Bishop Brossart

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the school has the issue of the principle opening to fill first. I am sure that this will be kept very private until they are sure they have this one right. Brossart cannot miss on this hire because coach Dawn at NCC will have them beating down the doors to play for him. Two programs going in opposite directions. Good luck to the Mustangs on this.

If there are no teaching position available, they will have to hire another para-professional with no one on the faculty on the coaching staff. Not the best situation for all concerned, but the administration does not seem to have any one on staff that wants (or will be considered) for the position.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

This is a huge hire for the Mustangs. Coach Dawn has changed the landscape of this situation. However......the longer they wait they will lose 8th graders who are on the fence between NCC and Brossart.

Mustang do you have a take on this? Hey maybe I can start the Mustang come out of retirement chant!!!!!!!!!

This is a huge hire for the Mustangs. Coach Dawn has changed the landscape of this situation. However......the longer they wait they will lose 8th graders who are on the fence between NCC and Brossart.

Mustang do you have a take on this? Hey maybe I can start the Mustang come out of retirement chant!!!!!!!!!

Did I miss something?? Who did they hire??

It will definitely be crucial to get the right person in there. They are losing a lot of good players right now, but there are some who might come out with the right hire. Either way NCC has a big advantage right now.

NewCath has gotten the best players from the "swing" parish for the last decade. This isn't something that has just happened. They will continue to get them as long as they continue to win.

NewCath has gotten the best players from the "swing" parish for the last decade. This isn't something that has just happened. They will continue to get them as long as they continue to win.

This is a great point. The pipeline to the NCC girls program from the "Swing Parish" has been full and loaded with talent for the last decade. I don't see anything changing with Coach Dawn taking over on the Hill or whoever gets the job at Brossart.

Saying this is a "big hire" may facilitate an appearance by the Captain. It may take a couple seasons to change the course of the Mustang girls' program and the right hire here is imperative.

The 'Swing Parish' is loaded with talent right now and most of the girls IMO are locks to go to the school on the hill regardless of who coaches at BBHS. And there are a couple that will be Mustangs regardless. Most have older siblings, deep roots or other reasons to attend either school. Keep in mind that swing school also sends kids to 6 or 7 different highschools almost every year. In the past I think that the coach or the program made a huge difference as to where the girls attended, but that is just not the case for the next 2 years.

The southern schools compete mostly against CCHS with one or two going to NCC. The St. Mary 7th grade team won the Diocese tournament this year and I'm guessing most will go to BBHS. Leaving the new coach with a good base for building a good program.