Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

Without a doubt, Gillispie will not be the University of Kentucky head coach next season. No assistant coaches will be retained either.

 

Gillispie DID NOT ask to part ways, but didn't like the way things were being handled the felt his hands were tied behind his back.

 

LABS, I'm sure, will back this up.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I'm gathering :thumb:

Will you stop it. He's staying. He's going. He's NOT going to be fired. He's GONE.

 

This is all just a rerun of 2007. It's kinda sad.

Very interesting, to say the least. Like I mentioned before, I hope that UK has a plan already formed out, and if BCG was kind of "pushed" into this then I kind of think it is bad form on the University of Kentucky's part. Just my opinion though

  • Author
Will you stop it. He's staying. He's going. He's NOT going to be fired. He's GONE.

 

This is all just a rerun of 2007. It's kinda sad.

 

No flip flopping anymore.

 

Gillispie is gone. All the players know as of this very second.

 

I said in my very first statement that the ball was in Gillispie's court. It was. He was asked to do things that he didn't want to and wouldn't sign the contract.

 

He never asked to part ways with UK.

It's not flip-flopping. It's called being wrong.

Didn't someone else already say that he told the players "goodbye"? Isn't this information we've already heard from LABS? I heard it from GT already too.

 

SSF, you were the only one w/ "sources" waffling on whether or not he was staying/going.

  • Author
It's not flip-flopping. It's called being wrong.

 

I've not been wrong. Gillispie will not be fired. He is not being fired for the way he treated his players, or the way he treated the media.

 

He left because his hands were tied with the contract that the administration wanted, and he didn't agree with it.

Just curious, what do you think this will do with the Patterson and Meeks situation? Any chance they try to go pro or does it depend on the coach? Also, what about the recruits for next season?

  • Author

I honestly don't care if you feel I'm wrong, flip-flopped, and made things up.

 

These are the facts:

 

- Gillispie never asked to leave Kentucky.

- Gillispie never was going to be fired for his media relations or the way he coached his players.

- Gillispie was asked to do things in his contract that he didn't agree with, and wouldn't sign the contract.

- Tonight Gillispie informed all players that he was indeed leaving.

I honestly don't care if you feel I'm wrong, flip-flopped, and made things up.

 

These are the facts:

 

- Gillispie never asked to leave Kentucky.

- Gillispie never was going to be fired for his media relations or the way he coached his players.

- Gillispie was asked to do things in his contract that he didn't agree with, and wouldn't sign the contract.

- Tonight Gillispie informed all players that he was indeed leaving.

 

He asked out three weeks ago.

Pat Forde is getting ready to tell us all about it on SportsCenter.

 

After the commerical break...

Here are the facts:

 

At 11:51 LABS told us that, "BCG told the team "goodbye" after the game tonight."

 

At 12:30 you told us that, "Gillispie, Barnhart, and Todd will all have a meeting and decide the final word on what will be announced Friday (or Monday). Gillispie wants to be a Kentucky and may be willing to make changes, so I hear."

 

9 minutes later you tell us he's out AGAIN.

  • Author
He asked out three weeks ago.

 

I can honestly say that you are nearly 100% right on all things, but Gillispie did not ask out three weeks ago.

 

I will put that against anything. If there is some proof that surfaces that confirms that idea, I will cut the payment to this account and leave BGP.

Pat Forde is getting ready to tell us all about it on SportsCenter.

 

After the commerical break...

Please update...I don't have ESPN.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.