March 27, 200917 yr I agree just stating the resumes are similar and now hes in the Big 12 too, kind of funny. So would he be mentioned, IMO, probably. But not nearly as much, obviously. But you said he would be the best hire in your opinion. :confused:
March 27, 200917 yr But you said he would be the best hire in your opinion. :confused: Maybe 98 does not want to be wrong about saying "It aint hap'nin" in reference to BD a few weeks back...:sssh: If Donovan has changed his mind and wants to come to UK now, I doubt there would be much trouble getting it done...assuming there is an opening. Considering what the situation will be if Gillispie leaves or is fired, I don't see UK doing any better than Donovan if that becomes a real option. Question: Say Gillispie does leave. Would landing Donovan keep PP and Meeks around for another year? And, how would it affect the recruiting situation? Its not so much about being sold as what we can get. And, if UK is looking for a new coach in a week or two, I suspect Billy D would be about as good as we could hope to get. JMO At this point the likelihood would be yes. It aint hap'nin so I wouldn't worry too much about this scenario, lol. Although I do agree with almost all of what 98 has said in the past on BD. And I believe he is also on record stating that he does not have the same level of info this time around.
March 27, 200917 yr 1:30 PM News by Matt Jones @ 1:24 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions Here is what is happening (besides the server crashing)…. — WKYT has reported that an afternoon meeting between Billy Clyde, Mitch and Lee will be taking place. Is this the meeting where we all come together or where we all fall apart? I guess we shall see. — There is still a chance of a late afternoon press conference or release and we will let you know as soon as that is made clear. — I was told by a national source of good reputation that Billy Donovan was “mulling a decision” today, but no more details were given. Decide what you wish about that. Hang in there….we should know more soon. http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?cat=1
March 27, 200917 yr YeahI agree with that. That's why I said long term solution. If you want to go through this again in 3 or 4 years then by all means BD might be your guy. But adding a 4th coach in 7 years is again ridiculous too isn't it? I'm thinking after a two year debacle you want something long term, IMO Donovan is not that guy. This could be his 4th job in 4 years (Fla, Magic, back to Fla, UK) Just saying he's not the most stable of coaches. You make a valid point. But hasn't Donovan been there since 1999? That's ten years at Florida. Yes he had that spectacular 2007 Spring (Magic, UK UF) but he has been at one school longer than Pitino and every bit as long as Tubby was at UK. Are Ten years no longer stable? (Not to be confused with the Rock Group Ten years After.
March 27, 200917 yr Are Ten years no longer stable? (Not to be confused with the Rock Group Ten years After. I'm not sure anybody was confused about that!
March 27, 200917 yr I'm not sure anybody was confused about that! Only old goats like us. "I'm going home, to see my baby . . ." Ten Years After.
March 27, 200917 yr You make a valid point. But hasn't Donovan been there since 1999? That's ten years at Florida. Yes he had that spectacular 2007 Spring (Magic, UK UF) but he has been at one school longer than Pitino and every bit as long as Tubby was at UK. Are Ten years no longer stable? (Not to be confused with the Rock Group Ten years After. Wasn't he somewhere else before Florida? Marshall maybe.
March 27, 200917 yr Wasn't he somewhere else before Florida? Marshall maybe. Billy D began his career at Marshall straight from the UK staff. I think he went there in '96 or '95. They played UK in '96 with him there. I think Billy D went to Florida in '98 or so because he took them to the Final Four in 2000.
March 27, 200917 yr Wasn't he somewhere else before Florida? Marshall maybe. Yes. He left Kentucky to be the head coach at Marshall. He was there during the '94-95 and '95-96 seasons. His Thundering Herd team played UK once or twice; maybe one time at Freedom Hall?
March 27, 200917 yr Yes. He left Kentucky to be the head coach at Marshall. He was there during the '94-95 and '95-96 seasons. His Thundering Herd team played UK once or twice; maybe one time at Freedom Hall? Once in Rupp the night of a big snow storm...
March 27, 200917 yr Yes. He left Kentucky to be the head coach at Marshall. He was there during the '94-95 and '95-96 seasons. His Thundering Herd team played UK once or twice; maybe one time at Freedom Hall? Once in Rupp the night of a big snow storm... Looks like two meetings between UK and Billy Donovan at Marshall: December 27, 1994 @ Rupp - Kentucky 116, Marshall 75 December 19, 1995 @ Freedom Hall - Kentucky 118, Marshall 99
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.