March 26, 200917 yr Perhaps you should read everything before anyone says that I am wrong. This is a message board. I am providing you, and all others, with information that I get from inside and around the athletic department. Not only do things change on a daily basis, but they can hourly as well. Gillispie never intended on stepping down or away from the program, but wouldn't agree to terms that Barnhart (and Todd) wanted from the coach of the university. He was not fired because of his demeanor towards players, their families, or Jeanine Edwards. ESPN just reported the reason was interpersonal relationships
March 26, 200917 yr Author ESPN just reported the reason was interpersonal relationships Pat Forde says that is what he is hearing. You can believe whomever you want. Gillispie wasn't fired because he didn't get along with Edwards. Was he asked to be more personable in front of the camera? You bet. But that was not the point of him no longer being coach.
March 26, 200917 yr Author Your sources jumped around, A LOT. Four sources that all had their portfolio of work? That's not jumping around - that's variety. :thumb:
March 26, 200917 yr Well, if true, i hope that everyone that wanted him gone will be satisfied with lost recruits and players leaving. I think coach G is being done very wrong. The AD and president of UK should be fired also. Here's to coach G taking the Georgia job and taking his recruits with him and beating UK for years to come. This program is no longer top class. A top class program backs their coaches and doesnt cow tow to fanatical fans. Our fans are a disgrace to college basketball. We chase away a coach that was given only 2 seasons to try and rebuild. He only got in 1 class. What coach wants to be put under that kind of pressure? We will not get any big name coach here with this fanbase.
March 26, 200917 yr Seriously, why is everyone questioning SSF sources? What has happened has happened and his sources has a 50% chance to be right as well as all the others and our own opinions. Let it die. Not only has the coaching fiasco been a circus, the reliabilty of sources has also been a circus. I give everyone a pass and say Congrats to everyone for being right.
March 26, 200917 yr Author What were the terms he wouldn't agree to? That I don't know and I am not going to pretend to. I'm sure it had to do with things involving his persona and the way he handled himself as the ambassador, among other things.
March 26, 200917 yr Seriously, why is everyone questioning SSF sources? What has happened has happened and his sources has a 50% chance to be right as well as all the others and our own opinions. Let it die. Not only has the coaching fiasco been a circus, the reliabilty of sources has also been a circus. I give everyone a pass and say Congrats to everyone for being right. Why does it bother you who questions one's sources? I trust very few people who claim to have "sources" that they can not reveal. I trust about 2-3 people on this site with "sources". Everyone wasn't right. :lol:
March 26, 200917 yr Well, if true, i hope that everyone that wanted him gone will be satisfied with lost recruits and players leaving. I think coach G is being done very wrong. The AD and president of UK should be fired also. Here's to coach G taking the Georgia job and taking his recruits with him and beating UK for years to come. This program is no longer top class. A top class program backs their coaches and doesnt cow tow to fanatical fans. Our fans are a disgrace to college basketball. We chase away a coach that was given only 2 seasons to try and rebuild. He only got in 1 class. What coach wants to be put under that kind of pressure? We will not get any big name coach here with this fanbase. AMEN, only I don't want UGA to beat UK. But good luck to BCG, I feel extremely bad for him.
March 26, 200917 yr Well, if true, i hope that everyone that wanted him gone will be satisfied with lost recruits and players leaving. I think coach G is being done very wrong. The AD and president of UK should be fired also. Here's to coach G taking the Georgia job and taking his recruits with him and beating UK for years to come. This program is no longer top class. A top class program backs their coaches and doesnt cow tow to fanatical fans. Our fans are a disgrace to college basketball. We chase away a coach that was given only 2 seasons to try and rebuild. He only got in 1 class. What coach wants to be put under that kind of pressure? We will not get any big name coach here with this fanbase. When everything comes out, I'm sure you'll be changing you views. In fact, I'm sure you will. If, your even a UK fan.
March 26, 200917 yr Author Seriously, why is everyone questioning SSF sources? What has happened has happened and his sources has a 50% chance to be right as well as all the others and our own opinions. Let it die. Not only has the coaching fiasco been a circus, the reliabilty of sources has also been a circus. I give everyone a pass and say Congrats to everyone for being right. Wow! How ever grateful I am for your geniune understanding. Sources can be right and wrong. True. Let's let it die. It's now over and the speculation for who will be the new coach just begins. I think I hear my phone ringing and my sources name on the caller ID right now.. :sssh:
March 26, 200917 yr When everything comes out, I'm sure you'll be changing you views. In fact, I'm sure you will. If, your even a UK fan. Yeah, Gillispie hasn't exactly been Billy of Nazareth :lol:
March 26, 200917 yr Why does it bother you who questions one's sources? I trust very few people who claim to have "sources" that they can not reveal. I trust about 2-3 people on this site with "sources". Everyone wasn't right. :lol: Go to bed, I wasn't pointing you out. LOL It is basically everyone trying to belittle everyone for putting up their sources and for my .02 I'll believe it when it comes out of the horses mouth. Anything else is just speculation.
March 26, 200917 yr Author Why does it bother you who questions one's sources? I trust very few people who claim to have "sources" that they can not reveal. I trust about 2-3 people on this site with "sources". Everyone wasn't right. :lol: Read LABS sources information. And then read what DK says before LABS says it. I'm perfectly fine you questioning sources. But to say I was wrong when I provided things from four different people is just not rational.
March 26, 200917 yr Sounds like most of your information correlates directly with DK... Dave Kersey? Cmon dude. They steal info left and right. I posted same thing over there along with BCG telling team he was leaving...and the thread got yanked. Now MM has it up...confirmed...what a joke. My source is inside the lockerroom...matter a fact it comes from two people removed from one of the GA's that BCG brought with him from A&M. The GA said it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.