March 26, 200917 yr WKYT news just aired an interview with Gillispie by Dave Baker. After listening to it I believe that BCG is good as gone and that he knows it. Nothing was said as definate but imo anyone listening to it would come away with the same opinion :idunno:. Baker basically said the same thing when on the 12:00 news. WKYT news is still airing now (12:30-1) and they said there would be more on this along with more throughout the day.
March 26, 200917 yr Rick P called this saying if we get rid of Tubby Smith it would set the program back 5 years. So far he is right.
March 26, 200917 yr I don't know about anyone else but imo Mitch Barnhart should be on thin ice as well. He hires BCG and let it go without a signed contract, that in itself threw up a red flag for me. Yes, the man (M.B.) hired M. DeMoss but also lost her, same with Coach Cohen with the baseball program and jmo now is that there maybe was more to it than them (coaches) "just wanted to make a move". I don't think anyone can get along with Barnhart. Also, no matter what anyone wants to say about him leavin gon his own, Tubby was "pushed out" and Barnhart was a big part of that. So, I am questioning Barnhart's ability as well. I have the feelng that there is no one within the university that can get along with him except for R. Brooks . I have always felt that Barnhart wants to be at U.T., no inside info or link, just a feeling I have. I think I may start referring to him as Mitch "Brainfart".
March 26, 200917 yr Rick P called this saying if we get rid of Tubby Smith it would set the program back 5 years. So far he is right. I believe the comment was 10 years but at any rate I agree.
March 26, 200917 yr Real journalists sometimes are ... it's those pesky rules like getting some sort of credible confirmation. It has never stopped the world wide mis-leader before...
March 26, 200917 yr ESPN is usually way behind on stuff like this... Yeah I understand that. I'm just saying I want to hear it from the University either by their website or WKYT or something. I trust everyones opinion on here :thumb::thumb:I just am tired of all the talk that has been going on and just want to hear something offical.
March 26, 200917 yr I don't know about anyone else but imo Mitch Barnhart should be on thin ice as well. He hires BCG and let it go without a signed contract, that in itself threw up a red flag for me. Yes, the man (M.B.) hired M. DeMoss but also lost her, same with Coach Cohen with the baseball program and jmo now is that there maybe was more to it than them (coaches) "just wanted to make a move". I don't think anyone can get along with Barnhart. Also, no matter what anyone wants to say about him leavin gon his own, Tubby was "pushed out" and Barnhart was a big part of that. So, I am questioning Barnhart's ability as well. I have the feelng that there is no one within the university that can get along with him except for R. Brooks . I have always felt that Barnhart wants to be at U.T., no inside info or link, just a feeling I have. I think I may start referring to him as Mitch "Brainfart". Mitch has done a great job at UK overall. Every sport is better than we he got here except basketball. (Cheerleading being the exception as they have dominated for years). Yes Cohen left for his alma mater and the program is in better shape than he found it. Tubby was burned out, ... and I love Tubby, but Mitch didn't 'push him out'. This is the one situation where I think he blew it. I agree that the contract should have been signed 2 years ago. It isn't just about basketball. Under his watch, UK's overall athletics department is better than it was before he got here.
March 26, 200917 yr Real journalists sometimes are ... it's those pesky rules like getting some sort of credible confirmation. ESPN is usually the first to report wrong information. :lol:
March 26, 200917 yr I will watch every second of the Memphis game tonight.:popcorn: Should be a good one but if you are referring to a Calapari/U.K. connection I don't think so. One reason being that it was meantioned on espn this morning that the lady (forgot the name) that was on the NCAA rules infractions commitie that pulled the plug on Calapari when at UMass is now on the compliance board at U.K. :eek:. Should that be the case then I don't think Cal will be at U.K.. I actually hope not, just something about the guy I don't like and don't trust. All U.K. needs is to hire a guy with NCAA problems/violations on his resume. Calapari knid of reminds me of a Jerry Tarktanian (UNLV). I don't trust him. JMO
March 26, 200917 yr ESPN is usually the first to report wrong information. :lol: Can't argue with anything here.:lol:
March 26, 200917 yr DK and Maggard are now backing what I heard that Gillispie didn't ask out three weeks ago, but was not happy with the way things were planned and the way the contract looked; said he wouldn't be back if things weren't changed. Semantics...Easy to say you're being forced out to put the blame on UK. He's QUITTING. It may be because he didn't like some parts of his job that were in his contract, but people, he quit. I was told 2 weeks ago he was quitting, and I guarantee my source was more "in the know" than any other source possible! (except Gillispie himself)
March 26, 200917 yr Have heard there is a lady in compliance at UK who was at UMass when Calipari was there. Could this be an issue?
March 26, 200917 yr Should be a good one but if you are referring to a Calapari/U.K. connection I don't think so. One reason being that it was meantioned on espn this morning that the lady (forgot the name) that was on the NCAA rules infractions commitie that pulled the plug on Calapari when at UMass is now on the board at U.K. :eek:. Should that be the case then I don't think Cal will be at U.K.. I actually hope not, just something about the guy I don't like and don't trust. All U.K. needs is to hire a guy with NCAA problems/violations on his resume. Calapari knid of reminds me of a Jerry Tarktanian (UNLV). I don't trust him. JMO We agree on that. I can't pin it down, but something doesn't sit right with me on Calipari either. If BCG does leave, I will support whomever the coach is and hope he does well, ... but I don't totally trust him either.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.