Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

I am for the first time in my life, officially disgusted with Kentucky Basketball and Im embarassed to call myself a fan. Where is the class this once renowned program had?

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am for the first time in my life, officially disgusted with Kentucky Basketball and Im embarassed to call myself a fan. Where is the class this once renowned program had?

 

It went down when they hired the current Administration.

Nothing is official to me until I hear it from Gillispie, Barnhart or Todd.

 

Here's my take on the contract. UK has the right to ask for what they want, BCG has the right to ask for what he wants. The writing was on the wall (if he indeed does leave) when he refused to sign the contract. To me, you don't accept the job in the first place unless you are willing to sign the contract.

Nothing is official to me until I hear it from Gillispie, Barnhart or Todd.

 

Here's my take on the contract. UK has the right to ask for what they want, BCG has the right to ask for what he wants. The writing was on the wall (if he indeed does leave) when he refused to sign the contract. To me, you don't accept the job in the first place unless you are willing to sign the contract.

 

Exactly...

Well, if true, i hope that everyone that wanted him gone will be satisfied with lost recruits and players leaving. I think coach G is being done very wrong. The AD and president of UK should be fired also. Here's to coach G taking the Georgia job and taking his recruits with him and beating UK for years to come. This program is no longer top class. A top class program backs their coaches and doesnt cow tow to fanatical fans. Our fans are a disgrace to college basketball. We chase away a coach that was given only 2 seasons to try and rebuild. He only got in 1 class. What coach wants to be put under that kind of pressure? We will not get any big name coach here with this fanbase.

 

:thumb: Personally, I think the person that hired said coach should reevaluate himself. I wonder about Lee Todd as well.

Maybe my source was right about BCG being gone and Donovan already accepted the job. This whole thing is very hard to believe. I would have bet a lot of money that BCG would get one more year.

Maybe my source was right about BCG being gone and Donovan already accepted the job. This whole thing is very hard to believe. I would have bet a lot of money that BCG would get one more year.

 

If the posting on here is accurate, it appears that Todd and Barnhart were going to give him another year, but he still would not sign the contract. I understand that the parties could not agree on certain things in the contract or it would have been signed nearly 2 years ago. I know those things are often somewhat of a formality, but I have to say that this has disappointed me. I think all parties involved, Gillispie, Barnhart and Todd dropped the ball on this for it still to be an issue 2 years later.

 

Hoopboy is right, Barnhart needs to reevaluate how the last search and finding of the coach was done and not repeat the same mistakes this time. I know that he has hired several coaches with no issues before, but this is the premiere program at UK and everything needs to go as close to plan as possible.

If BCG is out Todd & Barnhart knew it was coming for some time now( makes sense because they have been so silent) and if that is the case then the new coach has already been contacted and agreed upon and hired.I don't think there will be a long dramatic coaching search this time.

Maybe my source was right about BCG being gone and Donovan already accepted the job. This whole thing is very hard to believe. I would have bet a lot of money that BCG would get one more year.

 

The question is, has Donovan taken the job and is BCG gone?

Well, I like what Sonny Dykes said last night. The AD needs to be looked at also. He was the one that hired BCG. He didn't use anyone for the purpose of helping him. He doesn't need to make this hire strictly by himself.

Well, I like what Sonny Dykes said last night. The AD needs to be looked at also. He was the one that hired BCG. He didn't use anyone for the purpose of helping him. He doesn't need to make this hire strictly by himself.

 

Except Mitch Barnhart has done a great job with every program thus far...

Except Mitch Barnhart has done a great job with every program thus far...

 

While I agree with you some/many will look at choices made for the basketball program to be like choices made by a surgeon - you can't ever be wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.