Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the team that your team wants to beat more than anyone else?

Featured Replies

If I wouldn't have gotten hurt in 99, I doubt you would have beat us. Not that I made that much of a difference, but I think it just killed the momentum we had, we beat the number 19 team in the nation and blew out Boone, then they struggled after the wreck. As far as 01, if I hadn't gotten hurt, I'd be going both ways, same as 99 because they decided to play me both ways the day of the wreck, again I'm not saying I was great, but we would have been tough to beat

 

Well, if your strength, heart and courage during recovery is any example at all, you would have been unstoppable on the field. :ylsuper:

  • Replies 178
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For LexCath, I'd have to say "anyone that we play in a regional championship game"

No doubt when you're talking about Pikeville it's Belfry. We always wanted to beat them more than anyone we played. In recent years the Pikeville / Prestonsburg game has become really big. With the district we play in, we expect to win every single game, but get the most satisfaction from beating Paintsville and Hazard.

No doubt when you're talking about Pikeville it's Belfry. We always wanted to beat them more than anyone we played. In recent years the Pikeville / Prestonsburg game has become really big. With the district we play in, we expect to win every single game, but get the most satisfaction from beating Paintsville and Hazard.

Beating Pikeville on their home field on their senior night is my favorite win of all time. So for Paintsville I would say it is Pikeville.

Beating Pikeville on their home field on their senior night is my favorite win of all time. So for Paintsville I would say it is Pikeville.

Losing to Paintsville is unacceptable at Pikeville, you all have gotten us a couple of times, but only once in the past 20 years or so.

Losing to Paintsville is unacceptable at Pikeville, you all have gotten us a couple of times, but only once in the past 20 years or so.

Oh no doubt you all have had our number since we came back into the district, but the 2001 year was our year and I loved that game. Trust me I remember all of defeats you guys handed us as well.

It would have to be Durrett....no, Westport.... no Flaget. Hey, what year is this anyway????? Ha ha.

Yeah, but the day of the wreck, they decided to play me at reciever too going both ways. It might not have made a difference, it could have even had a negative effect, I might have been horrible, but, hypothetically, let's say that I was good, they wouldn't have been able to load up the box or even have many people near the line, which would have opened up the run game more, or the passing game might have just been wide open.

 

I'm not denying that had you not gotten hurt, you would have made a difference. Moving you to reciever would have given us more options in the air, you and dietz would have been a scary combination. I think we both know you would have been good or better. You're right in this would losened up the ground game a little, but no matter how good, 1 man can't make up for 6 or 7 guys, and in my mind we still couldn't have change the outcome of 41-7 or whatever it was to a win.

As far as beating st. x that year, we peaked way to early. I remeber the coaches pushing you all so hard especially during 2adays so that we would be more than ready for them. That is why we had so much trouble the rest of the year: because we peaked the first week of the season.

  • Author
Man... that "snake in the grass" play really stuck in your all's craw, didn't it ?!? :eek:

 

I'm looking forward to coming to Putnam this year. It ought to be a head knocker !!

 

:thumb:

 

You better believe it. But like I posted earlier thats not the play that beat us.

Covcath and any GCL team............

Well you won't ever beat the 3 big boys in the GCL so get over it.

It would have to be Durrett....no, Westport.... no Flaget. Hey, what year is this anyway????? Ha ha.

 

What about Thomas Jefferson? :lol:

I would love to see Lynn Camp end Whitley's streak. It's been too long. I know it's not a district game. But for former players and fans of LC, it would be nice to see Lynn Camp have braggin' rights for one year.

To see pineville beat middlesboro would be one of the biggest upsets around these parts in along time. i for one would love to see it.

Well you won't ever beat the 3 big boys in the GCL so get over it.

 

Please quit being so adversarial. The question was to the effect of what team would you like to beat. Katbird answered the question. Katbird did not say whether he or she thought they would beat one of the three big boys. The more some people post, the more their character shines through.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.