March 26, 200917 yr Amen. But we have seen this before. Ask Sean Sutton or Saul Smith how they were treated by some fans. Saul played his heart out all the time and was lambasted by numerous fans. Michael Porter may not be a great PG, but he is a fine representative of the University of Kentucky. :thumb: I don't understand why some of our own fans say the things they say about Porter. He was recruited here and his playing time is given by the coach. People act as if Porter is running the show. He is doing what he is told and he doesn't have control. Time to leave Porter a lone and if you are going to down him think first Tubby recruited him and BCG played him lay the blame were it is needed.
March 26, 200917 yr Michael Porter is behind closed doors with Mitch as we speak, negotiating a new contract to be player-coach.:eek: Actually, I am all for Porter coming back to be a part of the team. He is a great kid.:thumb:
March 26, 200917 yr I hope Porter does come back..... Porter would be a fan favorite under different circumstances..............I hope he comes back for his sr. season as well as he seems to be a class act, plus he has played pretty well lately.
March 26, 200917 yr Where did you hear/see that at? I'm waiting for the answer on this too Wireman.:confused:
March 26, 200917 yr I don't know about anyone else but imo Mitch Barnhart should be on thin ice as well. He hires BCG and let it go without a signed contract, that in itself threw up a red flag for me. Yes, the man (M.B.) hired M. DeMoss but also lost her, same with Coach Cohen with the baseball program and jmo now is that there maybe was more to it than them (coaches) "just wanted to make a move". I don't think anyone can get along with Barnhart. Also, no matter what anyone wants to say about him leavin gon his own, Tubby was "pushed out" and Barnhart was a big part of that. So, I am questioning Barnhart's ability as well. I have the feelng that there is no one within the university that can get along with him except for R. Brooks . I have always felt that Barnhart wants to be at U.T., no inside info or link, just a feeling I have. I think I may start referring to him as Mitch "Brainfart". I think it really is just they wanted to make a move. We got to realize that our other sport programs here at UK are just stepping stone jobs for people. People will come here, build a name and then go on to a more establised program.
March 26, 200917 yr Author Link? From numerous other sites (TCP is now saying it, but I heard elsewhere before.) I am just stating information as I receive it.
March 26, 200917 yr Well, if true, i hope that everyone that wanted him gone will be satisfied with lost recruits and players leaving. I think coach G is being done very wrong. The AD and president of UK should be fired also. Here's to coach G taking the Georgia job and taking his recruits with him and beating UK for years to come. This program is no longer top class. A top class program backs their coaches and doesnt cow tow to fanatical fans. Our fans are a disgrace to college basketball. We chase away a coach that was given only 2 seasons to try and rebuild. He only got in 1 class. What coach wants to be put under that kind of pressure? We will not get any big name coach here with this fanbase. For someone bashing fans, you sure do turn on UK pretty quick. You can't put this one on the fans. I know UK fans are unrealistic but I don't think the fans have anything to do with this one. People blame the fans for running Tubby out but if you remember Tubby was asking around about other jobs in Dec of that year. The fans and pressure may have been the reason he wanted out but it was him who wanted out. I don't feel that this situation has anything to do with the fans. It has to do with BCG being the right person for this job and many feel like he is not, for whatever reasons. To but this on the fans though is crazy and just another excuse for people to bash UK fans. Not this time though!!
March 26, 200917 yr Just like last time, just b/c Donovan is the top choice doesn't mean he wants it. Some got in trouble with this last time, once it got out the D was the top choice, many just assumed it was done. It may happen (IMO, it won't), just don't get ahead of yourselves this time..
March 26, 200917 yr Just like last time, just b/c Donovan is the top choice doesn't mean he wants it. Some got in trouble with this last time, once it got out the D was the top choice, many just assumed it was done. It may happen (IMO, it won't), just don't get ahead of yourselves this time.. Same back at your opinion. :thumb:
March 26, 200917 yr Just like last time, just b/c Donovan is the top choice doesn't mean he wants it. Some got in trouble with this last time, once it got out the D was the top choice, many just assumed it was done. It may happen (IMO, it won't), just don't get ahead of yourselves this time.. Agreed
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.