Randy Couture UFC 102 Video Blog

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain America! He's not a normal human, he's genetically enhanced.

Per Wikipedia...

Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier serum and vita-ray treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability and healing are at the highest limits of natural human potential. It has been established that his body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.

The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1100 pounds (500 kg) and running a mile (1.6 km) in little more than a minute.

Randy always makes me feel like a loser seeing the shape he is in at his age and the shape Im in at my age.

I'm 23 and he's 46 or 47 and he could run circles around me endurance wise. It's ridiculous.

I used to train kickboxing and BJJ/MMA on Tuesdays and thursdays from 7-930 PM and do combat conditioning from 4-530 on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, and I would spar on Fridays and/or Saturdays for an hour or two. Even while doing all that and going as hard as I could...I was still no where near the shape Randy is. It's amazing what he can do, especially at his age.

I'm 23 and he's 46 or 47 and he could run circles around me endurance wise. It's ridiculous.

I used to train kickboxing and BJJ/MMA on Tuesdays and thursdays from 7-930 PM and do combat conditioning from 4-530 on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, and I would spar on Fridays and/or Saturdays for an hour or two. Even while doing all that and going as hard as I could...I was still no where near the shape Randy is. It's amazing what he can do, especially at his age.

HB20, Do you fight?

HB20, Do you fight?

No, I would like to eventually but right now I haven't been able to train.

I trained kickboxing and MMA/BJJ for about 6 months and then got into it hardcore for about a month, but had to quit after that and haven't been able to for about 2 months. I'm bad out of shape right now, but I'd like to get back into it within another month or two, and after about 2 months of hard training I'd like to start doing grappling tournaments...and then maybe progress into some amateur MMA. I love training though and if I had the means I'd be training every day right now.

Anyone want to sponsor me? :lol: I'll put a logo of your choice on my shorts when I grapple/fight :lol:.

No, I would like to eventually but right now I haven't been able to train.

I trained kickboxing and MMA/BJJ for about 6 months and then got into it hardcore for about a month, but had to quit after that and haven't been able to for about 2 months. I'm bad out of shape right now, but I'd like to get back into it within another month or two, and after about 2 months of hard training I'd like to start doing grappling tournaments...and then maybe progress into some amateur MMA. I love training though and if I had the means I'd be training every day right now.

Anyone want to sponsor me? :lol: I'll put a logo of your choice on my shorts when I grapple/fight :lol:.

I'm starting monday, And giving it my all....Wish me luck

When I start, You'll hear about me, I won't be Warrior32 anymore...lol

Training or fighting?

And where?

Training first, I'm gonna say the first of next year I'll be ready to step in the cage...

I'm gonna train with my brother who has some BJJ skills, And I'm going to order the Demian Maia BJJ video...My stand up is way above average, So im not worried about that....

Where? As in training or fighting? I'm from EKY, And fights happen around here just about every weekend, Maybe not the county I'm in, But within an hour drive...

Training first, I'm gonna say the first of next year I'll be ready to step in the cage...

I'm gonna train with my brother who has some BJJ skills, And I'm going to order the Demian Maia BJJ video...My stand up is way above average, So im not worried about that....

Where? As in training or fighting? I'm from EKY, And fights happen around here just about every weekend, Maybe not the county I'm in, But within an hour drive...

Your stand up is above average based on what? And even if it is above average now, that doesn't mean you don't need to work on it. All of the top MMA guys still have boxing trainers and kickboxing trainers, not to mention specific high level black belt jiu jitsu trainers, and some even have wrestling coaches as well.

It's a lot different once you get in there and start going full speed. I've sparred pretty hard and almost got knocked out a couple of times, it's much different than light sparring or playing around with your friends. Especially if you are sparring/fighting someone who's pretty good.

I wouldn't step into any amateur fight without going to a proper gym and training for about 6 months to a year. I'd also suggest doing some grappling tournaments and possibly some kickboxing tournaments as well, to slowly progress into mixed martial arts.

Training with your brother is OK if he's legitimately good at BJJ, but if he has just picked up some things from an MMA video or a Damian Maia video, I wouldn't trust it enough to use it in a fight. And I find it hard to believe that your stand up is good enough that you don't need a stand up coach to help you out before fighting in MMA. Everyone needs practice...even Couture, Lesnar, Anderson Silva etc.

Your stand up is above average based on what? And even if it is above average now, that doesn't mean you don't need to work on it. All of the top MMA guys still have boxing trainers and kickboxing trainers, not to mention specific high level black belt jiu jitsu trainers, and some even have wrestling coaches as well.

It's a lot different once you get in there and start going full speed. I've sparred pretty hard and almost got knocked out a couple of times, it's much different than light sparring or playing around with your friends. Especially if you are sparring/fighting someone who's pretty good.

I wouldn't step into any amateur fight without going to a proper gym and training for about 6 months to a year. I'd also suggest doing some grappling tournaments and possibly some kickboxing tournaments as well, to slowly progress into mixed martial arts.

Training with your brother is OK if he's legitimately good at BJJ, but if he has just picked up some things from an MMA video or a Damian Maia video, I wouldn't trust it enough to use it in a fight. And I find it hard to believe that your stand up is good enough that you don't need a stand up coach to help you out before fighting in MMA. Everyone needs practice...even Couture, Lesnar, Anderson Silva etc.

Don't get me wrong, I never said I could join the UFC today....

I have A LOT to work on, I trust my stand up enough that I don't need a Trainer as much as I would need a ground trainer right now....Yes my brother is very very skilled in BJJ, Getting him to work with me is something else...

Have no faith in my stand up? We can set up a pure stand up fight, I put $10,000 on me...:D

Don't get me wrong, I never said I could join the UFC today....

I have A LOT to work on, I trust my stand up enough that I don't need a Trainer as much as I would need a ground trainer right now....Yes my brother is very very skilled in BJJ, Getting him to work with me is something else...

Have no faith in my stand up? We can set up a pure stand up fight, I put $10,000 on me...:D

What kind of stand up training have you done? How long?

And how skilled is your brother? Black belt? Brown belt? Purple belt?

If you are going to fight and take it seriously you need a trainer for all areas, including muay thai, boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling and conditioning.

Like I said before, I did kickboxing for about 7 months with a very very good instructor and I plan on going back asap. Depending on how much training you have done, and whether or not you could make a 145 lb weight limit, I'd do a kickboxing match with you :lol:.