Who is the team that your team wants to beat more than anyone else?

IronCat

Sandman, with all do respect. Dixie does not even come close to being one of the bigger rivals for Cov Cath. Even though they have had the losses you refer to. For Dixie it is a HUGE game. Dixie is very good, but it is not just there for the fans, players, alumni of Cov Cath. Clearly Highlands, and the GCL schools are up there. Have spoken to many Dixie students, players and alumni. Playing Cov Cath is definately their biggest game in all sports. Now baseball is a different story, Cov Cath's rival is Dixie. But not in any other sport. By the way you have some of the best posts on here. You clearly are a fan of Northern Ky. High School sports that always has positive things to say and is never pulled into some of the mud slinging that takes place.

:walk:

I guess that means I have to be nice.... :laugh: I can see where your coming from, if we still had to go thru HHS every to get out of the region I would probably feel the same way. Since moving up in Class 4A we haven't developed any real grudge matches, though I think BC would have to be the number one contender for a new rivalry. Conner and Ryle too, Ryle maybe more so, they always play us tuff and tempers seem to flare in those games. I guess when someone beats you for 25 years straight it leaves a taste in your mouth, that and most of the kids have been rivals or neighbors since kindergarten.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paintsville and JC always like to beat each other badly!

Even though the game has lost a lot of its significance over the decades, I would like to see Ashland beat Ironton again! It has been to infrequent over the last 2 decades! But I know this isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

I know P-burg would love a win over Belfry!