AAU Nationals

Ds 17's advanced to the consolation quarter finals with a 70-67 victory

over the Mississippi Ballers. Corrie Rogers had a huge game with 17 and ten including a half court shot to win it? Sounds wild but that is what I was told.

Was told Madison Johnson also hit some big baskets down the stretch

in a game with some tough matchups for the DS 17.

I think the DS 17's are playing for an overall 8th place finish in this bracket which is not bad considering the tournament started with over 140 teams?

Not sure if any other Kentucky teams are still alive in the D-1 tournament.

Anyone else know?

Was told the Mcfarland team lost a tough one to the Florida Rams with a lot of coaches watching.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ds 17's advanced to the consolation quarter finals with a 70-67 victory

over the Mississippi Ballers. Corrie Rogers had a huge game with 17 and ten including a half court shot to win it? Sounds wild but that is what I was told.

Was told Madison Johnson also hit some big baskets down the stretch

in a game with some tough matchups for the DS 17.

I think the DS 17's are playing for an overall 8th place finish in this bracket which is not bad considering the tournament started with over 140 teams?

Not sure if any other Kentucky teams are still alive in the D-1 tournament.

Anyone else know?

Was told the Mcfarland team lost a tough one to the Florida Rams with a lot of coaches watching.

Glad to see Cory doing well. Wasn't sure he would be going because of football. Also glad to see he is doing well after having 2 surgeries and a broken nose. I know he really struggled playing in that mask.

Thought this was the dead period and coaches couldn't attend?:confused:

I am glad to hear that a lot of the KY teams are doing so well. A little surprised that SS McFarland sounds to have a struggled a little in bracket play. I was really pulling for them guys.

Lots of great teams at nationals. KY has the best chance of competing with the elite teams by creating a statewide allstar team or combination of Ohio, KY, and Indiana players. Heck, the big cities like Chicago, New York, and Atlanta have more population than the whole state of Kentucky.

The Ice lost out in the sweet 16 of the classic bracket after 2 players had to head back to KY. The 2 other teams in the their pool - NC Athletics (lost by 1) finished 9th overall and Showtime Ballers (up by 6 in 4th and lost by 6) finished 7th overall. A couple balls bounce a different way and the Ice could have been contending. Also, when you are without one of your stronger players, Ryan Fucci, it makes a big difference. This team is solid and will be back even stronger next AAU season.

By the way, here's a vote for shortening the AAU season. I'm with Coach Cal - it's way too long!

The season has come to an end for the Shining Star Sports-McFarland team. The team lost to the Florida Rams by a score of 62 to 58 in Orlando at the AAU Division I Nationals.

The loss puts an end to one of the best seasons in Shining Star Sports history.

• 46 wins and only 9 losses for the season.
  • Undefeated in pool play for the entire season.
  • Kentucky AAU State Champions.

The roster included some of the top players in the state of Kentucky and Indiana:

1. Clay Coleman of Ryle
  2. Andy Earls of Boone County
  3. Will Evans of Lexington Christian
  4. Austin Flannery of Scott County
  5. Mike Gabbard of Boone County
  6. Donovan Gibbs of Iroqouis
  7. Chad Jackson of Scott County
  8. Stephen Kowolonek of Highlands
  9. Dylan McDaniel of New Albany
  10. Josh Sewell of Trinity

Congrats to Coach McFarland, Coach Stowers and Coach Flannery on a fantastic season!!

The Shining Star Sports-Price (White) team lost to MBA elite by a score of 57 to 43 on Thursday night. The loss ends the season for the white team.

The team finishes a very successful season.

Thanks to the players and coaches for a great year!!

Good luck to:

Trevor Wellbrock of Covington Catholic

Blake Bryan of Villa Madonna

Mitch McCleish of Ryle

Scott Schuette of Lexington Catholic

The Shining Star Sports-Price (Blue) team lost to the Charlotte Royals by a score of 67 to 54 at the Division I AAU Nationals in Orlando Florida.

The loss ends the season for the blue team.

Thanks to all of the coaches and players for a great season.

Good luck to:

Ryan Popp of Boone County

Donovan Johnson of Shelby County

The Shining Star Sports-Price (Blue) team lost to the Charlotte Royals by a score of 67 to 54 at the Division I AAU Nationals in Orlando Florida.

The loss ends the season for the blue team.

Thanks to all of the coaches and players for a great season.

Good luck to:

Ryan Popp of Boone County

Donovan Johnson of Shelby County

Pretty good season for this SS team too:

5th Place finish in Ohio State AAU tournament

Cincinnati AAU Super Regional Runners Up

NCAA-Certified Hoosier Shootout Runners Up

Hawks Classic Champions

Congrats to all the players and coaches.