Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to NBA

Featured Replies

Meeks just made Cal's decision a lot easier when it comes to playing time. Now Wall & Bledsoe will be the obvious 2.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meeks is like a man that is fixated on a woman. All the man's friends tell him continuously that the woman is bad news, but the man is overcome with feelings and can only see the good in her. After she destroys his life and breaks his heart, he realizes his friends were correct. In this case, the woman is the NBA. He had his heart set on going the NBA and even though some might have said you'll be a second-rounder and you should come back, he refused to see that side of it.

 

I just hope he doesn't get his heart broken and end up in the D-League.

 

Only, in this case, the man can't get a better woman and he doesn't want to be left alone all his life, so he took what he could get. :D

Best of luck to Jodie.

 

Agreed. Some people are looking at this as a bad decision. I think it's a great one. Their will be a lockout in a couple years. If he gets a contract now go for it. He obvioulsy wasn't as dead set on coming back as people first reported. Good for him. I hope he gets drafted late in the 1st round by a good team that needs a knock down shooter for 8 minutes a half.

Agreed. Some people are looking at this as a bad decision. I think it's a great one. Their will be a lockout in a couple years. If he gets a contract now go for it. He obvioulsy wasn't as dead set on coming back as people first reported. Good for him. I hope he gets drafted late in the 1st round by a good team that needs a knock down shooter for 8 minutes a half.

 

The chances he gets drafted in the 1st round are slightly less than 0....He has told GMs in interviews that he'd rather play in Europe than the D-League, so it should be interesting to see if any teams will be willing to gamble with a 2nd rounder on him.

\.He has told GMs in interviews that he'd rather play in Europe than the D-League

 

So would I. I have heard many players gripe about the D-League and absolutely hate it but love their experiences overseas.

 

As for Meeks, I wish him all the best. Next year's draft class will be better and I don't see how another year in college would have improved his stock all that much. Good luck to him.

Meeks has been very injury prone, and knows he won't get the touches next year that he got this year. A good decision for him, and a hurtful one for UK. He was the only proven shooter on the roster. UK is still stacked, but their perimeter offense will be their weakness now, IMO.

No. I'd say Kansas...

 

Agreed. I think we're top 10 at the preseason. Of course, preseason rankings don't really amount to squat.

His staying in the draft is not really a surprise to me. He seems to be confident that he will make it and I think he will, although maybe not this coming season. He will need to improve his defense before he will ever get many minutes in the NBA and he also needs to get better in the area of creating his own shots, otherwise he will be a role player at best.

 

Best of luck to Meeks. I hope he goes in the first round so that he gets guaranteed money and the time necessary to improve.

  • Author
Do you expect him to say "Yeah I plan on going late 2nd Round." ?

 

No, I expect him to look back in about a year and say, "Man, what was I thinking."

As bad as I hate it for UK, I said all along that I thought he would go and that he should. Another year of college ball was going to help him very little. He is probably close to his ceiling as far as his potential and this being the weakest draft in some time...strike while the iron is hot...or as hot as it will ever be. Good luck Jodie...Go Cats!

Good for Jodie. He made the decision that he thought was best for him, can't blame the guy for that.

 

I hope he succeeds at the next level.

I believe he made the right decision for him. 3rd coach he would have played under at UK. Great class coming in and they are Cal's boys. Projected draft next year, has an abundance of guards. I wish Jodie all the best and want to thank him for all the memories.:thumb:

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Everyone in America knew that he was coming back. He had a last-second change-of-heart this morning.

 

I don't believe this one bit.

 

I think people need to quit making declarations as facts when all they're doing is reading other peoples opinions on blogs and web pages.

 

Reading a lot of people's opinions on a subject doesn't necessarily make you an expert, or insider on the subject.

He was the only proven shooter on the roster. UK is still stacked, but their perimeter offense will be their weakness now, IMO.

 

Which leaves a glaring weakness in the DDM system. UK is going to see a TON of zone and sagging man to man...

I wish Jodie the best of luck and I enjoyed the time we had him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.