Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

IF Donovan comes doesn't that give UK 3-5 years to see if Pelphry or Ford would be able to cut it at a bigger school? Basically they get a 4 yeard job interview to become the next UK coach. If Donovan comes and it's only for 3-5 years UK would be in better shape than they are today.

 

Side question: How many NBA teams are going to be willing to let it go what he did to the Magic? Especially if there aren't any successful college to the NBA coaching jumps between now and then.

YeahI agree with that. That's why I said long term solution. If you want to go through this again in 3 or 4 years then by all means BD might be your guy. But adding a 4th coach in 7 years is again ridiculous too isn't it? I'm thinking after a two year debacle you want something long term, IMO Donovan is not that guy. This could be his 4th job in 4 years (Fla, Magic, back to Fla, UK) Just saying he's not the most stable of coaches.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 loses in 2 years

5th place finish in SEC East

4 of the worst loses in UK history in just 2 years

Early exit of SEC tournment

Left out of NCAA tournment for 1st time in 18 years!

:deadhorse:

 

Also add to that embarressment of the university to the national media.

 

If Billy G stays there would be no players left as the would all go else where.

I thought Travis Ford was the guy when they hired Billy G-He has done well @ Oaklahoma State and knows what Kentucky Basketball is all about!

I would be willing to bet if we get Ford, and Patterson -Meeks comeback we will make a run for the final 8 at least next season. I don't think the players respect or like Billy!

YeahI agree with that. That's why I said long term solution. If you want to go through this again in 3 or 4 years then by all means BD might be your guy. But adding a 4th coach in 7 years is again ridiculous too isn't it? I'm thinking after a two year debacle you want something long term, IMO Donovan is not that guy. This could be his 4th job in 4 years (Fla, Magic, back to Fla, UK) Just saying he's not the most stable of coaches.

 

 

Would Ford even come close to being considered if he weren't a UK grad? I think everyone knows the answer to that, and for that reason I don't think he's a good hire at this time.

Would Ford even come close to being considered if he weren't a UK grad? I think everyone knows the answer to that, and for that reason I don't think he's a good hire at this time.

 

 

Agree 100%

I thought Travis Ford was the guy when they hired Billy G-He has done well @ Oaklahoma State and knows what Kentucky Basketball is all about!

 

Ford becoming UK's coach was discussed last weekend when Okla. State played in Dayton was told by people who are close very clsoe to the Okla. State program that would not happen. The reason was that the biggest college booster is the country T. Boone Pickins loved coach Ford and that there would not be enough money for that to occur. So unless he wants to come to a place with all of this pressure to win right now and loose a lot of money to what he would be offered to stay at Okla. State I do not see this happening.

YeahI agree with that. That's why I said long term solution. If you want to go through this again in 3 or 4 years then by all means BD might be your guy. But adding a 4th coach in 7 years is again ridiculous too isn't it? I'm thinking after a two year debacle you want something long term, IMO Donovan is not that guy. This could be his 4th job in 4 years (Fla, Magic, back to Fla, UK) Just saying he's not the most stable of coaches.

 

It's a big assumption IMO that Donovan would go to the league. It's an even bigger assumption that anyone in the league would hire him after his Orlando fiasco. If he did come to UK and make the leap I'm guessing UK fans would be ok w/ it b/c he would have to have big success to be considered again for the league. While it isn't ideal to look for a coach again in 4 years it does give Ford and/or Pelphry a good chance to prove their worth. I would be ok w/ Donovan reaching a final four or two and bolting for the NBA. IMO if he never went to the league he would be here 10 years.

Would Ford even come close to being considered if he weren't a UK grad? I think everyone knows the answer to that, and for that reason I don't think he's a good hire at this time.
Is his resume all that much different the Gillispie's was?
It's a big assumption IMO that Donovan would go to the league. It's an even bigger assumption that anyone in the league would hire him after his Orlando fiasco. If he did come to UK and make the leap I'm guessing UK fans would be ok w/ it b/c he would have to have big success to be considered again for the league. While it isn't ideal to look for a coach again in 4 years it does give Ford and/or Pelphry a good chance to prove their worth. I would be ok w/ Donovan reaching a final four or two and bolting for the NBA. IMO if he never went to the league he would be here 10 years.
He'll be in the NBA sooner rather than later.
Is his resume all that much different the Gillispie's was?

 

 

So why make the same mistake again? Doesn't make sense.

Is his resume all that much different the Gillispie's was?

Don't forget he is as big of a jerk as BG and that is the reason most want him gone. Doesn't make since to me.:ohbrother:

So why make the same mistake again? Doesn't make sense.

I agree just stating the resumes are similar and now hes in the Big 12 too, kind of funny.

 

So would he be mentioned, IMO, probably. But not nearly as much, obviously.

He'll be in the NBA sooner rather than later.

 

While I agree w/ you to an extent what executive right now is looking at him? He's missed two straight dances and passed on an opportunity to stay in Florida w/ a young talented roster. If he misses the NCAA tourney next year that would be 3 straight. Not a ton of coaches go from the NCAA to the NBA anyway. Especially if they are playing in the NIT on a regular basis. It may be his desire to go there and if so that's even more of a reason to come to UK. My desire is to retire at age 30 as a multimillionare. Unless I hit the lottery before December it isn't happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.