Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9 TRILLION!!!

Featured Replies

I've asked this question before and nobody knew so I'll ask again....who do we owe 9 trillion dollars too? The working man that supports those that don't? Anybody know?

I've asked this question before and nobody knew so I'll ask again....who do we owe 9 trillion dollars too? The working man that supports those that don't? Anybody know?

 

Various countries around the world I suppose. The money has to come from somwhere to fund the programs and bills that are currently in our society.

Various countries around the world I suppose. The money has to come from somwhere to fund the programs and bills that are currently in our society.

 

Is there a breakdown somewhere that shows who is owed what or is it made up?

  • Author
I've asked this question before and nobody knew so I'll ask again....who do we owe 9 trillion dollars too? The working man that supports those that don't? Anybody know?

 

From the news reports it sounds like China is our biggest source of financing but we don't owe 9 trillion. That is the deficit projection over the next decade.

  • Author
Is there a breakdown somewhere that shows who is owed what or is it made up?

 

Here you go, from Wikipedia:

 

Foreign owners of US Treasury Securities (January 2009)

Nation billions of dollars percentage

People's Republic of China 739.6 24.07%

Japan 634.8 20.66%

Oil exporters 186.3 6.06%

Caribbean banking centers 176.6 5.75%

Brazil 133.5 4.35%

United Kingdom 124.2 4.04%

Russia 119.6 3.89%

Luxembourg 87.2 2.84%

Taiwan 73.3 2.39%

Hong Kong 71.7 2.33%

Switzerland 62.1 2.02%

Germany 56.4 1.84%

Republic of Ireland 50 1.63%

Singapore 38.3 1.25%

Thailand 37.2 1.21%

Mexico 34.9 1.14%

India 32.5 1.06%

Turkey 31.3 1.02%

Korea 31.3 1.02%

Norway 21.9 0.71%

France 17.9 0.58%

Israel 16.9 0.55%

Egypt 16.9 0.55%

Netherlands 16.8 0.55%

Italy 15.6 0.51%

Belgium 15.5 0.50%

Chile 15.2 0.49%

Sweden 12.4 0.40%

Philippines 11.6 0.38%

Colombia 11.3 0.37%

All other 179.4 5.84%

Grand Total 3072.2

I think you all are confusing the budget deficit with the national debt. While debt financing is part of the deficit calculation, the two are different.

The big question in Obama's administration? What comes after a trillion?

The big question in Obama's administration? What comes after a trillion?

 

That's an easy one..................Economic collapse.

Here you go, from Wikipedia:

 

Foreign owners of US Treasury Securities (January 2009)

Nation billions of dollars percentage

People's Republic of China 739.6 24.07%

Japan 634.8 20.66%

Oil exporters 186.3 6.06%

Caribbean banking centers 176.6 5.75%

Brazil 133.5 4.35%

United Kingdom 124.2 4.04%

Russia 119.6 3.89%

Luxembourg 87.2 2.84%

Taiwan 73.3 2.39%

Hong Kong 71.7 2.33%

Switzerland 62.1 2.02%

Germany 56.4 1.84%

Republic of Ireland 50 1.63%

Singapore 38.3 1.25%

Thailand 37.2 1.21%

Mexico 34.9 1.14%

India 32.5 1.06%

Turkey 31.3 1.02%

Korea 31.3 1.02%

Norway 21.9 0.71%

France 17.9 0.58%

Israel 16.9 0.55%

Egypt 16.9 0.55%

Netherlands 16.8 0.55%

Italy 15.6 0.51%

Belgium 15.5 0.50%

Chile 15.2 0.49%

Sweden 12.4 0.40%

Philippines 11.6 0.38%

Colombia 11.3 0.37%

All other 179.4 5.84%

Grand Total 3072.2

 

Wow, the U.S. truly is a melting pot.

I've asked this question before and nobody knew so I'll ask again....who do we owe 9 trillion dollars too? The working man that supports those that don't? Anybody know?

 

China

  • Author
Wow, the U.S. truly is a melting pot.

 

:D True dat! (In my best Justin Wilson voice)

I think you all are confusing the budget deficit with the national debt. While debt financing is part of the deficit calculation, the two are different.

 

Can you give us a "Budget Deficit for Dummies" brief? I know what a budget is and what a deficit is. I keep hearing that we are mortgaging our children's future. But...doesn't the money have to actually come from somewhere?

I frankly gave up understanding government debt/budgets, etc when I realized I didn't have enough fingers and toes to count that high.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.