Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie is OUT...

Featured Replies

Tubby hadn't set the program back too bad. The best players on this team were brought here by Tubby. Meeks and Patterson. And before you try to say that BCG talked Patterson into coming after Tubby left, please remember that Patterson never said he wasn't coming to UK after Tubby left. Tubby would have done a MUCH better job with the team this year and last. Tubby wouldn't have lost to VMI, Gardner-Webb and he would have fielded a much better team in an SEC that was down by far this year. Tubby's been gone for 2 years, bashing him now is fruitless.

 

 

I agree with everything except on Patterson. I have numerous friends in WV where I used to live and some very close to the situation and they stated all along that Patterson was coming to UK when Tubby was there. However, when Tubby said he was leaving, Patterson and his family backed off UK until the knew who was coming. Like him or not, Billy Clyde did a great job in reselling UK to the Pattersons. If he doesn't do that, Patterson probably would have ended up at UF. I do also know that Tubby told the Pattersons that even though he was leaving, UK was a great place for Patrick to go. Noone knows for sure, but I do know that Billy Clyde did what he needed to do in order to get Patterson to come. I have to give him credit for that.

 

The one thing that would have probably been different this season is that I believe we still would have had Jasper which could have helped a great deal.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sportscenter just reported University of Kentucky released a statement saying. Billy Gillispie has not been fired. There is no press conference today and no meeting scheduled between BCG, Todd and Berhart.

I think Travis Ford is the best long term option.

I think Travis Ford is the best long term option.

 

 

Based on?

I think Travis Ford is the best long term option.

 

He may be, but UK fans aren't worried about long term. Some think they should make the final four next year. That's why Pitino keeps telling Donovan not to take it IMO.

Based on?

 

For me it's b/c he plays the right tempo and he understands UK and that would appease some fans.

 

For him it may be b/c he loves IU.

Based on?
My opinion. I don't think Cal is leaving the ridiculous class he has coming in in Memphis. Jay Wright doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. I firmly believe Donovan will be in the NBA within 3-5 years and you're going through all of this again. Pitino is not coming back.

 

Ford is a legend here and will be given the time needed to get the program where it needs to be, he also already would be in with the big boys he needs to be in with in Lexington. He's a solid coach, and just long term, I think this is the best bet. :thumb:

My opinion. I don't think Cal is leaving the ridiculous class he has coming in in Memphis. Jay Wright doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. I firmly believe Donovan will be in the NBA within 3-5 years and you're going through all of this again. Pitino is not coming back.

 

Ford is a legend here and will be given the time needed to get the program where it needs to be, he also already would be in with the big boys he needs to be in with in Lexington. He's a solid coach, and just long term, I think this is the best bet. :thumb:

 

I get nervous when I hear Travis Ford. I just don't want another Gillispie.

I get nervous when I hear Travis Ford. I just don't want another Gillispie.

 

 

That is my biggest concern with Ford. I have just heard too many negative things about him, and his treatment toward his players, and other people.

My opinion. I don't think Cal is leaving the ridiculous class he has coming in in Memphis. Jay Wright doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. I firmly believe Donovan will be in the NBA within 3-5 years and you're going through all of this again. Pitino is not coming back.

 

Ford is a legend here and will be given the time needed to get the program where it needs to be, he also already would be in with the big boys he needs to be in with in Lexington. He's a solid coach, and just long term, I think this is the best bet. :thumb:

 

Best post I've read on this whole situation, hands down.

 

I think Travis to UK could also mean Daniel Orton stays as well.

That is my biggest concern with Ford. I have just heard too many negative things about him, and his treatment toward his players, and other people.

 

Same here, I've even witnessed some personally at EKU. Appears rude to fans everytime I've seen him.

Well, if true, i hope that everyone that wanted him gone will be satisfied with lost recruits and players leaving. I think coach G is being done very wrong. The AD and president of UK should be fired also. Here's to coach G taking the Georgia job and taking his recruits with him and beating UK for years to come. This program is no longer top class. A top class program backs their coaches and doesnt cow tow to fanatical fans. Our fans are a disgrace to college basketball. We chase away a coach that was given only 2 seasons to try and rebuild. He only got in 1 class. What coach wants to be put under that kind of pressure? We will not get any big name coach here with this fanbase.

 

27 loses in 2 years

5th place finish in SEC East

4 of the worst loses in UK history in just 2 years

Early exit of SEC tournment

Left out of NCAA tournment for 1st time in 18 years!

:deadhorse:

My opinion. I don't think Cal is leaving the ridiculous class he has coming in in Memphis. Jay Wright doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. I firmly believe Donovan will be in the NBA within 3-5 years and you're going through all of this again. Pitino is not coming back.

 

Ford is a legend here and will be given the time needed to get the program where it needs to be, he also already would be in with the big boys he needs to be in with in Lexington. He's a solid coach, and just long term, I think this is the best bet. :thumb:

 

IF Donovan comes doesn't that give UK 3-5 years to see if Pelphry or Ford would be able to cut it at a bigger school? Basically they get a 4 yeard job interview to become the next UK coach. If Donovan comes and it's only for 3-5 years UK would be in better shape than they are today.

 

Side question: How many NBA teams are going to be willing to let it go what he did to the Magic? Especially if there aren't any successful college to the NBA coaching jumps between now and then.

27 loses in 2 years

5th place finish in SEC East

4 of the worst loses in UK history in just 2 years

Early exit of SEC tournment

Left out of NCAA tournment for 1st time in 18 years!

:deadhorse:

 

Record losing streak to Florida

Record losing streak to Vandy (and first ever loss to Vandy in Rupp)

Record Final Four drought

First time ever playing on Thursday in the SEC tourney

Losing to a 9 seed as a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney

 

Just saying.... the guy should have another year, but if he doesn't, the admin needs to get the circus stopped QUICKLY.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.