Nice article on Hunter Jones

"If you have the talent and you work hard, people are going to see you and find you,”

This quote from the article is so true. Its too bad more parents don't understand this. The gravitation to the top programs has been detrimental in some ways to high school sports at the smaller schools.

Mr. Jones and family, you are to be commended. It speaks very well of the type of person you are and demonstrates that you really do see the big picture in life and sports.

"If you have the talent and you work hard, people are going to see you and find you,”

This quote from the article is so true. Its too bad more parents don't understand this. The gravitation to the top programs has been detrimental in some ways to high school sports at the smaller schools.

Mr. Jones and family, you are to be commended. It speaks very well of the type of person you are and demonstrates that you really do see the big picture in life and sports.

Two points:

1 - you can't fault parents for sending their kids to better schools, many of which also happen to be bigger. Jones' son appears to be a phenomenal athlete, but for those "tweeners," playing in a better program could mean the difference between getting a scholarship or not, or heck, even having a winning season or not.

2 - Assuming "big picture" means academics also, how does his son benefit from passing on better educations at other local public & private schools? This is not bashing on Bellevue, but the academic opportunities are not on the same level as those availalbe at other local institutions that were available to him.

ft bronc...............Number one point I might disagree with looking at a tweener may not play as much at the bigger programs and get more AB's, innings, etc at the smaller school.

Point two is an issue. Bellevue's academics while over the past few years have improved are starting to slide again and certainly are not up to par with many other high schools. If you have been in Bellevue HS you will notice the inordinate amount of students walking halls, in offices, etc. and not in classrooms. The lack of discipline in that building will be its downfall.

ft bronc...............Number one point I might disagree with looking at a tweener may not play as much at the bigger programs and get more AB's, innings, etc at the smaller school.

Point two is an issue. Bellevue's academics while over the past few years have improved are starting to slide again and certainly are not up to par with many other high schools. If you have been in Bellevue HS you will notice the inordinate amount of students walking halls, in offices, etc. and not in classrooms. The lack of discipline in that building will be its downfall.

I wish the rain would go away so we could talk baseball again. All you guys that should go ahead and jump are trying to take a nice article on a nice kid and twist it into a discipline problem at a school. It might be time to find another way to occupy your time.

Nice article. Great kid that fits in well at the school system. And judging from his ACT scores, the school is serving him well.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

I wish the rain would go away so we could talk baseball again. All you guys that should go ahead and jump are trying to take a nice article on a nice kid and twist it into a discipline problem at a school. It might be time to find another way to occupy your time.

Nice article. Great kid that fits in well at the school system. And judging from his ACT scores, the school is serving him well.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

That's exactly right :thumb:

I know, I know. I almost didn't post anything, but like you said, the rain won't stop. I'm glad it's working for him. Seems like a decent kid.

It's easier to be spotted in some sports playing at a small school than others. For example, baseball and basketball allow for national tournaments throughout the summer, exposing kids to scouts on a daily basis. You don't get that in football.

I was talking to the Assistant Principal about 3-4 weeks ago and we were talking about HJ. He was telling me about how the kid has NEVER been in his office or has NEVER been in trouble. Kids like this dont come around often where they are great baseball players and great in the classroom. I know Hunter personally and know what a great kid he is to be around. I wish him nothing but luck on his way to have a great baseball career.

"Assuming "big picture" means academics also, how does his son benefit from passing on better educations at other local public & private schools? This is not bashing on Bellevue, but the academic opportunities are not on the same level as those availalbe at other local institutions that were available to him." Quote From FT Bronc

Kudo's for the Jones's attendind the school in the district where they live. If all schools did this you would see a lot better players at the smaller schools. Unfortunately the bigger schools tend to get those kids from outside their district to attend their school "SOMEHOW!!"

Looks like FT Bronc would like to see Hunter at Highlands next year. I am sure he has been contacted!!!

He does go to little Bellevue, Where people think you don't get a lot of teaching and everybody thinks it is easy. But Hunter Jones took his ACT and got a 26 that's all I got to say...

He does go to little Bellevue, Where people think you don't get a lot of teaching and everybody thinks it is easy. But Hunter Jones took his ACT and got a 26 that's all I got to say...

BB - This attitude will always be present in life. People have a tendency to believe that bigger is better, more expensive is better, etc. While there are opportunities at some pricey private school or a large school that might not be present at Bellevue, Bellevue also posses qualities and life lessons that wouldn't be present at those larger places.