AAU Nationals

Ds 17's had a tough loss against Chris Paul's team. DS led through three quarters before CP3 pulled away the last two minutes. Colt Barnhill had a big game with 17 playing against the kid from Wake Forrest. and Clint Stepp hit some big 3's and Tanner Peurach was a force on the inside before getting in foul trouble. Reggie Bullock is a top ten player in the country going to North Carolina and word was he could flat stroke the ball. Sounded like the Kentucky kids represented well though and now move on to the consolation bracket. Was told Bruce Pearl was at the game and was very complimentary of the DS team.

I've watched Bullock a few times this year and he is a flat out stud. I think he's every bit as good as Will Barton for the best SG in 2010...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shining Star Sports-McFarland lost in the second round of the Championship bracket at the AAU Divsion I Nationals. The team lost to Youth Interlock Society by a score of 86 to 78.

Coach McFarland's team will play their next bracket game at 1120am on Thursday versus Louisiana Lightning.

I think SS McFarland will play in 2nd round losers bracket but you better double check if you plan to go to game.

OK thanks. Since others had a "play-in" game, they must have had a bye for the first round of bracket play.

Ds 17's had a tough loss against Chris Paul's team. DS led through three quarters before CP3 pulled away the last two minutes. Colt Barnhill had a big game with 17 playing against the kid from Wake Forrest. and Clint Stepp hit some big 3's and Tanner Peurach was a force on the inside before getting in foul trouble. Reggie Bullock is a top ten player in the country going to North Carolina and word was he could flat stroke the ball. Sounded like the Kentucky kids represented well though and now move on to the consolation bracket. Was told Bruce Pearl was at the game and was very complimentary of the DS team.

Heard he was having a good summer. Hope to watch him play at East Cater this year. How is Cory Rogers doing?

Shining Star Sports-McFarland won their bracket game today versus the Louisiana Lightning at the AAU Division I Nationals. The team won by a score of 66 to 43.

The team was led by Chad Jackson with 15 points and Austin Flannery with 13 points.

The team will play Fab Melo and the Florida Rams at 5pm on Thursday evening.

Shining Star Sports-McFarland won their bracket game today versus the Louisiana Lightning at the AAU Division I Nationals. The team won by a score of 66 to 43.

The team was led by Chad Jackson with 15 points and Austin Flannery with 13 points.

The team will play Fab Melo and the Florida Rams at 5pm on Thursday evening.

Looks like Ds 17's play right after Shining Stars on the same court

after the DS team beat a team from Georgia 83-64 led by Colt Barnhill with 19 and Clint Stepp with 14 and Ashley Hatfield and Madison Johnson in double figures. Rams will be a tough game for the Mcfarland team. Fab Melo is huge, but he is not the key to the team. Rams got two talented shooters. Had a very tight battle with the DS team . The DS team held the lead the entire game until the Rams came back late in the 4th. Should be a lot of coaches at this game as the Rams have several highly recruited players.

Good luck to the Shining Stars

Shining Stars McFarland loses to Fab Melo"s Florida Rams by 4 to end their AAU National's.

Congrats on an overall great AAU season with an undefeated pool play record and several Quarterfinal or better finishes in some tough tourneys!

Shining Stars McFarland loses to Fab Melo"s Florida Rams by 4 to end their AAU National's.

Congrats on an overall great AAU season with an undefeated pool play record and several Quarterfinal or better finishes in some tough tourneys!

I too want to give them my congrats.:thumb: Very proud of our Ky boys.

Shining Stars White and Blue bowed out of the tournament today. SS White lost to MBA Elite of Ohio.

SS Blue lost to Charlotte Royals about 64-49. Charlotte was led by a 7'2" post player. I believe Popp led SS Blue in scoring with 13.

SS Black advanced to the second round of the first-round consolation bracket losers.

Looks like Ds 17's play right after Shining Stars on the same court

after the DS team beat a team from Georgia 83-64 led by Colt Barnhill with 19 and Clint Stepp with 14 and Ashley Hatfield and Madison Johnson in double figures. Rams will be a tough game for the Mcfarland team. Fab Melo is huge, but he is not the key to the team. Rams got two talented shooters. Had a very tight battle with the DS team . The DS team held the lead the entire game until the Rams came back late in the 4th. Should be a lot of coaches at this game as the Rams have several highly recruited players.

Good luck to the Shining Stars

First time I have seen this Hounds' name mentioned on the DS team. How has he played this summer? He is a 6'4 shooting guard with some potential. I think he will be a steal for some college or Univ.

The Firebirds are playing in the Division 2 AAU nationals. They went 3-0 in pool play, and they have won their first two games in the championship bracket. I know its D-2, but thats not bad.

Why did the Firebirds go D-2???

Glad to hear they're doing so well. They are a good team but I think they could have gone with the big boys. They could have hung in there.

Why did the Firebirds go D-2???

Glad to hear they're doing so well. They are a good team but I think they could have gone with the big boys. They could have hung in there.

I'm not sure, I know they already registered to play in the D-2 nationals before adding the Johnson brothers to the team. The actually did good at the state AAU tournament finishing 4th. This is one of their best years. Hopefully they can pull it out and win a D-2 national championship!