Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

Mitch has done a great job at UK overall. Every sport is better than we he got here except basketball. (Cheerleading being the exception as they have dominated for years). Yes Cohen left for his alma mater and the program is in better shape than he found it. Tubby was burned out, ... and I love Tubby, but Mitch didn't 'push him out'. This is the one situation where I think he blew it. I agree that the contract should have been signed 2 years ago. It isn't just about basketball. Under his watch, UK's overall athletics department is better than it was before he got here.

 

I respect your opinion and you may be right. I just will agree to disagree. I just get the feeling that he (Barnhart) may be part of a problem himself. I hope that you are right and I am wrong but I just don't get a good feeling of confidence with him.

Oh well, doesn't matter what I think though and that is probably a very good thing. :idunno::lol:.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have heard there is a lady in compliance at UK who was at UMass when Calipari was there.

Could this be an issue?

 

I mentioned this in post #145. I don't think that U.K. wll be hiring Clapari.

Have heard there is a lady in compliance at UK who was at UMass when Calipari was there.

Could this be an issue?

 

I don't think it would be.

 

I'm not a fan of Cal, but UK needs to make that grand slam hire. I tend to think they need to hire someone who is almost "bigger" than the program, and Cal definitely would fit that description IMO.

It has never stopped the world wide mis-leader before...
ESPN is usually the first to report wrong information. :lol:
All the more reason to be cautious. :lol:
Should be a good one but if you are referring to a Calapari/U.K. connection I don't think so. One reason being that it was meantioned on espn this morning that the lady (forgot the name) that was on the NCAA rules infractions commitie that pulled the plug on Calapari when at UMass is now on the compliance board at U.K. :eek:. Should that be the case then I don't think Cal will be at U.K.
If Calipari was truly innocent of any wrongdoing, then why would that matter?

Calipari is not bigger than the program.

 

I personally think Calipari can coach the game of basketball, but he comes off as somewhat of a slimeball. He doesn't seem trustworthy or something.

Skip Bayless just said on 2nd and 10 that Jodie Meeks has basically tried to get Gillespie fired on his own. His reasoning was because he refused to shoot for long stretches of time. Someone saying this leaves me speechless, how do guys like this get away with saying things like that about student athletes...

Calipari is not bigger than the program.

 

I personally think Calipari can coach the game of basketball, but he comes off as somewhat of a slimeball. He doesn't seem trustworthy or something.

 

Well no coach is truly bigger than any program, but he has that persona around him IMO. Same goes for Pitino and to a lesser extent Billy D.

Well no coach is truly bigger than any program, but he has that persona around him IMO. Same goes for Pitino and to a lesser extent Billy D.

 

Yeah, I agree that they need to make a homerun hire this time if they are to restore the fanbase to full force.

It has never stopped the world wide mis-leader before...

 

:lol: While on that tend espn's Forde also stated that Donovan (of course) was the #1 choice along with .....get this, Forde said that he wouldn't doubt that U.K. go hard after Tom Izzo, whether Izzo would leave MSU would be another matter but U.K. would offer whoever a very, very large ??? deal, much more than what they are currently making.

I personally like Jay Wright and Jamie Dixon as possibilities but at any rate another show has just began!!:popcorn::popcorn:

I don't think it would be.

 

I'm not a fan of Cal, but UK needs to make that grand slam hire. I tend to think they need to hire someone who is almost "bigger" than the program, and Cal definitely would fit that description IMO.

 

:thumb:

 

It seems that the options are #1 - Donovan , #2 - Calipari. Donovan just doesn't seem worth the mess of getting rid of BCG.

If Calipari was truly innocent of any wrongdoing, then why would that matter?

 

He was guilty once (at UMass) I believe so I don't think they would risk hiring him. At least, like I said....I hope not, I just don't trust the guy.

He was guilty once (at UMass) I believe so I don't think they would risk hiring him. At least, like I said....I hope not, I just don't trust the guy.

 

He comes off as someone I can't trust, too.

Yeah, I agree that they need to make a homerun hire this time

 

:thumb: Absolutely, Barnhart/U.K. cannot screw this one up. A major hire is needeed, especially if you are getting rid of a coach after just two years.

Skip Bayless just said on 2nd and 10 that Jodie Meeks has basically tried to get Gillespie fired on his own. His reasoning was because he refused to shoot for long stretches of time. Someone saying this leaves me speechless, how do guys like this get away with saying things like that about student athletes...

 

Because Bayless is an egocentric idiot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.