Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

Except Mitch Barnhart has done a great job with every program thus far...

 

Really? UK just lost in the Quarterfinals of the NIT and UK Football, while better, is still a low-level conference team.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? UK just lost in the Quarterfinals of the NIT and UK Football, while better, is still a low-level conference team.

 

Yup, really.

 

The baseball team is nationally ranked & is now a strong team in a premier baseball conference.

 

 

The football team has won 3 straight bowl gamesfor what, the 2nd time in the program's history? They continue to get better and, for the first time in a long time, there is a sense of stability & pride within (and surrounding) the football program.

 

The basketball team has been struggling, both mens & womens; however, I think Gillispie, while missing the tournament, has still done a decent job of recruiting the type of talent that we need in Lexington and making the program attractive (again) to young, talented players (and their parents).

Really? UK just lost in the Quarterfinals of the NIT and UK Football, while better, is still a low-level conference team.

 

There are more sports at UK besides basketball and football. Let's take a quick glance:

 

A low-level SEC team is still better than most in football. I have been quite proud of UK football lately - of course I grew up to my fair share of 3-8, 4-7 and 5-6 teams...

 

Basketball is bad this season, no doubt.

 

Baseball has been on the map for several seasons now. I think things have been great in baseball.

 

The cheerleaders won the national championship...again

 

Tennis is nationally ranked.

 

Rifle team was the national runner-up

 

Men's Soccer team just had an historic 12-win season where they finished #21 in the nation and conference runner-ups; also 25th in national attendance.

 

Women's softball is currently 20-8

 

Women's volleyball was 26-6 last season

 

Some track athletes have set national records in the past 2 years.

Really? UK just lost in the Quarterfinals of the NIT and UK Football, while better, is still a low-level conference team.

 

 

UK women's basketball beat Tennessee this year!!! :clap::banana::thumb::eek::dancingpa

UK women's basketball beat Tennessee this year!!! :clap::banana::thumb::eek::dancingpa
So did Ball State ... :lol:
So did Ball State ... :lol:

 

Who made it to the tournament.....:puke:

Except Mitch Barnhart has done a great job with every program thus far...

 

That is very true. But if this doesn't pan out and BCG leaves, this one is partly on Mitch's shoulders.

Except Mitch Barnhart has done a great job with every program thus far...

 

I do agree with that he did a good job with other programs. But, you know as well as I do, what the BIG program is at UK. But, I think Barnhart might have learned a lesson on the basketball hire last time and use more resources this time.

There are more sports at UK besides basketball and football. Let's take a quick glance:

 

A low-level SEC team is still better than most in football. I have been quite proud of UK football lately - of course I grew up to my fair share of 3-8, 4-7 and 5-6 teams...

 

Basketball is bad this season, no doubt.

 

Baseball has been on the map for several seasons now. I think things have been great in baseball.

 

The cheerleaders won the national championship...again

 

Tennis is nationally ranked.

 

Rifle team was the national runner-up

 

Men's Soccer team just had an historic 12-win season where they finished #21 in the nation and conference runner-ups; also 25th in national attendance.

 

Women's softball is currently 20-8

 

Women's volleyball was 26-6 last season

 

Some track athletes have set national records in the past 2 years.

 

:thumb: Well done!!!! Especially considering what many of these sports USED to be like. They were not competitive. Cheerleading is the obvious exception, but the athletic department as a whole is MUCH improved. Mitch has done a great job. However, if the BCG situation doesn't work out, he has to take part of the blame.

:thumb: Well done!!!! Especially considering what many of these sports USED to be like. They were not competitive. Cheerleading is the obvious exception, but the athletic department as a whole is MUCH improved. Mitch has done a great job. However, if the BCG situation doesn't work out, he has to take part of the blame.

 

I think he probably made a bad hire because we were in a rush and he had some bad information. That doesn't necessarily mean that Gillispie is a bad coach, but probably just a bad fit for Kentucky.

I really don't think Billy is going to have a hard time finding another job. Most people thought he was a good hire when he came here. I think good coach bad fit is exactly what happened.

I think he probably made a bad hire because we were in a rush and he had some bad information. That doesn't necessarily mean that Gillispie is a bad coach, but probably just a bad fit for Kentucky.

 

I really don't think Billy is going to have a hard time finding another job. Most people thought he was a good hire when he came here. I think good coach bad fit is exactly what happened.

 

I think that about sums it up.

It was sarcasm for crankiness.

 

I understand you'll believe who you want and that's fine with me.

 

End of story.

 

No crankiness here. Just because I don't believe you doesn't mean I'm cranky. It means I don't believe you. I have no reason to.

IMO he whould have been givin 1 more year to get all his recruits and see what he could of done. However my inside sorces tell me that he made numerous STUPID choices off the court. He has also been a complete jerk to all reporters and is giving UK a bad rep. Being head coach is about more than just winning basketball games ( and he isnt even doing that).

IMO he whould have been givin 1 more year to get all his recruits and see what he could of done. However my inside sorces tell me that he made numerous STUPID choices off the court. He has also been a complete jerk to all reporters and is giving UK a bad rep. Being head coach is about more than just winning basketball games ( and he isnt even doing that).

 

Thanks for clearing that up for us, and giving us new information we haven't heard before. :lol::D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.