Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Pitching

Featured Replies

Could posters please list the school attended next to the name of the player? I enjoy following HS baseball, but there have been a few last names come up in the thread that I'm not familiar with.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could posters please list the school attended next to the name of the player? I enjoy following HS baseball, but there have been a few last names come up in the thread that I'm not familiar with.

 

 

1. Isler (CovCath)

2. Etschied (Ryle)

2 (tie) Nutini (CovCath)

4. Roenker (CovHoly Cross)

5. Hammons (Luclow)

 

A.J. Smith (Beechwood) will be up there also, but hasn't to the best of my knowledge pitched all that much due to a sprained ankle. BTW, he is the only other D1 signee (so far) from NKy this year.

1. Isler (CovCath)

2. Etschied (Ryle)

2 (tie) Nutini (CovCath)

4. Roenker (CovHoly Cross)

5. Hammons (Luclow)

 

A.J. Smith (Beechwood) will be up there also, but hasn't to the best of my knowledge pitched all that much due to a sprained ankle. BTW, he is the only other D1 signee (so far) from NKy this year.

 

 

Will Shuttleworth (Conner) is also still out with an injury and should be up there by the end of the season. He, as well, is a D1 signee with Navy.

AJ Smith has missed a start or two due to a sprained ankle. Josh Bertke of Beechwood has been pitching really good thus far.

AJ Smith has missed a start or two due to a sprained ankle. Josh Bertke of Beechwood has been pitching really good thus far.

 

Against who though?

1. Isler (CovCath)

2. Etschied (Ryle)

2 (tie) Nutini (CovCath)

4. Roenker (CovHoly Cross)

5. Hammons (Luclow)

 

A.J. Smith (Beechwood) will be up there also, but hasn't to the best of my knowledge pitched all that much due to a sprained ankle. BTW, he is the only other D1 signee (so far) from NKy this year.

 

Thanks so much for the help.

Against who though?

 

I know of 2 outings. He got the win working 5 innings of shutout baseball against Whitefield. He struck out 9. Whitefield has wins over Paintsville and Central this year. The catcher is being recruited by Louisville from what I was told.

 

He also pitched against a perennial power from Michigan, Blissfield High School. They have several state, regional and district championships. Beechwood lost 4-0, with 3 of the runs being unearned. I am not sure who else he has pitched against.

Jeramie Conner? How's he done this year?

 

Not quite as well as expected (pitching), but apparently tearing the cover off the baseball.

 

And seeing your Lloyd moniker reminds me that Dylan McGuire might desire some mention in this thread.

Jeramie Conner? How's he done this year?

 

I think he's 2-1 this year and yesterdays paper had him hitting 733!!

Not exactly the type of resume for one to be ranked a top 5 pitcher in NKY. I'm sure he throws fine, but top 5?? :confused:

 

Donovan from Ryle just threw a near complete game 1-run performance against the #7 team in the state this weekend. He also pitched very well against McNick and solidly against CCH earlier this year. He's not top 5 either, but probably deserving of top 10-12 at this point. Renda from Ryle has thrown 11+ innings to date, including 5 1/3 against the #11 team this weekend, and has given up 1 earned run. Also not top 5, but getting stronger with each outing.

 

As I posted my rankings were of pitchers I have seen. Of the pitchers I have seen so far he is top 5. Does that mean I am saying he is top 5 in the region? No. It's just saying I haven't seen that many pitchers.

  • Author
I think he's 2-1 this year and yesterdays paper had him hitting 733!!

 

Wow. He was 0fer against CovCath.

Wow. He was 0fer against CovCath.

 

Conner 2 PA

Against Isler 1st inning 4-3 ground out

Against Gerwe 4th inning FO 8

Its pretty funny that the ONLY Division 1 pitcher signee in the 9th region isn't even in a lot of your alls top 5. AJ Smith has to be up there. Id say... Isler, Smith, Roenker (sp?), Nutini, and Etscheid (sp?). Thats just my opinion though.

Its pretty funny that the ONLY Division 1 pitcher signee in the 9th region isn't even in a lot of your alls top 5. AJ Smith has to be up there. Id say... Isler, Smith, Roenker (sp?), Nutini, and Etscheid (sp?). Thats just my opinion though.

 

Question to you sir; What has AJ done so far this season? Note that I said he will be a top five pitcher, but at the present time he is playing through an injury and as far as I know, he hasn't pitched that much. Am I right or am I wrong and if I am wrong, please tell me/us what he has done so far this season!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.