Randy Couture UFC 102 Video Blog

What kind of stand up training have you done? How long?

And how skilled is your brother? Black belt? Brown belt? Purple belt?

If you are going to fight and take it seriously you need a trainer for all areas, including muay thai, boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling and conditioning.

Like I said before, I did kickboxing for about 7 months with a very very good instructor and I plan on going back asap. Depending on how much training you have done, and whether or not you could make a 145 lb weight limit, I'd do a kickboxing match with you :lol:.

I'll pass on the KB, I cant make the 145 lb limit...:lol:

165-170 is my area...

I need work in all areas, But taking this very seriously, I will need some trainers in all areas....Truth be told, If I were to guess, Im atleast a year away from getting in the cage with good fighters, Area fighters, I could pound most right now, It will be a work in progress....

He's a no belt, But his BJJ is jaw dropping....Not Demian Maia, Not even close, But very very good...I trust it enough to get me going

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My stand up training, Lets just say it was a little like the Rocky 4 movie...:sssh:

But I do very well against a few of my friends, Who are regulars in MMA...

Sorry, but I'm just a bit skeptical. I find it hard to believe your stand up is "way above average" if you haven't trained with anyone other than your friends.

You might be a natural though, who knows.

I've seen a lot of people come in the gym though that think they are very good, and generally those are the guys who everyone wants to spar with :lol:. And they take quite the beating until they realize they aren't as good as they think they are. Fortunately for me, I knew when I went in that I was terrible so I didn't get picked on. I got whipped, don't get me wrong, but I got coached along the way as well.

Sorry, but I'm just a bit skeptical. I find it hard to believe your stand up is "way above average" if you haven't trained with anyone other than your friends.

You might be a natural though, who knows.

I've seen a lot of people come in the gym though that think they are very good, and generally those are the guys who everyone wants to spar with :lol:. And they take quite the beating until they realize they aren't as good as they think they are. Fortunately for me, I knew when I went in that I was terrible so I didn't get picked on. I got whipped, don't get me wrong, but I got coached along the way as well.

Drinking don't go well with BGP...:isurrender:

No tournaments? What are you basing your opinions on that his BJJ is "jaw dropping"? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I'm going to try and explain this, He's 28 years old....Since about the age of 8, He's been fascinated with MMA, Karate mostly, And has spent hours a day doing just that, And slowly shifted towards BJJ, Which we spent hours a day doing...And I guess what I meant by jaw dropping was, For someone to never train with a BJJ Master, He's jaw dropping.....

I'm going to try and explain this, He's 28 years old....Since about the age of 8, He's been fascinated with MMA, Karate mostly, And has spent hours a day doing just that, And slowly shifted towards BJJ, Which we spent hours a day doing...And I guess what I meant by jaw dropping was, For someone to never train with a BJJ Master, He's jaw dropping.....

Again, I'm just skeptical. I'd have to see it to believe it I guess...