Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to NBA

Featured Replies

Everyone in America knew that he was coming back. He had a last-second change-of-heart this morning.

 

Or everyone was WRONG.

 

Didn't you "report" that he was coming back?

  • Replies 121
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Meeks does well... It's just hard for me to see him being successful in the NBA.

I'll admit that I'm sad to see him go, but I think this will end up being the best choice for Meeks. I wish him nothing but the best.

  • Author
Or everyone was WRONG.

 

Didn't you "report" that he was coming back?

 

I was wrong.

Not surprised at all from everything I heard on his thought process. It will be interesting to see who takes him in the 2nd round...

 

It wouldn't shock me if he went undrafted...

Oscar Combs would agree with you. I heard him on the radio with a couple of weeks left in the season, and he said he thought that Meeks was about the 75th best player out there, or something to that effect.

  • Author

Meeks is like a man that is fixated on a woman. All the man's friends tell him continuously that the woman is bad news, but the man is overcome with feelings and can only see the good in her. After she destroys his life and breaks his heart, he realizes his friends were correct. In this case, the woman is the NBA. He had his heart set on going the NBA and even though some might have said you'll be a second-rounder and you should come back, he refused to see that side of it.

 

I just hope he doesn't get his heart broken and end up in the D-League.

I believe he made the right decision for him. 3rd coach he would have played under at UK. Great class coming in and they are Cal's boys. Projected draft next year, has an abundance of guards. I wish Jodie all the best and want to thank him for all the memories.:thumb:

If he does end up being drafted I really don't see him making a team anyway. Probably be cut soon after season starts.

I always thought Crawford was more of an NBA player then Meeks.

I seriously doubt he goes in the 1st. I'd say mid to late 2nd and then a trip to either the D-League or Europe.

 

I also think this means UK will not be a championship team. If he came back, I thought they had a real shot at winning it all. Now...I doubt it.

I seriously doubt he goes in the 1st. I'd say mid to late 2nd and then a trip to either the D-League or Europe.

 

I also think this means UK will not be a championship team. If he came back, I thought they had a real shot at winning it all. Now...I doubt it.

 

I think if his heart was really set on going pro, he should have taken the Calathes route. That's where I think he ends up.

Hopefully it works out well for him. I have my doubts, but he's been a great Wildcat despite some setbacks, and hopefully he can develop into a solid pro player.

 

As a UK fan, I'm disappointed for what it means for the team, but you cannot fault Jodie if he thinks this is what is best for him. Ultimately, it's his choice to make.

I still think Kentucky will be a definite tough team next year.

 

They will be very good and much improved over what we have seen in the last couple of years...

 

But with Meeks I thought they were the preseason #1. Without him...I don't think so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.