Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the team that your team wants to beat more than anyone else?

Featured Replies

As much as it pains me to say it, Dixie should have beaten us in 99. Even if you hadn't gotten in the wreck after Beechwood, they stopped the running game and trapted us in the box and we couldn't get out. I do believe we won in 01, its just that we haven't since.

As much as I hate to admit it, your right, I looked it up. CCh won in 00 and 01. My bad, sorry to misinform. Dixie has only won 4 of the last 6. Don't know where I came up with 5?

  • Replies 178
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to admit it, your right, I looked it up. CCh won in 00 and 01. My bad, sorry to misinform. Dixie has only won 4 of the last 6. Don't know where I came up with 5?

BTW- This just proves my point, I wanted to beat CCH so bad I changed one of the previous scores! :lol:

Well I would say that Leslie has Breathitt and Middlesboro circled on their calendars, especially M-boro. Looking for payback to get that bad taste out of their mouth. :fire:

  • Author

Welcome to BGP 58!!

As much as it pains me to say it, Dixie should have beaten us in 99. Even if you hadn't gotten in the wreck after Beechwood, they stopped the running game and trapted us in the box and we couldn't get out. I do believe we won in 01, its just that we haven't since.

Yeah, but the day of the wreck, they decided to play me at reciever too going both ways. It might not have made a difference, it could have even had a negative effect, I might have been horrible, but, hypothetically, let's say that I was good, they wouldn't have been able to load up the box or even have many people near the line, which would have opened up the run game more, or the passing game might have just been wide open.

 

You were a great athlete and even nicer young man back then Mr. Fritz, and I would give just about anything to find out if you were right. As is usually the case, there was alot of history stuff back then. You had seniors Schnieder, Blackwell, and one other senior (I can't think of his name right now), that went to CCH and transfered to Dixie on the '99 team. Metzger, who went to CCH with you as a freshman and then transfered to Dixie started in both the 99 and 01 games.

 

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot, and I do think about it a lot. I would also give anything, with the exception of taking another person's life or harming another person, to see what I would have done in life. Just caught a bad break in life

I think for Lynn Camp the team that we want to beat more than anyone else is Williamsburg, and Whitley County.

I think we could put Middlesboro on that list. We always come up short there, too.

Man... that "snake in the grass" play really stuck in your all's craw, didn't it ?!? :eek:

 

I'm looking forward to coming to Putnam this year. It ought to be a head knocker !!

 

:thumb:

There are two ways to look at that play: The first is whatever it takes to win. If the coach can look into his players eyes and tell them it is alright to use plays such as the"snake in the grass" what can I say?

The second is to admit it was cheap play and it stole a win from the better team!

Well I would say that Leslie has Breathitt and Middlesboro circled on their calendars, especially M-boro. Looking for payback to get that bad taste out of their mouth. :fire:

For sure can't wait to get them 2 teams.

  • Author
There are two ways to look at that play: The first is whatever it takes to win. If the coach can look into his players eyes and tell them it is alright to use plays such as the"snake in the grass" what can I say?

The second is to admit it was cheap play and it stole a win from the better team!

 

That play was a play that I dont see how a coach could find it inside himself to call. However, I dont think it was the play that beat Ashland. If we get another first down on our last offensive drive we win that football game. But we had a fumble and turned it over and Pburg took advantage of our mistake. Im not blaming the Running backs in the least, the conditions were extremely bad. And for those of you who know who I am I have one of those freak mistakes under my belt too.

You were a great athlete and even nicer young man back then Mr. Fritz, and I would give just about anything to find out if you were right. As is usually the case, there was alot of history stuff back then. You had seniors Schnieder, Blackwell, and one other senior (I can't think of his name right now), that went to CCH and transfered to Dixie on the '99 team. Metzger, who went to CCH with you as a freshman and then transfered to Dixie started in both the 99 and 01 games.

 

 

Mr. Fritz........

 

Have a nice night. :thumb:

P-burg and Belfry game IMO the best in mountians this rivalry( I know of ) sence the 1934 game P-burg was 10-0-1 one tie was to a big rival down the big sandy Belfry 7-7 was the score. My grandfather who was a all-state lineman for P-burg told me that a player for Belfry ran into a crowd of poeple at the game and came out near the endzone and scored. In 1934 the fields were only marked once a season, yet like big games happen later that season. Stands if there were any at all for the poeple who came, could not support the amount of poeple, so like today the fans, parents, and poeple who came made up for the side line in a big game like that. It was funning when I heard it, but it was true back in thoses days. Like in the days of old and now beating Belfry is big time thing.

Beechwood!! Beechwood!! Beechwood!! If the Panthers of Ludlow could only win 1 game the rest of my lifetime then I want them to beat the Tigers just one more time.

During the 50's, 60's, 70's and early 80's it was always a very competitive game and

both sides traded victories thru the years. Of course that has changed and Ludlow has not won in over 20 years and in many cases they have walked away humiliated by

crushing defeats at the hands of the Tigers. So hands down it is Beechwood. I just can't decide if I want it to happen on our field with all of our fans storming the field

and watching them walk back to their bus with their heads hanging or if I want it to happen on their field so we can all storm the fancy field turf and make them have to watch us celebrate at their field and maybe even tear down their goal post. Either

way really would be fine with me. All I want is for it to happen one more time..

 

Calm down Zig! I remember those days too. Nothing lasts forever, as much as we Tigers would like to think it does. I am sure you will see it. Hope it is not till my kids graduate though. Tearing down the goal post would be a bad idea. Not completely paid for yet. :banana:

 

As for me, I would like to see Beechwood beat Highlands. Can't imagine it ever happening, but you gotta have a dream! :ylsuper:

i would do anything to see the mason county royals upset the panthers, but im not sure its possible right now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.