June 16, 200917 yr I agree 100% Just because you have a blog or make posts on a message board, it doesn't make you an insider or an expert. It doesn't even make you a journalist. Everyone can say they have "sources". I dont remember at any time reading who any of these sources actually were. And because of that, there are many people who deservedly have egg on their face today. It took me almost a decade to get to know and earn the trust of the people that are privy to the best info, and I'm still a LONG way from expert status. Most of this business anymore is based on the delivery. Passing along information and making a guess based on reading what is out there is a very fine line...
June 16, 200917 yr It took me almost a decade to get to know and earn the trust of the people that are privy to the best info, and I'm still a LONG way from expert status. Most of this business anymore is based on the delivery. Passing along information and making a guess based on reading what is out there is a very fine line... I agree, and I'm not singling you out because your info has been as solid as anyone on here. But some others need to stop making bold predictions based on unnamed sources. It does nothing but make them look bad in the race to be number one.
June 16, 200917 yr I think Dodson now becomes a HUGE piece of the puzzle if UK wants to be a comtender. I've heard that some people close to the program believe that he can be "that guy" that they need on the perimeter. With Meeks gone I think UK will see alot more sagging D's and doubles down low. Some think he can be the one who benefits most from the double team and downs that UK's frontcourt will see this coming year. I hope they're right.
June 16, 200917 yr It took me almost a decade to get to know and earn the trust of the people that are privy to the best info, and I'm still a LONG way from expert status. Most of this business anymore is based on the delivery. Passing along information and making a guess based on reading what is out there is a very fine line... Don't worry, I think most on here know the difference...at least I hope so.
June 16, 200917 yr Good luck to Jodie you can't blame many kids on UK's roster they have had to go thru THREE college basketball coaches now, how many other players do you know that have done that? I just wish UK would have had him for 3 healthy years. Everyone must remember Keith Bogans hung around the NBA for a while. The best article i've read on this is now UK will not be #1 preseason, how many times was UK even ranked last year? Good luck Jodie! Bogans has played in the NBA 8 years and counting...............
June 16, 200917 yr Meeks just made Cal's decision a lot easier when it comes to playing time. Now Wall & Bledsoe will be the obvious 2. Agreed. Now maybe Bledsoe's high school coach can quit hyperventilating when discussing his playing time next year.
June 16, 200917 yr It took me almost a decade to get to know and earn the trust of the people that are privy to the best info, and I'm still a LONG way from expert status. Most of this business anymore is based on the delivery. Passing along information and making a guess based on reading what is out there is a very fine line...We have had our differences...but in all honesty you are one of the best in the business!
June 17, 200917 yr If Meeks went in the 2010 draft who believes he would have gone in front of Patterson/Cousins/Wall his own teamates?
June 17, 200917 yr If Meeks went in the 2010 draft who believes he would have gone in front of Patterson/Cousins/Wall his own teamates? No way. Wall is #1 pick next year IMO. Patterson will be a lottery. Cousins will be first round. Jodie would be behind all of them.
June 17, 200917 yr If Meeks would have stayed @ Kentucky he would have been a legend in UK basketball, IMHO. His status as a UK player might have been comparable to Macy, Issel or maybe even one of the unforgetables. Odd as it may sound, besides having had the best scoring night in UK history, I can't help but feel he still had work to do here...he obviously did not feel that way. I wish him well none the less. Next up for legend status...P Pat. Come back to UK from the NBA lottery, get his degree in 3 years and help UK back on the national map, much respect to you Patrick!
June 17, 200917 yr If Meeks went in the 2010 draft who believes he would have gone in front of Patterson/Cousins/Wall his own teamates? I don't. Coming back to "work on your game" only buys you so many spots in a draft. There is a reason Tyler Hansbrough is not being picked in the top 5 despite being a multiple time All American.
June 17, 200917 yr I don't. Coming back to "work on your game" only buys you so many spots in a draft. There is a reason Tyler Hansbrough is not being picked in the top 5 despite being a multiple time All American. I don't think any improvement he could have made would have offset a more talented draft class...all things considered, this year is probably the highest he could go.
June 17, 200917 yr If Meeks would have stayed @ Kentucky he would have been a legend in UK basketball, IMHO. His status as a UK player might have been comparable to Macy, Issel or maybe even one of the unforgetables. Odd as it may sound, besides having had the best scoring night in UK history, I can't help but feel he still had work to do here...he obviously did not feel that way. I wish him well none the less. Next up for legend status...P Pat. Come back to UK from the NBA lottery, get his degree in 3 years and help UK back on the national map, much respect to you Patrick! I really don't see Meeks anywhere near legend status at UK. He'll have a place in the history books for that great game, but his scoring would have likely dipped with all the talent Cal has brought in for this season. Maybe if he'd returned and got hot and carried them through the tournament to a title...or hit a bunch of buzzer beaters during March. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would make place him as a memorable legend at UK. A solid freshman year. An injured sophomore year. A great junior year, especially scoring-wise. But, UK was never that good...low seeds, early exits and missed the tournament completely in his best season. He'd have to do something really extraordinary in his last season.
June 17, 200917 yr I really don't see Meeks anywhere near legend status at UK. He'll have a place in the history books for that great game, but his scoring would have likely dipped with all the talent Cal has brought in for this season. Maybe if he'd returned and got hot and carried them through the tournament to a title...or hit a bunch of buzzer beaters during March. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would make place him as a memorable legend at UK. A solid freshman year. An injured sophomore year. A great junior year, especially scoring-wise. But, UK was never that good...low seeds, early exits and missed the tournament completely in his best season. He'd have to do something really extraordinary in his last season. I agree....Meeks is nowhere near a "legend" player at Kentucky. Didn't do enough to earn that merit.
June 17, 200917 yr I heard a rumor that Jodie decided to go because the Rockets promised to draft him in the 1st-round at number 30. Problem is, the Rockets don't have a pick at all, let alone in the first round. :lol: Then my "source" claims he will go 30th, to the Cavs. Think I should believe him? :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.