March 26, 200917 yr Skip Bayless just said on 2nd and 10 that Jodie Meeks has basically tried to get Gillespie fired on his own. His reasoning was because he refused to shoot for long stretches of time. Someone saying this leaves me speechless, how do guys like this get away with saying things like that about student athletes... Skip and Scoop really ripped the UK administrators and the fans. Said Billy Clyde wouldn't kneel to their demands and to the politics, or something to that effect. They also questioned the sanity of any coach who would accept the position. I expect more of this national media criticism will continue, and most of it will not be researched and won't be fair. I think it's much deeper than what these guys know. It's not totally about wins and losses. However, I don't think UK's expectations should be any different than UNC, Duke, Kansas, or any other elite program.
March 26, 200917 yr If Porter wants to stay, I hope he does. I am not going to tell this young man to 'pack his bags'. Not my place. He appears to be a well grounded, Christian young man and a good person by all accounts. I am glad he has shown more class as a representative of the University of Kentucky than many of my fellow UK fans who bash him at every opportunity. I am not sure I could have handled the outside pressure and negative comments that many UK fans have put on this young man at that age as well as he has. If he wants to stay and finish what he started, so be it. And as to the PG position, ... BCG brought in 2 this year, 1 JUCO and 1 Frosh and still made the choice to start Porter. 2 recruiting classes and Porter is still the starter.
March 26, 200917 yr He was guilty once (at UMass) I believe so I don't think they would risk hiring him. At least, like I said....I hope not, I just don't trust the guy.If memory serves, Calipari was not found guilty of any wrongdoing ...
March 26, 200917 yr While I agree, I bet we would be singing a different tune if the dude was a baller :lol: If he was a baller with an NBA future, it would be a different story - for me anyways. He has a wife and baby on the way. He has graduated with a degree. He should probably consider a full-time job to support his family (unless they have families taking care of them). If we were talking about Patterson, who will be rich in the NBA someday, then I would say it would be worth another year.
March 26, 200917 yr All the Calipari talk makes me nervous. I love the guys recruiting skills but he rubs me the wrong way. I just don't think I could trust him.Something tells me that if Calipari won at Kentucky the way he has at Memphis, "trust" wouldn't matter all that much ...
March 26, 200917 yr Skip and Scoop really ripped the UK administrators and the fans. Said Billy Clyde wouldn't kneel to their demands and to the politics, or something to that effect. They also questioned the sanity of any coach who would accept the position. I expect more of this national media criticism will continue, and most of it will not be researched and won't be fair. I think it's much deeper than what these guys know. It's not totally about wins and losses. However, I don't think UK's expectations should be any different than UNC, Duke, Kansas, or any other elite program. :thumb: UK's expectations should be the same as the other elites.
March 26, 200917 yr 2 questions: 1. When should we expect to hear something offical ? 2. Does anyone have a realistic list of possible replacements ?
March 26, 200917 yr Author Should hear something tomorrow morning, sometime. To make it official. Will probably be leaked to national media today as official.
March 26, 200917 yr Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang Gone like a '59 Cadillac Like all the bad things he ain't never coming back He's gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone, he's gone. :clap:
March 26, 200917 yr Skip and Scoop really ripped the UK administrators and the fans. Said Billy Clyde wouldn't kneel to their demands and to the politics, or something to that effect. They also questioned the sanity of any coach who would accept the position. I expect more of this national media criticism will continue, and most of it will not be researched and won't be fair. I think it's much deeper than what these guys know. It's not totally about wins and losses. However, I don't think UK's expectations should be any different than UNC, Duke, Kansas, or any other elite program. I agree 100%, I also think this situation is being handled poorly on UK's part. If he has been terminated then UK needs to make this public and they need to inform the media the reasons for this decision. If they don't then UK is going to get torn to shreds one brick at a time...
March 26, 200917 yr If this is unoffficially official than why is UK keeping quiet?Getting the ducks in a row ... a buyout agreement, getting their public statements straight, etc.
March 26, 200917 yr All the Calipari talk makes me nervous. I love the guys recruiting skills but he rubs me the wrong way. I just don't think I could trust him. He worries me a little too, mostly with would he recruit and do things the right way. But he would be my #1 choice if I were UK. The guys subbing on the Mike and Mike Show said Memphis may be getting a little nervous about this opening. They said UK was one of the top 5 programs in the nation (along with UNC, Duke, UCLA, and Kansas) and that those jobs don't come open very often.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.