Patterson quote after the game.

corndog23

I thought Hammonds was talking about Billy G, saying there were questions about whether he would be back, and the cameras switched to Darius giving people the wrong impression of his comments.

Did anybody else see it that way?

Thank you, I was thinking the same response. :thumb:

Hammonds has been an awesome broadcaster throughout a tenure that has lasted over 4 decades.

Yes, and he has slipped over the last few years! He gives incorrect info 2-3 times a game in every game he calls. Who cares if he graduated from UK, his time is passing as a good announcer.

Hammond graduated from UK, lives in Lexington, and is probably about as connected as you can get to UK and Lex's movers and shakers. Do your homework.

Well, I guess we'll just see about that when Darius is playing for the Big Blue next year!

Yes, and he has slipped over the last few years! He gives incorrect info 2-3 times a game in every game he calls. Who cares if he graduated from UK, his time is passing as a good announcer.

Maybe, but your statement was:

This is just a bunch of hot air coming from a man who knows nothing about the program.

That has nothing to do with the announcing end. Hammonds knows more about the program than any of us. You do recall his start was with WLEX and interviewing Rupp at the end of his career, don't you? He's covered the SEC for decades. Therefore I think your initial statement about Hammond's knowledge is pretty much off the mark.

As to the announcing end, he's done pretty well for himself in every venue he's been hired by Networks to do from basketball, to the Olympics, to Horse Racing, et al.

Maybe, but your statement was:

This is just a bunch of hot air coming from a man who knows nothing about the program.

That has nothing to do with the announcing end. Hammonds knows more about the program than any of us. You do recall his start was with WLEX and interviewing Rupp at the end of his career, don't you? He's covered the SEC for decades. Therefore I think your initial statement about Hammond's knowledge is pretty much off the mark.

As to the announcing end, he's done pretty well for himself in every venue he's been hired by Networks to do from basketball, to the Olympics, to Horse Racing, et al.

OK, I apologize about the quote about knowing nothing about the program. That's why I probably shouldn't post on here when I'm upset over a loss. But, I still think he is is way off base about Darius. Listening to Hammonds the last couple years, he probably meant to say AJ Stewart or Deandre Liggins instead of Darius Miller. If you listened to him the last couple years, he says things that really make a person scratch thier head. It's like he's watching a totally different game than the one he's commentating.

I thought Hammonds was talking about Billy G, saying there were questions about whether he would be back, and the cameras switched to Darius giving people the wrong impression of his comments.

Did anybody else see it that way?

He said both BCG and Darius Miller. He said something like Darius Miller, who is up in the air on returning next season, has just fouled out of the game. My memory stinks, but it was something like that.

I thought that Hammonds was talking about BCG, and the camera just happened to be on Miller at the time. I watched the whole game and never heard him mention anything about Miller possibly transfering.

He's a class act but most 19 year olds (or whatever age he is) with the frustrating ending to the season in the heat of the moement speak their peace. I really wish Patterson and Meeks would stay 1 more year. I've really enjoyed them even though the season has been really frustrating.

:thumb: Good post.