April 20, 200917 yr No one is mentioning the shaving of points. That is what I initially heard and would consider that to be the "bizare" part of this story. No idea whether any of these rumors are true, but point shaving (if it happened) would help explain how a team with that much talent loses at home to WKU and UNLV.
April 20, 200917 yr As humans, we all speculate as to what really may be going on. Some of you act like it is so clear black and white, guilty or not. C'mon let's be real. I'm not saying I know what Pitino did or didn't do and these allegations sure seem crazy. I'm old enough to make assumptions based on information that I am given and also know that the public rarely finds out what actually happened in these situations. Does everyone think OJ is innocent? Exactly. True, you can do that. However, to assume an affair occurred or point shaving occurred is a stretch, given the information that has been released. A far cry from your OJ Simpson analogy, at this point.
April 20, 200917 yr This is updated information from the article on ESPN, pretty much rules out a few different conspiracies relating to UofL. It appears it is something personal that it is being alleged: Clifft said the claims against Pitino were "of a personal nature, not related to his recruiting or coaching. That's all I'm at liberty to say." Clifft said Sypher approached WDRB with the information. Clifft said she interviewed Sypher for nearly two hours on-camera, in the presence of WDRB's general manager and news director. Afterward, the station had an independent polygraph expert administer a lie-detector test to Sypher -- a test she agreed to do before the interview. Clifft said that the polygraph test could have any of three results: pass, fail or inconclusive. She said Sypher's test fell into the inconclusive range. Clifft said there were some questions she asked that Sypher did not answer conclusively or convincingly, which heightened the station's concerns about the veracity of her information.
April 20, 200917 yr This is updated information from the article on ESPN, pretty much rules out a of different conspiracies relating to UofL. It appears it is something personal that it is being alleged: Clifft said the claims against Pitino were "of a personal nature, not related to his recruiting or coaching. That's all I'm at liberty to say." Clifft said Sypher approached WDRB with the information. Clifft said she interviewed Sypher for nearly two hours on-camera, in the presence of WDRB's general manager and news director. Afterward, the station had an independent polygraph expert administer a lie-detector test to Sypher -- a test she agreed to do before the interview. Clifft said that the polygraph test could have any of three results: pass, fail or inconclusive. She said Sypher's test fell into the inconclusive range. Clifft said there were some questions she asked that Sypher did not answer conclusively or convincingly, which heightened the station's concerns about the veracity of her information. Thanks for the update.:thumb:
April 20, 200917 yr True, you can do that. However, to assume an affair occurred or point shaving occurred is a stretch, given the information that has been released. A far cry from your OJ Simpson analogy, at this point. I completely agree and by no means meant to imply that the situations were comparable or that Rick has done anything wrong in this case. However, the "Innocent, until proven guilty" speech is lame and naive and certainly doesn't describe how our world works.
April 20, 200917 yr Clifft said that the polygraph test could have any of three results: pass, fail or inconclusive. She said Sypher's test fell into the inconclusive range. Clifft said there were some questions she asked that Sypher did not answer conclusively or convincingly, which heightened the station's concerns about the veracity of her information.[/b][/i] When has a news station ever been worried about all of the information in a case being completely valid? This only heightens my curiosity as to why we haven't heard this report.
April 20, 200917 yr There's no proof yet that Pitino even did anything. Don't hang onto that for too long. Pitino is a heck of a coach, but leaves a ton to be desired as a man.
April 20, 200917 yr Pitino is a heck of a coach, but leaves a ton to be desired as a man. I can certainly agree with you on that statement. I loved his coaching when he was at U.K. but thought he was an arrogant jerk of a human being. As I stated earlier, I hope for Pitino's family that he is cleared of any accusations.
April 20, 200917 yr No idea whether any of these rumors are true, but point shaving (if it happened) would help explain how a team with that much talent loses at home to WKU and UNLV. The bolded is the key phrase, I certainly hope that U.L. was not guilty of point shaving. I was under the impression that the troubles were more of a personal nature.
April 20, 200917 yr No idea whether any of these rumors are true, but point shaving (if it happened) would help explain how a team with that much talent loses at home to WKU and UNLV. To be fair, WKU is a reasonable loss.
April 20, 200917 yr To be fair, WKU is a reasonable loss.At a neutral site. UNLV is not a horrible team, either.
April 20, 200917 yr So does this rule out the Point Shaving allegations that were so conclusive due to sources or is that something completely different that we will hear about later. People have affairs everyday, while I do not nor do I condone them, I do not villify the others, why should this man be villified? Does every person that has an affair get fired from their job? Why are some calling for him to be fired at the mere mention of impropriety, without conclusive facts? I applaud WDRB for it restraint in withholding the speculative, and sensational from its brodcasts. I switched to WDRB over a year ago becasue they were not like the other stations, especially WHAS, Speculation and Sensationalism central. As far a LRP goes, why does it there have to be some dark secret to his taking a job at Florida? I would think that if all he ever did was coach with his dad, he would be no better than Pat Knight or Shawn Sutton. I would have encouraged him to get out from under my shadow and go make your own name. I fail to connect the conspiracy dots. But thats what these boards are for, even talk radio would not speculate to the degree we can here.
April 20, 200917 yr So does this rule out the Point Shaving allegations that were so conclusive due to sources or is that something completely different that we will hear about later. People have affairs everyday, while I do not nor do I condone them, I do not villify the others, why should this man be villified? Does every person that has an affair get fired from their job? Why are some calling for him to be fired at the mere mention of impropriety, without conclusive facts? I applaud WDRB for it restraint in withholding the speculative, and sensational from its brodcasts. I switched to WDRB over a year ago becasue they were not like the other stations, especially WHAS, Speculation and Sensationalism central. As far a LRP goes, why does it there have to be some dark secret to his taking a job at Florida? I would think that if all he ever did was coach with his dad, he would be no better than Pat Knight or Shawn Sutton. I would have encouraged him to get out from under my shadow and go make your own name. I fail to connect the conspiracy dots. But thats what these boards are for, even talk radio would not speculate to the degree we can here. Excellent post. :thumb:
April 20, 200917 yr I honestly hope there is no truth what so ever to any of these accusations. Rick Pitino was a child-hood hero of mine. I am not foolish enough to think that he is not capable of adultery or naive enough to think that this kind of thing does not happen often in the world today, but I will choose not to even consider any inappropriate behavior was done by Rick Pitino untill I hear it from a reliable source. If he made a mistake then I don't think we should be so quick to judge and if he sincerley appoligizes for his mistake then we must all realize he is human and had an error in judgment. I would hate for the University of Louisville, the city of Louisville, and the state of Kentucky to lose a quality person like Rick Pitino because of rumors and speculation.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.