WYMT Mt. Top 10

4chs

I don't understand the methodology they use for picking this top 10. Normally, you lose, and you drop. Can't figure out how Whitley maintains the #2 spot after the Lex Cath debacle. Especially considering the 3rd and 4th ranked teams are undefeated, and have beaten quality teams, I.E. Danville, Breathitt Co., ect.

1. Bell County

2. Whitley County

3. Corbin

4. Prestonsburg

5. Letcher Central

6. Somerset

7. North Laurel

8. Lawrence County

9. Sheldon Clark

10. Rockcastle County

Rockcastle Co. seems to be too low to me and Breathitt Co. should be in there somewhere.

Breathitt Co. at 1-2 should not be there at this time of the season.

I like seeing the Briar Jumpers back in the top 10. Hopefully they will stick around for awhile. If they win Friday night, they may never leave!

The Briar Jumpers have played their guts out this season so far. Hopefully, they don't have an emotional let down this week and keep it rolling.

I can't see how Whitley is ranked ahead of Corbin. However it looks like the schedule will sort it out.

The Briar Jumpers have played their guts out this season so far. Hopefully, they don't have an emotional let down this week and keep it rolling.

I can't see how Whitley is ranked ahead of Corbin. However it looks like the schedule will sort it out.

Corbin has played 1A Harlan Ind. and a very down Danville team that was beaten by more than 5 touchdowns in week one. They haven't proven themselves yet. Whitley County had Lexington Catholic down 19 in the 4th quarter and has a solid team returning from last season, Corbin lost a lot from last year. Whitley County is the clear favorite at this point over Corbin.

Corbin has played 1A Harlan Ind. and a very down Danville team that was beaten by more than 5 touchdowns in week one. They haven't proven themselves yet. Whitley County had Lexington Catholic down 19 in the 4th quarter and has a solid team returning from last season, Corbin lost a lot from last year. Whitley County is the clear favorite at this point over Corbin.

Danville lost to the #2 3A team by a score of 48-21(that is not more than 5 TD's by my math) and to Corbin by a score of 31-14. That being said, I'm not sure that Whitley or Corbin should be ahead of Prestonsburg at this time, although we should know more about Whitley Co. after this week, just not sure that a loss to a Lexington Catholic team that has not looked like a title contender so far this year is grounds enough to rank Whitley at #2.

Danville lost to the #2 3A team by a score of 48-21(that is not more than 5 TD's by my math) and to Corbin by a score of 31-14. That being said, I'm not sure that Whitley or Corbin should be ahead of Prestonsburg at this time, although we should know more about Whitley Co. after this week, just not sure that a loss to a Lexington Catholic team that has not looked like a title contender so far this year is grounds enough to rank Whitley at #2.

I agree, they may not be suited for the #2 spot right now but IMO still ahead of Corbin no matter the ranking. I meant that Danville had been beaten by more than 5 touchdowns in their 2 losses and haven't really competed in either of them, regardless of the score.

I agree, they may not be suited for the #2 spot right now but IMO still ahead of Corbin no matter the ranking. I meant that Danville had been beaten by more than 5 touchdowns in their 2 losses and haven't really competed in either of them, regardless of the score.

So if Bell Co. beats Whitley Co. tonight, does that mean they(WC) should stay ranked ahead of Prestonsburg and Corbin?

FYI.....I believe Pburg should be #2, at this point.

I don't understand the methodology they use for picking this top 10. Normally, you lose, and you drop. Can't figure out how Whitley maintains the #2 spot after the Lex Cath debacle. Especially considering the 3rd and 4th ranked teams are undefeated, and have beaten quality teams, I.E. Danville, Breathitt Co., ect.

By name Danville is quality this year. This year's Danville squad is rebuilding.