Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino involved in an extortion attempt..

Featured Replies

^ It's like a chimney around Rick with rumors about cheating. From what I heard at least.

  • Replies 285
  • Views 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not this UK fan, I want to beat them when they're at there best. No fun in a 1 side rivalry IMO..

 

I also see no problem with Deuce defending his coach, but usually where there's smoke there's fire...Has Slick Rick been involved in any of these types of rumors before?

 

This UK fan does. I just like them to be inferior. I don't think but also don't know if Slick Rick has been involved in these type of rumors before. Not to my knowledge though.

Edited by Big Game Player
Miswording

From ESPN.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4080340

 

Pitino extortion attempt investigated

ESPN.com news services

 

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville coach Rick Pitino says he is the victim of an extortion attempt and has forwarded the information to the FBI.

 

Pitino reported the threats to authorities last month, and the FBI is investigating, the university said in a statement released Saturday. The statement did not specify the nature of the threats.

 

It appears the investigation could involve the estranged wife of one of Pitino's staff members, equipment manager Tim Sypher.

You're saying you've never judged someone before on floating rumors that weren't 100% true?

 

I've never said somebody was guilty until I knew for sure. :thumb:

Hope this is not true and can become just a person lying about the Coach, but I've had a basketball coach and two football coaches cheat on their wives and it cost them their positions at Bama. You cannot go into a recruits home and talk to their parents and look them in the eye.

 

Coaches believe they are above the common man and when they are approached by others need to remind themselves of their vows...this statement is NOT directed at Rick P but at all coaches/people who are well known actors/political figures/Pro players.

 

We need to not post things just to post and hurt people who love their school, until the truth can be heard and even then we need to look into the mirror. Believe me, I know what I am saying.

 

Sorry about the sermon, but only because I chose not to use scripture in this non Religion thread.

While having an affair is a horrible thing to do (if it is true) it is not a crime. At this point, Rick is guilty of nothing and if it does turn out he is guilty of an affair, then at worst, he is guilty of poor judgement or bad character. Not a crime. The person trying to extort him is the one guilty of a crime.

 

Hopefully, now that this is out in the news, it will move quickly to a resolution.

Hope this is not true and can become just a person lying about the Coach, but I've had a basketball coach and two football coaches cheat on their wives and it cost them their positions at Bama. You cannot go into a recruits home and talk to their parents and look them in the eye.

 

Coaches believe they are above the common man and when they are approached by others need to remind themselves of their vows...this statement is NOT directed at Rick P but at all coaches/people who are well known actors/political figures/Pro players.

 

We need to not post things just to post and hurt people who love their school, until the truth can be heard and even then we need to look into the mirror. Believe me, I know what I am saying.

 

Sorry about the sermon, but only because I chose not to use scripture in this non Religion thread.

 

 

:thumb:

I will say this has more to do with the woman's husband than it does UL basketball or Coach Pitino.

While having an affair is a horrible thing to do (if it is true) it is not a crime. At this point, Rick is guilty of nothing and if it does turn out he is guilty of an affair, then at worst, he is guilty of poor judgement or bad character. Not a crime. The person trying to extort him is the one guilty of a crime.

 

Hopefully, now that this is out in the news, it will move quickly to a resolution.

 

If it proven that he had an affair, will the UL continue to employee him to teach/coach their student athletes?

Looks like Pitino has took the media coverage back from Coach Cal.

If it proven that he had an affair, will the UL continue to employee him to teach/coach their student athletes?

 

If he were to be fired for that, I'd say that we'd probably lose a lot more staff/faculty. I'm CERTAIN he wouldn't have been the only one who had an affair.

If it proven that he had an affair, will the UL continue to employee him to teach/coach their student athletes?

 

I'm sure he will.

 

Why wouldn't he?

I will say this has more to do with the woman's husband than it does UL basketball or Coach Pitino.

 

:thumb:

The fact is Coach Pitino is guilty of nothing. The investigation was brought on by him. That's the facts, as of right now.

IFPitino has done something wrong and does not return as UL basketball coach Jurich short list is:

 

1. Coach Cal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.