves great and also ran for a touchdown. I just don't know how you can be so sure off of this game.

 

I never said Fidler has more upside. I don't think he does. I simply think he is more ready to play QB right now. And IMO the team looked more fluid when he was in the game.

I had the pleasure of being at this one, it was an awesome time and a great win. What a great venue Auburn has.Very nice, but well short of Tuscaloosa. Fans were classy as well. Those who keep talking about a hostile environment have missed the mark. The Auburn fans were pretty quiet until the end of the fourth quarter.

 

Things must look a lot different on television, we thought that Newton looked pretty dang good. He missed some throws, but looked pretty poised and showed great pocket presence. I believe his main flaw was he tucked and ran too quick, which was probably born out of the early success he had using his legs. Many of the missed throws were longer balls, and he typicall just nearly missed. I'd blame this on timing, which should get better with more reps.

 

As for Fidler, he's got a great arm, and has a lot of velocity on his passes, but appears to have no touch at all. He missed his receiver on a few very easy short throws, and needs to work on the touch throws.

 

I see UK using both Fidler and Newton. IMO Harltine will struggle to ever get back on the field for UK from here on out.

 

Side note: Anyone else sick of the play of Winston Guy? I know I sure am. I don't know if you could tell on tv, but it appears that Coach Brooks may be as well. They went at it, and Brooks benched Guy for most of the second half.

Can we finally put to rest the notion that just because Newton ran for 2400 yards in high school that he's going to be a "dual threat" qb in the SEC? He's a lumbering runner with a howitzer attached to his shoulder. He will be a classic dropback qb and will not be confused with Tebow when it comes to running.

 

I said it when he committed and got blasted for it. He does not have the speed or quickness to be a running qb in the SEC.

 

Until Fidler proves that he's considerably better than Newton, if I'm the coach Newton plays the majority of the snaps when its not the wildcat.

Congrats on the win UK fans... Auburn is not Auburn anymore but a road SEC win is always tough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.