9th Region Pitching

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could posters please list the school attended next to the name of the player? I enjoy following HS baseball, but there have been a few last names come up in the thread that I'm not familiar with.

1. Isler (CovCath)

2. Etschied (Ryle)

2 (tie) Nutini (CovCath)

4. Roenker (CovHoly Cross)

5. Hammons (Luclow)

A.J. Smith (Beechwood) will be up there also, but hasn't to the best of my knowledge pitched all that much due to a sprained ankle. BTW, he is the only other D1 signee (so far) from NKy this year.

1. Isler (CovCath)

2. Etschied (Ryle)

2 (tie) Nutini (CovCath)

5. Hammons (Luclow)

A.J. Smith (Beechwood) will be up there also, but hasn't to the best of my knowledge pitched all that much due to a sprained ankle. BTW, he is the only other D1 signee (so far) from NKy this year.

Will Shuttleworth (Conner) is also still out with an injury and should be up there by the end of the season. He, as well, is a D1 signee with Navy.

1. Isler (CovCath)

2. Etschied (Ryle)

2 (tie) Nutini (CovCath)

5. Hammons (Luclow)

Thanks so much for the help.

Against who though?

I know of 2 outings. He got the win working 5 innings of shutout baseball against Whitefield. He struck out 9. Whitefield has wins over Paintsville and Central this year. The catcher is being recruited by Louisville from what I was told.

He also pitched against a perennial power from Michigan, Blissfield High School. They have several state, regional and district championships. Beechwood lost 4-0, with 3 of the runs being unearned. I am not sure who else he has pitched against.

Not exactly the type of resume for one to be ranked a top 5 pitcher in NKY. I'm sure he throws fine, but top 5?? :confused:

Donovan from Ryle just threw a near complete game 1-run performance against the #7 team in the state this weekend. He also pitched very well against McNick and solidly against CCH earlier this year. He's not top 5 either, but probably deserving of top 10-12 at this point. Renda from Ryle has thrown 11+ innings to date, including 5 1/3 against the #11 team this weekend, and has given up 1 earned run. Also not top 5, but getting stronger with each outing.

As I posted my rankings were of pitchers I have seen. Of the pitchers I have seen so far he is top 5. Does that mean I am saying he is top 5 in the region? No. It's just saying I haven't seen that many pitchers.

Its pretty funny that the ONLY Division 1 pitcher signee in the 9th region isn't even in a lot of your alls top 5. AJ Smith has to be up there. Id say... Isler, Smith, Roenker (sp?), Nutini, and Etscheid (sp?). Thats just my opinion though.

Its pretty funny that the ONLY Division 1 pitcher signee in the 9th region isn't even in a lot of your alls top 5. AJ Smith has to be up there. Id say... Isler, Smith, Roenker (sp?), Nutini, and Etscheid (sp?). Thats just my opinion though.

Question to you sir; What has AJ done so far this season? Note that I said he will be a top five pitcher, but at the present time he is playing through an injury and as far as I know, he hasn't pitched that much. Am I right or am I wrong and if I am wrong, please tell me/us what he has done so far this season!