Shelby Valley/Elliott County Predictions (Elite 8)

Who will advance to the Final Four?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance to the Final Four?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is a toss-up. Both of these teams are capable of winning the whole tournament, so regardless of who wins this game, it's not going to be an upset.

That said, I picked Shelby Valley to win the whole thing, so I have no choice but to take them in this game. I'll take the Wildcats in a close one.

Elliott by 12!

I watched SV play and wasn't too impressed last night. Don't know if they were just getting their game feet or what but they'll sure have to step it up to stay in the game with the Elliott that hit the floor last night.

By most accounts (ratings, polls and opinions), Mason County was a much tougher matchup than Anderson County. It stands to reason that SV may not look as impressive since their opponent was highly rated and the defending state champion.

JMO

The fact that they beat Elliott County in the All "A" Classic should be all EC fans need when considering how dangerous their next opponent can be.

By most accounts (ratings, polls and opinions), Mason County was a much tougher matchup than Anderson County. It stands to reason that SV may not look as impressive since their opponent was highly rated and the defending state champion.

JMO

The fact that they beat Elliott County in the All "A" Classic should be all EC fans need when considering how dangerous their next opponent can be.

I will agree here. But, if Ferguson is on like he was last night Shelby Valley will have their hands full. Valley needs to rebound and limit Elliott to one shot, that is really the only thing they can control defensively, IMO. They will need to get a hand on the shooters of EC, but alot of times, as Ferguson proved last night it really doesn't matter if their on. I think it will be a good game.

If Valley controls the paint and uses their size getting Elliott in foul trouble they win. They will have to make free throws though when they get fouled. If they don't do these things Elliott will win.

I will agree here. But, if Ferguson is on like he was last night Shelby Valley will have their hands full. Valley needs to rebound and limit Elliott to one shot, that is really the only thing they can control defensively, IMO. They will need to get a hand on the shooters of EC, but alot of times, as Ferguson proved last night it really doesn't matter if their on. I think it will be a good game.

If Valley controls the paint and uses their size getting Elliott in foul trouble they win. They will have to make free throws though when they get fouled. If they don't do these things Elliott will win.

That's a lot of ifs.:lol: That being said, if the game goes as I expect Elliott County wins 75-69.:D

Both teams are capable of winning...so obviously, if Elliott County is on and can control the tempo, SV's chances aren't good.

On the flipside, with their size, SV has the ability to make EC's looks difficult and to control the boards and limit them to one shot. And, on the other end, with a PG like Justice, they have the ability to take care of the ball and utilize their size advantage and control the tempo.

It should be an interesting matchup. I was hoping I'd be able to go down and watch tonight's session, but don't think that's in the cards. This is one of the best Friday night sessions I can remember...Holmes vs. LexCath and Shelby Valley vs. Elliott County...all four with legit title chances.

I am at work today and ain't worth a spit. All I can think about is getting in Rupp and seeing this thang happen!

I know that EC wants the title, plain and simple. And I am sure the other schools feel the exact same but it makes you feel just so strong about your team right now.

I am not happy that Eastern, KY was represented in the lower bracket like this (Exception of Hazard) but that is over now so we must root for our boys to get it done.

I am happy however that SV has been able to grow their program very strong as like they have. I just hate that they and EC have to meet like this.

I don't understand why people say things like Elliott is on a mission, do you not believe that every other team is on that same mission and Shelby Valley is playing for eastern Kentucky too so they have a lot of pride on the line.

This should be a great game that I believe will go down to the wire with Elliott pulling this out on the last posession in a 2 point win.

I am at work today and ain't worth a spit. All I can think about is getting in Rupp and seeing this thang happen!

I know that EC wants the title, plain and simple. And I am sure the other schools feel the exact same but it makes you feel just so strong about your team right now.

I am not happy that Eastern, KY was represented in the lower bracket like this (Exception of Hazard) but that is over now so we must root for our boys to get it done.

I am happy however that SV has been able to grow their program very strong as like they have. I just hate that they and EC have to meet like this.

:dancingpa:thumb::clap: