Richard Jefferson Traded to Spurs

HB's right (can't believe I'm saying it :D)- the more I look around, I have a hard time agreeing that Ariza is better than Jefferson. Ariza, while 5 years younger, has been in the league for 6 or 7 years and accomplished very little besides the 2nd half of this year. Jefferson has averaged 17+ ppg over his career, is only 29, and has been in the league only 3 years longer than Ariza.

Obviously he's not better if you compare their careers...

But, that's fine. I'd rather have Ariza. You guys had rather have Jefferson. We both have our wish...for now. :thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was older.

Also, you can click on the smiley. It's easier. :lol:

And, yes...I'd take Trevor Ariza. He averaged 11 ppg as the 5th option on his team.

Jefferson was just under 20 as his teams #1 option with Michael Redd sidelined.

I think Ariza could have scored 8 more per game if he was the top option.

Just a hunch...

I know I can click it, I've been on BGP for like 15 years :lol:, I just think it's easier to type it. Sometimes I mess up, life goes on :D.

JEFFERSON wasn't the #1 guy his entire career...and he still averages right around 17-19 ppg every year.

I'd take Jefferson by far. Only bad thing about Jefferson when it comes to comparing him to Ariza is the price.

I know I can click it, I've been on BGP for like 15 years :lol:, I just think it's easier to type it. Sometimes I mess up, life goes on :D.

Ariza wasn't the #1 guy his entire career...and he still averages right around 17-19 ppg every year.

I'd take Jefferson by far. Only bad thing about Jefferson when it comes to comparing him to Ariza is the price.

Really...Ariza averaged 17-19 his entire career. I definitely think he's better than Jefferson. That settles it. :D

I will take Ariza on the defensive end. It really depend on what team they are playing for as to who I would take. I'd rather have Ariza on the Lakers.

The Spurs didn't even make it out of the first round this year. The Lakers are clearly the best team moving forward (assuming Ariza and Odom are back). The better question I think is does it put San Antonio as the second best team in the West? Are they better than Denver or a healthy Rocket team?

The Spurs didn't even make it out of the first round this year. The Lakers are clearly the best team moving forward (assuming Ariza and Odom are back). The better question I think is does it put San Antonio as the second best team in the West? Are they better than Denver or a healthy Rocket team?

The Spurs didn't have Ginobili OR Jefferson for the playoffs this year. Come on, are you saying getting Ginobili back and adding Jefferson doesn't make them a top contender for the west?

Ariza wasn't the #1 guy his entire career...and he still averages right around 17-19 ppg every year.

Who was the #1 guy in New Jersey. Kidd...K-Mart...

They didn't have a #1. They played an up-tempo style and Jefferson ran the court and let Kidd set him up. He wasn't their best player, but he was their best offensive player.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'd rather have Ariza at this point. Especially for the Lakers...perhaps Jefferson is a better fit in SA. I won't argue that.

Regardless of who is better between those two, Jefferson's addition isn't enough to catch the Lakers if they can retain Odom and Ariza. That may be a big if though.

Who was the #1 guy in New Jersey. Kidd...K-Mart...

They didn't have a #1. They played an up-tempo style and Jefferson ran the court and let Kidd set him up. He wasn't their best player, but he was their best offensive player.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'd rather have Ariza at this point. Especially for the Lakers...perhaps Jefferson is a better fit in SA. I won't argue that.

Regardless of who is better between those two, Jefferson's addition isn't enough to catch the Lakers if they can retain Odom and Ariza. That may be a big if though.

Jeffersons addition alone may or may not be...but they are going to add another piece IMO.

The Spurs didn't have Ginobili OR Jefferson for the playoffs this year. Come on, are you saying getting Ginobili back and adding Jefferson doesn't make them a top contender for the west?

It doesn't put them above or equal to the Lakers.

Does it put them as the top contender to take down LA? Probably.

Jeffersons addition alone may or may not be...but they are going to add another piece IMO.

They have to if they're serious about knocking the Lakers off. Jefferson doesn't add enough to make up the gap.

Regardless of what they add, their chances will hinge on Ginobli being 100% for the post-season...and that may be a bigger if than LA signing Odom and Ariza.

It doesn't put them above or equal to the Lakers.

Does it put them as the top contender to take down LA? Probably.

We won't know that until next year, will we?

I don't see how anyone can say for certain that it doesn't put them with the Lakers.

They have to if they're serious about knocking the Lakers off. Jefferson doesn't add enough to make up the gap.

Regardless of what they add, their chances will hinge on Ginobli being 100% for the post-season...and that may be a bigger if than LA signing Odom and Ariza.

So what if they get a Marcus Camby, or Rasheed Wallace? Where will that put them in your mind?