Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to NBA

Featured Replies

The chances he gets drafted in the 1st round are slightly less than 0....He has told GMs in interviews that he'd rather play in Europe than the D-League, so it should be interesting to see if any teams will be willing to gamble with a 2nd rounder on him.

 

Yet he still stayed in the draft. Maybe he thinks he has a chance to go late in the 1st round. I think he has a better chance at going in the 1st this year than next. I think it's a long shot but at least there's a chance. There is at least one scout that said he is a 1st rounder.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Jodie Meeks and I hope he makes it. Hate to jump on the band wagon but man this seems like a really really bad move!!

Looks like everybody's "sources" were wrong on this one too. I wish Jodie the best.

Which leaves a glaring weakness in the DDM system. UK is going to see a TON of zone and sagging man to man...

 

Yep, plus the go to guy to ice a game w/ free throws. It's a big loss. Maybe Hood will take advantage of the opportunity. I would guess he and Dodson benefit the most.

As bad as I hate it for UK, I said all along that I thought he would go and that he should. Another year of college ball was going to help him very little. He is probably close to his ceiling as far as his potential and this being the weakest draft in some time...strike while the iron is hot...or as hot as it will ever be. Good luck Jodie...Go Cats!

 

I agree. I don't think he would have done better next year just by playing for Cal. How many shooting guards does he get credit for developing into NBA players?

Looks like everybody's "sources" were wrong on this one too. I wish Jodie the best.

 

Not mine... :D

Time to start the Xavier Henry rumors again!

 

 

LOL!! That's exactly what I was thinking!

Meeks might get picked from 55th-60th. If he came back to Kentucky, then he would go anywhere between 25th-40th in next years draft. Dumb move on Meeks' part IMO.

Looks like Cal needs to go find a "shooter" some where!

 

Good luck Meeks and thanks for wearing the Blue and White with class! :thumb:

 

:thumb::thumb: Well said TRR, well said!

No. I'd say Kansas...

 

Villinova will be a solid team as well... BTW, I wish Jodi the best...

I wish he would have came back to school, but in all honesty, he would have been the 4th UK player drafted next season. He wouldn't have improved his draft stock by coming back for 1 more year with next seasons' draft class being loaded. He will end up being drafted in the 25-40 range and will have a nice 10 year career in the league and make a whole lot of $$$.

The best of luck to Jodie,and thanks for that 54 point game at Tennessee.Won't forget that one.:banana:

I wanted to see him come back so that next years team would have even more potential, but this was probably the best move for him. Even if he would have improved his game a lot and became a much better player, odds are his draft position would have dropped because of the talent in the draft class next year. Now hopefully he can get drafted to a quality team and find a spot on the roster. Good luck to him.

I wish him the best. Many draft experts thought that this year's guard class is much weaker than next year's class. If that is accurate (and I am no draft expert), I understand his decision. I don't like it, but it is his decision to make. I really hope it works out for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.