AAU Nationals

The Shining Star Sports-McFarland team went the entire AAU season without loosing a pool game. The team has been perfect in pool play throughout the season and finished it off by winning all 3 pool games at the AAU Division I Nationals.

Congrats to Coach McFarland and his team!! A fantastic accomplishment!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Smith beat the ACR 2nd team. Their first team with all of the studs played in Pool F and will open play tomorrow against Shining Star Sports-Price (Black) tomorrow at 955am.

Are you saying that wasn't a "quality" win for the DS boys?

Do the Shining Stars have all their "studs" on one team?

You'll find out today if DSAS is playing well because the CP3 team should be pretty good.

I would say a team with a North Carolina and Wake Forrest committ would be hard to handle for any Kentucky team. Good measuring stick

I hear Elisha Justice is more than handling his own against anyone though

I would say a team with a North Carolina and Wake Forrest committ would be hard to handle for any Kentucky team. Good measuring stick

I hear Elisha Justice is more than handling his own against anyone though

Thanks for the update seems like Justice has played well this summer against some of the best competition.

Are you saying that wasn't a "quality" win for the DS boys?

Do the Shining Stars have all their "studs" on one team?

NO!! I didn't mean that at all. Someone mentioned wanting to see a couple of players on that team. I was just meaning to point out that those players were on another team. No disrespect. I like the Derek Smith team and think they are a very good team and every win this time of year is a quality win. Sorry if my comments were taken the wrong way!!

NO!! I didn't mean that at all. Someone mentioned wanting to see a couple of players on that team. I was just meaning to point out that those players were on another team. No disrespect. I like the Derek Smith team and think they are a very good team and every win this time of year is a quality win. Sorry if my comments were taken the wrong way!!

No problem, I guess I just read it wrong

Good luck to the Shining Stars and all Kentucky teams the rest of the summer, there is a lot of tough competition out there.

Shining Stars Black, White, and Blue all lost their first-round bracket games.

White tied The Truth on a McLeash 3 with 5 seconds left, but the other team got a runout dunk AND 1 to win by 3.

Blue lost a heartbreaker to a huge Atlanta Allstars team. There must have been 40 coaches watching that game. Blue came back from 11 down to tie it. The other team hit a few free throws to go up three with 5 seconds. Then, they had 6 guys on the court. The refs didn't call a technical, which would have given SS Blue 2 FTs and the ball inbounds at half court with a chance to win. Instead, SS Blue had to settle for a half court 3 which banked and bounced off the rim at the buzzer.

All 3 teams will play in the first round losers consolation bracket tomorrow.

Ds 17's had a tough loss against Chris Paul's team. DS led through three quarters before CP3 pulled away the last two minutes. Colt Barnhill had a big game with 17 playing against the kid from Wake Forrest. and Clint Stepp hit some big 3's and Tanner Peurach was a force on the inside before getting in foul trouble. Reggie Bullock is a top ten player in the country going to North Carolina and word was he could flat stroke the ball. Sounded like the Kentucky kids represented well though and now move on to the consolation bracket. Was told Bruce Pearl was at the game and was very complimentary of the DS team.