Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

Here's my take before I go. The sticking point in all of this has been the contract, and if Gillispie said no on signing it a week ago I can't see that changing after all that transpired since the last meeting. That just doesn't add up to me.

 

I still think he has coached his last game at UK, but if they did put all of their eggs in the Billy D basket and got shunned again, who knows.

 

All the box cars with the animals have arrived. The circus is officially in town...

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maggard now saying BCG has one more chance to save his job and that it could be a result of the targeted replacement not wanting it. What a mess... :popcorn:

 

GT why are you backing out now? :irked:

I have no idea what is going on, reading all of this is driving me insane. I guess I need to step back and wait for something official. :idunno: :confused: :isurrender: :isurrender: :isurrender:

 

I would honestly love for my internet to go out and not come back on until about 5:00 tomorrow afternoon!:rolleyes:

  • Author

- Gillispie never asked out three weeks ago and wanted to be the coach since then.

- Didn't agree with original contract.

- RUMORS that Donovan isn't so sure on coming; changes to possible Gillispie contract possible.

 

Everything is speculation people.

So basically we are right back where we started then?

I'm leaving for a few hours. I hope something is official when I get back. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to be the case.

  • Author

With everything going back and forth, I think it will be really hard to stay as coach for Gillispie.

 

This has turned into a circus and Barnhart isn't doing a good job and fixing it.

 

Very strange times are ahead.

With everything going back and forth, I think it will be really hard to stay as coach for Gillispie.

 

This has turned into a circus and Barnhart isn't doing a good job and fixing it.

 

Very strange times are ahead.

 

Something we all can agree on. It's a shame though.

Please let him be gone is all I want.

With everything going back and forth, I think it will be really hard to stay as coach for Gillispie.

 

This has turned into a circus and Barnhart isn't doing a good job and fixing it.

 

Very strange times are ahead.

 

I think the bold could be a factor. It certainly appears that everyone is dead-set against the man. It would be difficult to work in that situation. However, if there is anyone who would probably do it, I'd say it's Gillispie. He seems bullheaded and removed enough that he probably could coach the team with nobody liking him.

 

So in conclusion...I have no idea!:D

In my opinion the new coach has already been chosen and the deal is done. It will either be Donovan or Pitino. Hopefully Pitino who was first choice. I think if Donavan is the new coach it will be announced soon but if Pitino is the man they will wait until Louisville's season is over.

 

Pitino is going nowhere, except to the Final Four!

With everything going back and forth, I think it will be really hard to stay as coach for Gillispie.

 

This has turned into a circus and Barnhart isn't doing a good job and fixing it.

 

Very strange times are ahead.

The big tent is definitely here.

 

I'm with you. With everything that has transpired it seems that BCG would have a very hard time staying. Signs are pointing towards Mitch/Lee wanted Donovan and nobody else. If that's the case I don't really know why they are so reluctant to move on towards Calipari?

He should have never been hired, he should have been gone the minute after the ND loss.

Well...I can squash at least one rumor for sure.

 

I have a friend that actually works in the athletic office and he just went over to check out the rumor of the assistant coach(s) moving out of their offices. It's 100% false and as a matter of fact, two of the assistants were sitting in on of the offices chatting.

 

So, there you have the truth to one of the rumors...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.